Bluemour Discussion Thread XIII - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on the future fallout of trade period and our drafting, we can always address some midfield concerns by giving Doc stints in there. Doc, Cripps, Curnows, SPS, Fish, Kennedy/Walsh looks ok. Forward line isn't top heavy by only having MM and Harry, Fasolo plays small forward and Murphy spends more time down there.

There is some interest, but it's interest based on other clubs valuing him at close to 0.
I think we should just move him on even if it means accepting a pick that we don't even use at the draft. I would rather move him on and keep Lamb and Kerridge who at least offer depth in an area of the ground where we don't have much.

I don't see Cripps leaving in 2 years. As long as we stick to the process and improve. Our culture is surely far far better than when MM (Not McGov) entered the fray and we had a lot of players playing for a pay cheque, and not for their team mates and certainly not for a premiership.

Heaps of Melbourne players stayed there for a decade and only left when they knew they had 2-3 years left and the team was still a rabble. Jones stayed the course even with the horrible captaincy decision. Look at them now.
True, but to be fair, Jones is a pretty top shelf player

Because that's a legal opinion which he is entitled to. And if you don't like it you can just ignore him!

Huh?

He asked me how we’re going to get 2 picks in the top 20. I asked him why we need 2 picks in the top 20. He just answered why - so we can spend on fringe players.

Why would I ignore him in the middle of a conversation?

Depending on the future fallout of trade period and our drafting, we can always address some midfield concerns by giving Doc stints in there. Doc, Cripps, Curnows, SPS, Fish, Kennedy/Walsh looks ok. Forward line isn't top heavy by only having MM and Harry, Fasolo plays small forward and Murphy spends more time down there.

You've left out Kerridge and Graham.:shoutyoldman:

How good would that be!

Pinch Setters from Essendon.
They get the "no" on Martin from GC so go all-in and pilfer Shiel from us.
Then we go back to GC with a better offer and get the player Essendon initially wanted.

Dodo and SOS go all Packer-Gyngell.

how about 2019 First + Crows 3rd Rounder to GWS for Setterfield & their 2018 1st
GWS 1st to Gold Coast for Jack Martin...

something like that maybe?

Anyone else get the feeling SOS is not a big fan of 'Scoops' Mclure?

Gave those two boys absolutely nothing!

As he should.
You play your cards close to your chest in this business. In previous years we used to tell the world what we were doing and would get outsmarted. Not anymore.

I also love the slight SOS gave Shiel in the interview, the aim being to draft someone better in 2019 than Dylan Shiel. Too right. I said it last week, I got sick of Dylan Shiel very quickly, he IS massively overrated. He is an A- to B level player. He breaks lines, but often butchers the ball. If he was rated GWS would not have kicked him out, clearly he is behind Kelly, Coniglio and Whitfield in the pecking order. I hope GWS gets two firsts for him and Essendon eternally regret it.

I wish we still had Robbo
Would teach young kids how to go about being hard yet pretty fair. Cripps and robbo would set the standard
Monkey see monkey do

I think we should just move him on even if it means accepting a pick that we don't even use at the draft. I would rather move him on and keep Lamb and Kerridge who at least offer depth in an area of the ground where we don't have much.

That is poor list management, Levi adds depth to young KPF's and ruckmen. If we keep him, it won't jeopardize retaining Lamb and Kerridge. Others like Graham, Le Bois might be moved on instead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Martin would be a fantastic get despite being seen as lazy at times. Would love him in navy. Not surprised we’ve gone cold on Wingard though. Seems like it was Shiel or nothing in terms of big fish this year.

Just quietly, would like us to see if Scully would be interested. Don’t know if I believe SOS when he says not much else is on apart from Setters and Faz. See what happens.

Also well played to Fasolo if he did indeed do that and insist a one year deal and said he will prove himself worthy. Shows he’s entitled to nothing until it’s earned. I like that attitude.

Jack Martin would be a fantastic get despite being seen as lazy at times. Would love him in navy. Not surprised we’ve gone cold on Wingard though. Seems like it was Shiel or nothing in terms of big fish this year.

Just quietly, would like us to see if Scully would be interested. Don’t know if I believe SOS when he says not much else is on apart from Setters and Faz. See what happens.

Reckon there is zero chance of GWS trading Shiel and Scully in he same year. That would be insane.

Reading all of the 'we paid too much for McG'. If he comes in next year and kicks 30-40 and finishes in the top 10 in the best and fairest, I'm thinking many will change their tune and be looking at it as a great trade. I know all this is hypothetical, but about a million posts ago it was stated by an ITK poster that Bolts really rated him. We did I go hard for him in the Gibbs trade, and now we have him. I'm thinking SOS is quietly chuckling to himself ATM 'got him'.

how about 2019 First + Crows 3rd Rounder to GWS for Setterfield & their 2018 1st
GWS 1st to Gold Coast for Jack Martin...

something like that maybe?

I don’t think GCS will take that for Martin. But the deal is fair to the Giants and good for us. GCS are probably happy to stick with Martin unless our first rounder is on the table. Or if we get Martin to do what Wingard is doing right now ie upset the club and his teammates so much that they want him out

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Trade radio discussing GC should go after Walsh and offer us 2 and 3 for 1.. please happen

I am a HUGE Sam Walsh fan.
But I would take that, as most sensible folks would.

No way does that happen. AFL would block it, it is pure insanity. Sam Walsh could bolt from GC in a couple years.

Not realistic.

That is poor list management, Levi adds depth to young KPF's and ruckmen. If we keep him, it won't jeopardize retaining Lamb and Kerridge. Others like Graham, Le Bois might be moved on instead
I agree that Graham and LeBois should be moved on but that only leaves four senior list spots available (hoping Byrne stays on). We're at least bringing in McGovern, Fasolo, Setterfield and Walsh but will likely use pick 43 and 67 at the draft so will probably need to move on two more players still. I won't be upset if Levi stays, I would just rather keep any of Rowe, Kerridge or Lamb ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back