Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do agree that some are throwing away our first rounders in 2018 and 2019 very recklessly in some of these scenarios though.

Those are the same people that will be here in October 2019 posting WTF happened to all our picks? Why did SOS trade them out for [insert player here] last year, he needs to go!

100%

Absolutely fearless move

All or nothing

You'd need to hit on every pick, if we don't and Walsh becomes a star we loose badley.

Bringing in more kids would also lock us into a bottom 4 finish next year, with no draft pick...

I believe we have enough potential stars on every line so pick one should be on table if you turn it into multiple picks and secure another ready made player
Smith could end up as good as Walsh anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So why we looking at trading pick 1? Walsh sliding? We want king brothers? Doesn't make sense. Unless Adelaide have 1 and we have 2 for Walsh.. I can see GCS plucking Walsh if they have 1

Those are the same people that will be here in October 2019 posting WTF happened to all our picks? Why did SOS trade them out for [insert player here] last year, he needs to go!

After seeing what happens when picks #26 and #28 are traded, this board will need to be shut down if the same happens with a top 10 pick.

So why we looking at trading pick 1? Walsh sliding? We want king brothers? Doesn't make sense. Unless Adelaide have 1 and we have 2 for Walsh.. I can see GCS plucking Walsh if they have 1

BigFooty speculation.
There is no genuine indication that Carlton is wanting to deal.
SOS hasn't ruled it out since sometimes other clubs can do stupid things. SOS is open to a Godfather offer, but it is unlikely to come.

75% chance Sam Walsh will be a Blue.

If there is a possibility to trade down to #2 or #3 and get something on top (pick/player) while still getting our main target, wouldn't you do it?

I do agree that some are throwing away our first rounders in 2018 and 2019 very recklessly in some of these scenarios though.

Im not including next years first in that scenario. People seem helbent on getting rid of it.

Can I pose a question as I haven't seen any of the draft prospects. Is Walsh a man child, that has used all his potential. In other words is their room for improvement? I saw a pic of him and he looked fully developed, hence against underdeveloped kids he would dominate.

Just posing a question, forgive me if I'm off the mark.

So why we looking at trading pick 1?
Don't think we are. But if Gold Coast come at us with some crazy offer, too good to refuse we are going to at least look at it. We are looking to take Walsh at pick one. If Gold Coast want him and our future first rounder if they give us pick 2 and 3 plus more genuine value worth a lot to us it might just be the deal we were not expecting but too good to refuse. I doubt the offer will get that good but never say never. This is a fluid situation where things can change quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I pose a question as I haven't seen any of the draft prospects. Is Walsh a man child, that has used all his potential. In other words is their room for improvement? I saw a pic of him and he looked fully developed, hence against underdeveloped kids he would dominate.

no kid at that age is fully developed.

I know this is controversial and may get me banned but - can we please just sort out the Setterfield trade. Please. That’s what I’m excited about. All this other trade pick 1 posturing is fascinating and would make a great novel (or short story) but how about we sort out Setters first.

I say this as if anyone here has any influence on anything that goes on with SOS and co. Although it would be hilarious if SOS was sitting in his office, putting the final touches on the Setters deal, and a minion came running in saying, “SOS my Lord and provider have you read the BF Carlton board recently. The glorious, dazzling ideas they have for pick 1. We must act!!!!”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not a man child, needs to bulk up, which he will.

Still has great development in him

It’s not a bad deal re: GCFC (may need to have some mayo on for us I.e. Martin but that’s prob too much), especially if they get a high pick for May ***just changed with the Port & Freo pick swaps

2&3 should be able to clean out all Adelaide’s top 4 picks..

Last edited:
How many times has pick 1 been traded before in draft history?
And what was the outcome of that deal??

You don't trade pick 1 simples

Based on what ive seen he cant be described as man child - if anything seems very light and IMO less physically developed than Smith.

Gold Coast is rebuilding and in so will give up two young guns for one? Not buying it... and if true then Walsh must be soooo damn good that we’d be just as crazy being involved in a trade for 1

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How is 2 and 3 for 1 and a future first trading two guns for one?

All they do is delay Pick 3 to something around the same mark next year, to move Pick 2 up a spot and get their preferred player.

Depending on their assessment of other players' flight risks, it could be worth their while.

I'd be open to it, but I'd want something spectacular lined up.

Pick 1 and future first for Picks 2 and 3.
Picks 2, 3 and Cuningham for Crouch, Crouch and 15.
15 for Setterfield.

Pick 1, future first, Cuningham
for
Crouch, Crouch, Setterfield

That's the midfield done. No need for a small forward any more, we've got plenty of crafty mids to rotate through. And the backline just needs a bit of continuity.

Plowman, Jones, Marchbank
Williamson, Weitering, Docherty
O'Brien, Crouch, Dow
Kreuzer, Cripps, Crouch
Fisher, Curnow, SPS
Fasolo, McKay, McGovern
I/C: Setterfield, Murphy, Simpson, Kennedy

Defensive depth: Rowe, Macreadie, Schumacher, Garlett, McDaid
Mid depth: Curnow, Kerridge, Polson, Lang, Pickett
Ruck depth: Lobbe, TDK, Phillips?
Forward depth: Casboult, Kerr, Lebois, BSOS?
Utility depth: Thomas, Lamb, Silvagni

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back