Bluemour Discussion Thread XIII - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
or whitfield :D

So much talent at GWS - it's insane. Reasonable run with injury and surely they win the flag next year. I didn't like them for a while bc I feared them taking over the comp for a few years and didn't like the inequality of it all ... But now that the Tigers and Dogs got a flag (thought they were most hard done by) and GWS have had a few cracks and fails, I've moved beyond that and bloody love watching them play. I have Kelly and Whitfield as the stand-outs with Ward, Coniglio and Greene just behind them. Still can't stand Greene, but aside from him they're a likeable team.

How about me

I posted yesterday morning that the Bombers were back in the hunt. I don’t think too many believed me. The key factor - I think - was GWS was pushing Shiel and Connors in their direction. That’s who they wanted to deal with once Shiel indicated he didn’t want to go to StKilda - they had the best “now” pick on the table. Hawthorn’s was too low and ours was 2019. I reckon from that point, Connors worked to convince Shiel that he could get him to Essendon with less fuss than either Carlton or Hawthorn. Essendon, for their part, had to up their $ offer which they did.

I reckon we could have become GWS “club of choice” - and perhaps, by extension, obtained Shiel, if we had put pick one on the table. I’m glad we didn’t and, in any case, he may have been reluctant to come to us given our ladder position

As for the quietness this morning, nobody knew anything. Shiel notified Carlton of his decision about 5 minutes before it was made public

Thanks EP, great insight as always much appreciated.

Really concerned with the lack of support for Cripps without a plan B big bodied mid, at least there would have been a choice of whom to tag Shiel or Cripps. Currently Cripps is the only mid worth tagging on our list and picking up a second tier mid won't change that.

Sadly the only immediate ready to deploy support I can see out there is Barlow even if only for a year (much better option than a Tyson etc).

I don't like this at all.

People are passing on information and it keeps it interesting. In this business you are never going to be 100% right and things change all the time. Believe them or not, it's up to the individual but don't criticise.

I like that these people come on and give info. Part of the fun. I hope they keep going :thumbsu:
Yeah, I agree with everything you say here, except that posters shouldn't cop it when they're clearly bullshitting

So much talent at GWS - it's insane. Reasonable run with injury and surely they win the flag next year. I didn't like them for a while bc I feared them taking over the comp for a few years and didn't like the inequality of it all ... But now that the Tigers and Dogs got a flag (thought they were most hard done by) and GWS have had a few cracks and fails, I've moved beyond that and bloody love watching them play. I have Kelly and Whitfield as the stand-outs with Ward, Coniglio and Greene just behind them. Still can't stand Greene, but aside from him they're a likeable team.
yeah without cameron and greene, they'd be my 2nd favourite team without a doubt the fact they havent won a flag is a real question on leon, i wonder what could of happened if clarkson had the keys to the 'Ferrari'

Congratulations guys! Shiel nominating Carlton is a huge step in the right direction and just goes to show how much of an influence SOS is come trade period! With the bigger body, I think you guys will be able to win a few more games this year for sure
We didn't land Shiel, but we've landed McGovern and Setterfield! Great to see that other clubs can see us taking a huge step in the right direction as you said. Cheers mate ;)

Please let this happen... Would be a huge mistake from the Dons but Dodoro is a tight ass so I can't see it happening.

It is ok to be pissed at the Shiel result. We needed mature midfielders more than any other role as a need and rwe missed. All around annoying.

In a glass half full SOS has done an incredible job in the time he has been here. There just has to be some doubt creeping in that we are amassing an awesome squad of injury prone crocs. Very harsh I know ‘but it has to be said’ that is the risk with our list right now.

Anyhoo...I’m off to break my leg so SoS will take a look at me for 2019.

Still pumped for 2019,

Merrett, Smith, Heppell & Shiel is pretty handy. Hurley and Daniher the bookends. Think people's Essendon hatred is clouding their judgment as to how close they are. The comp is so even that they could easily pinch a flag.
Just don’t agree. They continually wilt under pressure, particularly in finals.

In the finals you need a bull or two to win the hard stuff. Essendon still don’t have that. Instead they’ve got a midfield filled with blokes who want to get on the outside and run and carry.

Not going to rate them as a flag contender until they actually give a good reason to do so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see us wanting his type for the price he's asking for. BUT if Port come to us and say... 2019 First rounder and one of your 2018 2nds... do we do it?

Reckon 2019 1st would be enough.

until they are signed on the dotted line nothing is done.
I think we would have been forced to move Pick 1 which is too much so happy that isnt happening.

Im loking forward to Dodoro dragging this trade out for the next 3 weeks. Wont be like pulling teeth at all.

My "gut feel" is SOS held firm on Pick One and GWS have said to Shiel we can't get a deal done with Blues. Essendon upped their money to around our offer and was happy to deal 2 x first round picks so he picked them

I don't believe it had anything to do with he didn't want to come to us. If this is right I believe SOS has done the right thing

Pretty much spot on.

If the club I played for told me to “explore my options” elsewhere, ****ed if I would also let them choose who that would be. Would only move if that was the right option and deal for me.

Shiel has chosen to play for * for a reason that makes sense to him. Best of luck to him, except when he plays against us.

It doesn’t suddenly change who he is as a player and certainly doesn’t make * a better club than us.

Reckon 2019 1st would be enough.
Plenty of time for SOS to pull something like this out as well and get the feeling we have enough space for 2 big fish over the next 24 months.

In saying that, I'd be just as happy to nail down our current targets and go for a moneyball target like Tyson before heading to the draft.

Don’t know how people can have a go at our itk posters.

If sos himself had posted here over the last few weeks he would get things wrong as things change by the day and hour.

Btw take what conners says with a grain of salt. Will say whatever it takes to make Dillon and himself look the goods. Which is his job so no dramas there.

Be great if Shiel WAS the plan B.

As in SOS might have multiple pots on the fire - we may end up with a deal no one saw coming. The spotlight was on Shiel while the real action was happening elsewhere.

"The greatest trick the devil pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
You thinking SOS might pull a rabbit out of the hat. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back