Bluemour Discussion Thread IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every one of those hits were "coward punches" from the back or side on, and clarksons`hit on Aitken was from behind as well..........those acts were pure gutlessness, not tough..........still burns deep even after all this time!!! At least in clarksons case Johnno got him with a swinging round arm flush to his face from front on, and Jimmy Buckley chased him all over that pommie ground trying to lay him out which is what he deserved. Leigh Mathews liked to king hit from behind as well in his day, just ask Giles who played for the dees back then. Tough at the ball is courageous, but thuggery is just piss weak imo

AFL rules encourage thuggery as a valid game tactic - there is no in game penalty for acts of extreme violence. Players can punch other players in the head and whilst reported - get to play the game out - one team loses a valuable player and a rotation and the other team gets to play against a depleted side. - ABSOLUTE NONSENSE...Even stoopider is typically a retaliating player cops more of a punishment than the dog that makes the hit in the first place.

but AFL is full of stoopidities that other contact sports would never tolerate - instead Melbum AFL celebrates them.

Jumper punches
Deliberate out of bounds
In the back
Handballing
Tripping
Pushing in the back is allowed as long as hands arent involved
scraging
arm punching
pushing/shoving
not looking at ball but playing the man
tagging
etc etc etc

you get the game the rules allow for - simple as that.

The problem with these is... it's either sheil or walsh and it will not be both. Will be walsh or sheil and ohallaran/butters/Collier Dawkins possibly 2 of them which is why I don't mind trading pick 1 we can get a deal done for sheil with trading pick one and still have a highish pick but we won't get both walsh and sheil

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think could get both if we use our future first. Trade pick 1 and future 1st to GC for picks 2 and 3. Trade pick 3 to GWS for Shiel and their 1st - say pick 16. On trade pick 16 to Crows for McGovern. Use pick 2 on Walsh. We turn our 2 x 1st rounders into Shiel, Walsh and McGovern. Just need GC to play ball.

Walsh for me please. :cool:
wash-me-please.jpg

AFL rules encourage thuggery as a valid game tactic - there is no in game penalty for acts of extreme violence. Players can punch other players in the head and whilst reported - get to play the game out - one team loses a valuable player and a rotation and the other team gets to play against a depleted side. - ABSOLUTE NONSENSE...Even stoopider is typically a retaliating player cops more of a punishment than the dog that makes the hit in the first place.

but AFL is full of stoopidities that other contact sports would never tolerate - instead Melbum AFL celebrates them.

Jumper punches
Deliberate out of bounds
In the back
Handballing
Tripping
Pushing in the back is allowed as long as hands arent involved
scraging
arm punching
pushing/shoving
not looking at ball but playing the man
tagging
etc etc etc

you get the game the rules allow for - simple as that.

Handballing?

Handballing?
yeah the stoopid stooopid rule that says a player has to punch the ball to another player- other codes call it handballing ( versus foot balling ) - AFL calls it correct passing - umps dont worry about the rule except when they feel like it...

STOOPID STOOPID RULE.

I might have to re-think my view about us making a trade for Shiel if netting him in 2018 signals to Gaff that we're a suitor for his services.

Need to get the next years first involved in the Shiel deal if CFC want to move on him this year.

Get Gaff as FA. Swap next year’s first rounders with GWS for Sheil. Trade out pick one and second rounder (Crows) for Gov & the Crows picks if we can package them up for StKilda’s or WB’s top 4 pick. Use our (WB’s) second rounder or PP to get Ben Ainsworth from GC and draft Rankine with the first pick. Immediately boosts the maturity and quality of our midfield and takes the pressure of guys like Dow, SPS Fisher, and potentially swaps out the mess that is our forward line for something that could be very potent in years to come.

Team going forward could look something like

Weitering - Marchbank - Simpson
Williamson - Macreadie - Docherty
Gaff - Cripps - O’Brien
Murphy - Curnow - Rankine
Ainsworth - McKay - McGovern
Kreuzer - Sheil - Dow

Fisher - Kennedy - SPS - Byrne

Just thinking out loud.

I think could get both if we use our future first. Trade pick 1 and future 1st to GC for picks 2 and 3. Trade pick 3 to GWS for Shiel and their 1st - say pick 16. On trade pick 16 to Crows for McGovern. Use pick 2 on Walsh. We turn our 2 x 1st rounders into Shiel, Walsh and McGovern. Just need GC to play ball.

