Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

There’s a bit of scuttlebutt around they want Walsh.
Then hold Pick 1 at all costs. No point trading 'down' to 2 or 3 with the Suns if we're set on Sam.

It'd have to be a ridiculously good offer for us to let go of it - and can imagine that if all clubs went to the draft tomorrow, there'd be several offers of picks straight away for the first pick. But Walsh is exactly what we need and too good to pass up so can't see it going anywhere at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I'd take pick 2 & 3 for Walsh

Maybe take Rankine and Smith
Yeah that's it - surely they would only do that if they dead set wanted Walsh and knew we would take him. Which means we give up Walsh for the next two picks, but geez you would still do that in a heartbeat surely. There are other excellent mids to take and of course you can look at Lukosius and Rankine as forwards too... It would be insane of GCS to do.

If we are interested in finlayson as well then perhaps the following?

1. GWS - Future 2nd + crows future 3rd -> setterfield +Finlayson + GWS future 2nd + GWS future 3rd/4th

2. Jones trade - as examples
Jones + 3rd (43) +4th rd (68) -> sydney -> 28 + 40 + 69 ie 718 points or pick 27 equiv
Jones + 3rd (43) +4th rd (68) -> Pies -> 18 + 51 + 56 i.e. 1001 points or pick 18 equiv (if they lose Langdon + miss out on may)
Jones + 4th rd (68) -> lions -> 32 + 44 i.e. 887 or pick 21 equiv
Jones + 3rd (43) +4th rd (68) -> GCS -> 24 + 29 + 79 i.e. 1001 points or pick 18 equiv (assuming they lose may and need replacement)

As others have said after the Lachie Weller trade last year you would seriously consider shutting GCS down, turning off the lights etc if they traded 2 & 3 for pick 1.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
i really dont blame them for what they did, a gun player ask for a trade to gcs, not many players do it so they took the opportunity and did it

Yeah that's it - surely they would only do that if they dead set wanted Walsh and knew we would take him. Which means we give up Walsh for the next two picks, but geez you would still do that in a heartbeat surely. There are other excellent mids to take and of course you can look at Lukosius and Rankine as forwards too... It would be insane of GCS to do.
Maybe they're thinking Walsh is not a flight risk. He is a Lions fan and stated he'd be happy to move up, maybe that goes for GC as well (not as a supporter, but happy to move). It's the same reason they paid overs for Weller. A player with minimal flight risk is worth a whole lot to them

i'd start to question sos if he didnt take the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back