Injury Blue Healers Medical Room 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

stakeholders - spare me..........

Apparently the club will create an advanced version of the Thursday night selection committee, live streaming so members get the information prior to the players

In a reality style involvement, each member has voting rights to challenge a single selected player

Plough is effectively ****ed

don't need it - let the baker bake the bread, fred........

So your view is that the club has no obligation to provide accurate information to supporters (or the media) in relation to injuries? If so, why on earth are you bothering to read this thread?

Seems a weird stance to take. Most supporters just want to know what is happening with players because they care about the club. Seems a pretty minor courtesy and something that most clubs are able to do pretty easily.

So your view is that the club has no obligation to provide accurate information to supporters (or the media) in relation to injuries? If so, why on earth are you bothering to read this thread?

Seems a weird stance to take. Most supporters just want to know what is happening with players because they care about the club. Seems a pretty minor courtesy and something that most clubs are able to do pretty easily.
And now the poor old supporter stance, kept in the dark, I pay my money! seems a pretty minor courtesy. Exactly how much more do you need? What exactly are you demanding? Who says you get to hear everything about the machinations of the club, the discussions held, the extent of injuries, the complications? Hope you're sitting down cause I need to tell ya, you're not the first person the club thinks of when a player has a health set back. They owe you zero in fact. Sit down and support the club, take what you're told and know you're fortunate to get that much. Fmd....

And now the poor old supporter stance, kept in the dark, I pay my money! seems a pretty minor courtesy. Exactly how much more do you need? What exactly are you demanding? Who says you get to hear everything about the machinations of the club, the discussions held, the extent of injuries, the complications? Hope you're sitting down cause I need to tell ya, you're not the first person the club thinks of when a player has a health set back. They owe you zero in fact. Sit down and support the club, take what you're told and know you're fortunate to get that much. Fmd....

Nor only that, i have no doubt that players (from all clubs) have not played in games over the years (probably decades) due to mental health issues (especially in the past)

If a player is struggling with mental health or life stress/emotional issues in his life, we are not obliged (as supporters or members) to get that information, even if the player(s) consent to it.

And don't get me started on gamblers and or bookie agencies when say a star player is. Last minute withdrawal (for whatever reason)

Real close to giving up on the club.

We won’t be given a clear picture by the club about this. All the well run clubs would explain it well to their fans, as they should.

We as supporters pay memberships and attend games to support the club. Some people for 40+ years. We deserve this to be ****ing explained properly and not sappy bs

We won’t be given a clear picture by the club about this. All the well run clubs would explain it well to their fans, as they should.

We as supporters pay memberships and attend games to support the club. Some people for 40+ years. We deserve this to be ******* explained properly and not sappy bs

What do you want explained?

I’m assuming given tomorrow is open training we will get the cotters and young updates and I’m hoping / praying they are just being overly cautious and some rest off the legs will help and they are only 3-4 week issues vs proper stress fractures that can be 8-12 week injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is an absurd mischaracterisation of what I said. The club is a membership based organisation, and participates in a public spectator sport that many people are interested in - particularly on this forum (and given you spend what seems like 99% of your time posting here, that's probably true for you).

It seems a fairly minor expectation to have that clubs report injuries and other major news, and that they do so in good faith and provide reasonably accurate information. It doesn't have to be daily updates (particularly over the Christmas break), but major injuries, and occasional updates on the progress of players with long-term injuries seems a pretty minor 'machination', and it is just good public relations and supporter management if nothing else.

'Sit down and support the club' - how condescending... apparently being a supporter means just blindly barracking for the team? Why go on a discussion forum if not to discuss, debate and engage with a range of views? The club is certainly due its share of scrutiny after being a basket case for two decades. 'They owe you zero...' - seems a strange way to view members and an attitude that won't serve the club well. Luckily, I don't think anyone at the club thinks that way, because it would be pretty ordinary if they did.

As members we should be referred to as KEY Stakeholders from now on.
Mate you are moving waaaaay too quick on this. That's a really big call. It really needs a stakeholder engagament plan before you can say that. And that of course requires appropriate consultation and at the very least a series of focus groups to inform it.

Last edited:

We as supporters pay memberships and attend games to support the club. Some people for 40+ years. We deserve this to be ******* explained properly and not sappy bs
Of ya trot.

No you!

horses toca life stable GIF by Toca Boca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back