I think a future 1st to GWS with theirs coming back could be enough. You would think our future 1st will be a pick between 1-5. The GWS pick will be between 12-18.
In effect, they lose Shiel regardless but receive a pointy end pick next year instead of a pick in the teens.
We get the benefit of Shiel next season and stay in the 1st round of the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a hypothetical - would GWS swap Shiel, Scully and Setterfield for pick 1 and our Crows & Dogs 2nd round picks this year?

Just a hypothetical - would GWS swap Shiel, Scully and Setterfield for pick 1 and our Crows & Dogs 2nd round picks this year?

Greene as well or GTFO!

I think a future 1st to GWS with theirs coming back could be enough. You would think our future 1st will be a pick between 1-5. The GWS pick will be between 12-18.
In effect, they lose Shiel regardless but receive a pointy end pick next year instead of a pick in the teens.
We get the benefit of Shiel next season and stay in the 1st round of the draft.
Yep this works. It would be ideal if GWS have a poor year next year like the Crows have this year bringing their pick into the top 10

Based on speculation of Shiel + gaff perhaps the following would work...

1 -> adelaide for 7 + Melbourne’s 1st (13) + our 2nd (19)

Future 1st + Melbourne’s 1st (13) + blues 2nd (19) -> pick 2/gcs Lynch compo (2) + Essendon 2nd (approx 26) + gcs 3rd (approx 40)

Crows 1st (7) + crows 2nd (approx 25) -> Shiel + gws 3rd (52) + Essendon 3rd rounds (44)

Net pick 2, PP, dogs 2nd (23), gcs 3rd (40), Essendon 3rd (44), gws 3rd (52)

Then start looking to move up the draft

Essendon 3rd (44) + gws 3rd (52) -> Pies 2nd (Sydney) (28) + Hannebery (contract dump)

Dogs 2nd (23) + GCS 3rd (40) -> pies 1st (16) + Fasolo/Elliot (contract dumps)

Casboult + Picks pies 1st (16), PP, pies 2nd (28) + blues rd 5 (73) -> dogs 1st (5) + Freo rd 4 (60) + contract dump (Boyd? Lol) <- assumes Rhylee West bid is pick 16 or later thereby giving dogs 2x top 20picks + 670 odd points for f/a matching

The above is unnecessarily complicated but you the general idea is to sell what others need (crows pick 1) or cap/list space (Hannebery/Boyd) for a premium

Final -> shiel, Hannebery (contract dump), Fasolo/Elliot (contract dump) + Boyd (contract dump) + pick 2 (Walsh), dogs 1st pick (5) (smith)+ Freo 4th round (60 - 18yo) + 1x FA (gaff/Wallis/Dahlhaus/other)

8 players off list - graham (delist), Kerridge (delist), mullet (delist), O’Shea (delist), Casboult (trade), Rowe (delist - possible re-rookie), lamb (re-rookie), Lobbe (re-rookie - retain if no fa signing)

Note:blues will be missing future 1st round pick...

Preference not to trade a future 1st either but think it will be critical if we want to get Shiel (or similar) via trade and to retain a top 5 pick for Walsh.

1 -> 7 + 13 +19 -> essentially pick 19 premium for Lukosius

Future 1st + 13 +19 -> pick 2 + 26 +40 -> essentially pick 3 value for the future 1st in points but but better for gcs list management wise (an extra early future 1st, an extra top 20 pick)

7+25 for Shiel (or similar from gws) + 2 picks in mid 40s and early 50s essentially values shiel around pick 5.

With less injuries, Walsh, shiel, return of Docherty etc I’d expect us to move up ladder substantially next year (fringes of top 8). Downside risk is low as I certainly don’t expect us in bottom 2-3 next year

If there is any question that it’s about relieving GWS salary cap pressure - then GWS have to take unders not overs.

This is not a Bryce Gibbs type situation.

It also depends what other clubs are willing to offer GWS for Sheil and if he is willing to go there. Could Saints offer pick 5? I’m sure Essendon would be very keen. I just don’t see it to be as black and white as others are making out.

Shield would provide excellent protection for our young midfield ;)
And you'd have to think, considering our 'home ground', if we they couldn't get it done, we could probably call on the Avengers...

Word is that when the Hulk is unavailable, the Avengers call on Patrick Cripps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back