Bluemour Discussion Thread IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So what is the truth about Hannebury? Is he rooted by his OP/groin issue...never to play top level footy again? Or is he injured and playing injured- hence his performance fall.
Surely if he cant recover from his current injuries we dont want him at any price . But if his injuries are recoverable then he would be a great mentor to some young midfielders
I'm sure the club will do their due diligence. I feel like he just needs some time off footy to get his body right and freshen up.

I wonder did you actually see Balme during his playing career, because I did and he was always a thug mongrel.........ask Southby what he thinks of the dog!!!
I'm not quite old enough to have seen him live, but I know all about his history.

Re: Shiel

These things some times take on their own life, and perhaps the way i expressed the blumour was slightly ambiguous. Let me be clear:

Source is as good as gold. But plenty of water to go under the bridge. Trade rumours are by ther very nature speculative and rely on a number of variables to align.

1. GWS are agreeable to moving on Shiel this year rather than next.
2. GWS have salary cap issues.
3. Carlton will not overpay for Shiel this year for a number of reasons.
4. Shiel is consciously open to the idea, if not desirous of playing for CFC during his career.
5. GWS know about the above.
6. If GWS know that Shiel wants to return to Vic next year - then dealing him now as a contracted player will maximise the return on him, AND will relieve salary cap pressure as well - killing two birds with one stone - hence very appealing.
7. Carlton hold the whip hand.
8. Pick one is off the table unless a top ten comes back - in the case of any deal for Shiel that involves pick one. Anyone worth their salt in the game would know this of SOS.
9. Carlton hold the whip hand.
10. The priority pick is way unders for Shiel and unlikely to do the deal in any circumstances. GWS's response to that offer is obvious.
11. BUT Carlton hold the whip hand.
12. GWS can easily save face by saying Shiel indicated he wished to leave so we traded while we could get a good return, notwithstanding possible compensation next year.
13. We don't even have the priority pick yet.
14. Any priority pick may well play a role in any deal with Shiel should that occur. Ie priority pick plus.
16. Shiel to cfc is in play.

The reason Shiel makes sense now rather than next year is a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, AND Shiel will fast track our development (players like Dow and Polson will blossom next to another A grader eg, and it will also fast track our list rebuild and our ability to attract players this year and next (eg - If Shiel nominates us early in the trade period - it might spur other nominations - similarly to what happened with EFC last year).

I can see value in the conservative view of retaining pick one and waiting a year for Shiel. However, there may be a middle ground. And taking some sort of calculated risk may be a necessary part of a good Hawks style rebuild.

This is not a done deal, and you can't take it to the bank. Alot to still play out.

Chronically. Think 1AW.

Ok now you are just making shit up. Walker had a degenerative knee and was constantly injured throughout his career.

DH was the fastest swan to ever play 200 games and is currently out with a torn calf. The two cases couldn’t be any less alike.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This time last year we were getting Kelly and I was very excited.

Now I treat these rumours kinda like Nostradamus' (spelling?) predictions.

Yep. If you believe all the rumours on here, you are a nostra dumbass...

why visit madame tussaud's australian women's swimming gallery 1956-68 when you can have all the false dawns you like right here at princes park

Epic wordplay is epic.

Thy, you are a great turn of phraser!

Hannebery to Blues (details to be decided) as he has the shits with Horse for playing him injured.

Hannebery is sick of being played injured, wants to come to CARLTON?!? :eek:

Ahhh... good luck with that, Dan :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back