Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm of the opinion that all good clubs need depth and role players that can step in at any stage. A strong reserves is absolutely vital to the development of our young talent. That is where our A graders are. Tigers for example had Miles Townsend Eliis etc all running around in the 2's and at times played good footy in their seniors.

Just how I see it
Townsend come from money ball trade of pick 70. Miles came beyond national draft via rookie draft. If we want types like these to bolster VFL team it is not needing to throw future round one picks to get more depth. Pointy end round one picks should be for absolute class. Not role players mate.

I get we want more depth but no need to throw such high picks to find them. There is plenty to be found other ways.

We're trading SPS again. :straining:

Luckily I missed that talk when I skipped 7.2 million pages to catch up.

One thing I will say IF we do trade SPS, I just ask that we get a pick high enough and we choose well enough to get a player that is a super talented; can work inside and out, a strong tackler, makes good decisions, has great disposal and loves playing for this club.....you know, like SPS :straining:

How I rank the players traded/in line to be traded/requested a trade/FA at the moment

Lynch
Hogan
Shiel
May
Wingard
Neale
Hannebery
McGovern
Polec
Kelly
Setterfield
Daulhaus
Langdon
Lobb
Adams
Kolojashni
Lycett
Hall
Tyson
Finlayson
Scrimshaw
Rohan
Fasolo
Amon
Newman
Lloyd
Kent
McCarthy
Miles
Ellis
Pruess
Clarke
Stengle
Pittard
Hickey

However, as bias as it sounds, from all these players, I believe when we look back on their careers, I see the following ranking (top 10 only):

Hogan
Setterfield
Lynch
Kelly
McGovern
Shiel
Neale
Wingard
May
Langdon

Out of all the players listed above, the players that have the most untapped talent that we have no seen yet lies in Setterfield and McGovern.

Townsend come from money ball trade of pick 70. Miles came beyond national draft via rookie draft. If we want types like these to bolster VFL team it is not needing to throw future round one picks to get more depth. Pointy end round one picks should be for absolute class. Not role players mate.

I get we want more depth but no need to throw such high picks to find them. There is plenty to be found other ways.

Who's throwing high picks at them?

One thing I will say IF we do trade SPS, I just ask that we get a pick high enough and we choose well enough to get a player that is a super talented; can work inside and out, a strong tackler, makes good decisions, has great disposal and loves playing for this club.....you know, like SPS :straining:

And is as good as Simon Black

Soft effort, lift ferrisb.

Happy with what's happened so far.

Setterfield McGovern Fasolo will be very good additions.

Really hope we add a couple mature bodies and a couple of draft picks. Can't see us sitting back and watching just yet.

Yeah I'm hearing you...totally agree! Including Walsh with those three and our side looks a little better (and different) already.

I'm interested in Neuman as he's a pretty versatile player. Seen him roam the forward line and boot a few snags, run through the middle and play in defense. Clearly can run both ways...

But something tells me SOS is still brewing something - nothing major. but something...
And I'm curious as to what's happening salary cap wise considering we didn't end up throwing all that coin at Sheil. There's clearly plenty of room in the cap then...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just heard from a reliable source:

The dog, owned by the Shiel family, and formerly known as Juddy has run away from home.
I have the dog.
Currently getting him couselling.
He thanks you all for your good wishes.

I heard a rumour that the real reason he didn't come to Carlton was because his dad wasn't keen on the curried chicken they served up to him last week :)
Hmm. Is Jason Johnson still running the cafeteria? Spies and saboteurs are everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back