Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we now have no list spots, out of Lamb, Kerridge, Graham or Rowe. who do people think will get a contract?

My preference is Lamb and Kerridge.

Kerridge > Graham for the midfield spot.
Rowe is pretty average and we have Weitering, Marchbank, Plowman, Jones & Macreadie who should be ahead of him and that's enough KPD's imo.

The whole SOS has done a great job narrative on here seems well unearned.

This was pretty much another wait and see trade period, which isn't bad, but really only means that the team is marginally better than where they were at the end of this season.

SOS doesn't get any credit for drafting Walsh, and to go in to the draft (as of now) with really only the one pick, doesn't really sit well. I'd want to see him move back in the draft, gain another B+/A asset, AND draft Walsh before I can take an immediate, positive spin outta the last couple of weeks.

This was pretty much another wait and see trade period, which isn't bad, but really only means that the team is marginally better than where they were at the end of this season.

SOS doesn't get any credit for drafting Walsh, and to go in to the draft (as of now) with really only the one pick, doesn't really sit well. I'd want to see him move back in the draft, gain another B+/A asset, AND draft Walsh before I can take an immediate, positive spin outta the last couple of weeks.

I dont come here for objectivity but yeah the SOS love in is a bit much

Kelly
Coniglio
Whitfield
Shiel

In all fairness though, Shiel is still a jet. I just don't believe in giving up so much for a player in the era of free agency. Unless, they are an out an out star (Kelly).
The problem with FA is that there has been bugger all top players actually go as FA's and it looks like it could become even less.
The best it looks like you might get now days are the mid range types like Lycett, Motlop and Rockliff

As we now have no list spots, out of Lamb, Kerridge, Graham or Rowe. who do people think will get a contract?
ummmm...none of the above

btw, just had a look on the CFC website, they do a GREAT job welcoming the new recruits....how the **** did we manage to get Setterfield, McLovin, Fas and Newman without giving up any of our first round picks??

Genius SOS!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am very happy with the trade period.

We managed to:
- Picked up a gun who I love that can become AA if he reaches his potential and will have immediate impact
- Picked up a potential top top player who our recruiter highly rate. Basically he is Pick 1 with 2 years maturity/should be ready to go
- Picked up a player that in the right environment and mindset could be our leading goal kicker
- Picked up a player who can play a role and improves our depth
- Retained all our players
- Retained Pick 1 and future 1st. Most likely Walsh is in
- Have massive Salary Cap space to go after top players again next year

So into our side come:
Docherty
Williamson
McGovern
Setterfield
Fasolo
Newman
Walsh

plus of course the development of all our kids

Beams turns 29 in Feb next year...pretty heft price to pay given his age and i'm not sure Collingwood really need him.

They already had such a good midfield, if i was them i'd use the trade assets for a tall forward and/or defender.

They do have a scary midfield now though...Beams, Treloar, Adams, Sidebottom, Pendles, JDG, Greenwood, Wells etc
Beams turns 29 in Feb next year...pretty heft price to pay given his age and i'm not sure Collingwood really need him.

They already had such a good midfield, if i was them i'd use the trade assets for a tall forward and/or defender.

They do have a scary midfield now though...Beams, Treloar, Adams, Sidebottom, Pendles, JDG, Greenwood, Wells etc

Beams A grade
Treloar A grade
Adams B grade good for at least one massive turn over over per game..see Yeo goal in GF
Sidebottom A grade
Pendlebury Was A grade not as reliable now
JDG more damaging ad a forward
Greenwood Spud
Wells 34 Lazy and always injured

Super good midfield but not unbeatable

The other thing SOS did very cleverly was get those pseudo priority picks out of sight and mind real quick....so they can never whine and say we got too much help when we win 17

I’m actually really interested to see who we want to pick up in the PSD. I bet neither of this blokes we used the priorities on were high up the list

No way GCS are giving 2 and 3 when their club has been gutted. And 6 won’t help Adelaide when Port have 5. StKilda in the box seat.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They might get who they want with 3 & 6, and be open to a trade. Pity 5 & 6 got flipped around in the earlier trades. 5 in front of Port’s pick would be way more valuable for live trading on draft night

Don't agree with the logic. sos could have traded pick one for Sheil. He didn't blink, so credit there. The logic also denies the growth in the young players sos has bought in over the last few drafts. I think sos has recruited wisely this draft, not panicked and sold the farm There is a long term plan in recruiting here, and I am happy to go along on this ride. I can see the logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back