Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

So we've got the Murphy injury being non-existant, Kreuzer & Fasolo by round 1 & Marchbank, Williamson, Macreadie, Lang sometime early in the season.

Hopefully the latter 4 can have some nice progress without any setbacks and return to the fold sometime before maybe round 6 or so?

Just leaves Doc for the season and Pickett perhaps a chance later if he can return to the VFL say mid-season and get his fitness & form up.

Overall that's pretty positive for me.

So we've got the Murphy injury being non-existant, Kreuzer & Fasolo by round 1 & Marchbank, Williamson, Macreadie, Lang sometime early in the season.

Hopefully the latter 4 can have some nice progress without any setbacks and return to the fold sometime before maybe round 6 or so?

Just leaves Doc for the season and Pickett perhaps a chance later if he can return to the VFL say mid-season and get his fitness & form up.

I agree, very positive and at this stage a better quality of player as a whole, for round 1

Looking forward to some players such as Setters having another hitout in the JLT

I really like how Russell says they are now training but will need a "block of conditioning" training prior to playing. Even McGovern played a half and then did more conditioning. Really understands the need to be fit not just over an injury.

Report I thought was very good. Nowhere near as bad as some made out especially the media

This cant be true. I've read it on BigFooty dozens of times how Marchbank is finished and Williamson too.........;)

There's a new injury update from Russell posted on CFC site.

Here's the link.

Injury update | JLT 1

Further news on Fasolo. I saw him near the membership area (Carlton Shop) when I was at the ground last week. I'll back Russell's claim about the work they've managed to pile into him. Apart from still having the cast/guard on his arm, Fasolo really did look trim, lean and fit. Has lost that bloated, heavy appearance he had before Xmas.
Murphy - Knee - Available (full game)
McGovern - Back - Available (near-to-full game in JLT1)
Setterfield - Knee - Available (full game)
Kreuzer - Knee - likely JLT2
Fasolo - Arm - likely JLT2
Marchbank - Back - unlikely R1
Macreadie - Back - unlikely R1
Williamson - Back - early season
(definitely not R1)
Lang - Foot - early season (least promising timeframe, but ahead of original prognosis)

So for the last four, they'll do a mini pre-season before they're anywhere near AFL selection, so look for them to be eased back in via limited minutes in the VFL (VFL pre-season runs until the end of March, with the VFL season proper starting in AFL R3).

(definitely not R1)
Lang - Foot - early season (least promising timeframe, but ahead of original prognosis)

So for the last four, they'll do a mini pre-season before they're anywhere near AFL selection, so look for them to be eased back in via limited minutes in the VFL (VFL pre-season runs until the end of March, with the VFL season proper starting in AFL R3).

Setterfield being prepared for a full game is very exciting. 2 full matches before the season and ready for R1.

Serious non collision related back injuries for elite athletes is a sign that the Club was clue less about conditioning.

Marchbank/Williamson/McCreadie ( don't forget Harry ) all prized tall additions to the list all pretty much scratched for over a year of development.Lang came to the Club with an ankle issue, missed a pre-season and couldn't get it fixed properly for half a season and then came back obviously impaired looking like a VFL draft horse instead of an elite running machine....Kreuzer with a heart issue? - really?? wtf was all that about???

I hope that the Club has done more than just hire Russell to improve player fitness levels and management.

I was not particularly convinced by what Russell had to say about Marchbank McCreadie or Williamson.

With this bloke calling the shots, I am confident the nagging, recurring injuries will be sorted before the boys play. I am just as confident that when they
are back it is to stay.

Surely we would be happy to have them for the majority of the season building cohesion with their team mates than rushing back for a couple of early games. There is nothing on the line short term to demand an early return for any of them. After all, patience is a virtue.
then bluebaggers are the most virtuous of them all..........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(definitely not R1)

NB’s game# 1 for all 4 (maybe not Willo unfort), which is actually round 4 in the AFL and likely 2 or 3 week spell from our last VFL practice match with our bye in 1st round.

Some tall timber down back with K.Collins, Goddard, Marchbank, Macreadie, BSOS all in contention (TDK, Flip, Lobbe, Casboult, Kerr, Finbar further up the ground).

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back