Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest Injury Update 16th July …

UPDATES on four Blues leading into Round 19:-

Zac Williams (hamstring) 😢
  • Underwent scans which have confirmed a hamstring strain following the game against the Western Bulldogs
  • The Club will work through a timeline of recovery over the next week

Orazio Fantasia (calf)
  • Managing calf soreness out of the VFL game on Sunday
  • Availability: Test

Mitch McGovern (hip flexor)

- Availability: Test

Billy Wilson (illness)
  • Was a late withdrawal from the VFL game on Sunday due to illness
  • Availability: Test

IMG_0879.jpeg

UPDATE 22ND JULY:- 😭

Last edited:
Has this "Charlie rolled his ankle pre-match" thing ever been verified? I don't think it happened, sounds like BS. It's just making excuses... unless he rolled his ankle before the Richmond game too?
It was tweeted by a member of the Cheersquad during the warm-up - doubt anyone would make it up pre-game

HOK i thought was out for ages, seems like a quick 12 week in jury, i really hope Martin gets up to play VFL this week, no more bringing back players from such a long injury lay off, straight in to the seniors.

Has this "Charlie rolled his ankle pre-match" thing ever been verified? I don't think it happened, sounds like BS. It's just making excuses... unless he rolled his ankle before the Richmond game too?
Watching him live, he's clearly been carrying something most of the year. Seemed better in the lead up to the bye but he looked lame again on the weekend.

His work ethic has never been an issue previously, and he's never looked slow in the past - he's the slowest player out there atm.

Recall the year Cripps played with the back when some wanted him traded. I don't think Charlie's suddenly become lazy and stopped trying.

Watching him live, he's clearly been carrying something most of the year. Seemed better in the lead up to the bye but he looked lame again on the weekend.

His work ethic has never been an issue previously, and he's never looked slow in the past - he's the slowest player out there atm.

Recall the year Cripps played with the back when some wanted him traded. I don't think Charlie's suddenly become lazy and stopped trying.

Undisclosed injury or he simply played like crap? My money is on the latter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

never hear anything about JSOS.

Get other updates on other people listed as indefinite, footage of Doc running etc. Curious.

I look forward to having JSOS available as back up ruck - alternative 3rd tall option over the dedicated two ruck Pitto / TDK combo.

During the 3rd qtr of the Richmond game he landed awkwardly on a knee when he flew for a mark that resulted in a Fantasia goal. He instantly grabbed at the knee whilst still down and was limping noticeably after that.

I've got no doubt he is sore and it's limiting his ability to work up the ground and tire his opponent out which is one of his strengths. I reckon he's also a little down on confidence with his aerial marking. There has been plenty of dropped marks over the last month that Charlie would normally clunk.

That said, every club in the league would take an 85% Charlie Curnow.

He's a champ & he'll be right.

Sorry Aph ! Or whover ...wrong thread.

I'M curious about tbem mentioning Doc in that way.
Could there be truth to the Doc in finals rumour?
An ACL suffered in March and a return from it in September seems incredibly unlikely.

Mmm. And yet, it's Doc.

Doc is as tough as they come. But he also missed two full seasons with two seperate ACL’s and they were both suffered in November/December.

I would be so happy if he could return in 2024.

Doc is as tough as they come. But he also missed two full seasons with two seperate ACL’s and they were both suffered in November/December.

I would be so happy if he could return in 2024.
I wouldn't put it past him to try.

They showed them strapping his ankle on TV.

On SM-F946B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Every sport I've played, or triathlon I've competed in I've strapped my ankles and 99.9% of AFL players most likely do too. He probably rolled it in warm-up and the existing tape did its job and as commonplace they'd have re-wrapped it for him as his initial taping would be compromised and need to be re-done.

I wouldn't put it past him to try.

We are all rooting for him. I hope he can do it. Imagine Doc returning for a finals campaign? Talk about the rest of the squad feeling like 10 feet tall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back