Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean Smith?

I see Smith as an already-solid midfielder. Walsh is a lightly-built runner. Would be close to 10kg between them.

So to answer your question, Walsh is far from a man-child that will lose some out-performance once playing against men.

Thanks Ferris.

The trolls just had to push EP away in our time of most need.... **** I hate trolls...

To EP and Barass...

4ae530944086db818f273010a15cd860.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Trade period going as per usual so far - F5 keys getting absolutely hammered, the Bluemour Discussion thread going at a million miles an hour, emotional rollercoasters and people managing to upset ericpascoe.

Just waiting for Adelaide to pay a premium to grab Brisbane’s pick 5 to trump Ports paying a premium for pick 6 and then draft night:

Carlton- Walsh
GC - Lukosius
GC - Rankine
Saints - Rozee

The melts would be epic!!

Is do an insane too good to refuse offer for both picks as long as it brings in someone who is 22 - 28 and plays starting midfield

Anyone fit the bill ? anyone ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Admitedly the manouvering mightn't be over with yet, but with the SA clubs targeting Picks 5 and 6, does this mean that GC are going the Sandringham boys instead of the SA boys?
Then that would light a fire under St Kilda's collective arses.

Port are allegedly all over Rankine.

Hypothetically, who says no to the following;

Port Adelaide trade picks 6 + 7 (from Bulldogs) for pick 2

Gold Coast trade picks 2 + 3 + Scrimshaw for pick 1 + Carlton's 2019 1st

Carlton trade pick 1 + 2019 1st for picks 3, 6, 7 + Scrimshaw

--

Other Trades

Gold Coast
trade Steven May to Melbourne for picks 5 (Brisbane) + 11 (Fremantle)

Adelaide trade picks 8 + 13 + 16 to St. Kilda for pick 4

St. Kilda trade pick 16 to Sydney for Hannebury

Sydney trade pick 16 (1067 points) + future pick (3rd?) to Gold Coast for picks 24 + 29 (1438 points)

Essendon trade pick 9 + future first to GWS for Dylan Shiel + future second
Port chasing Rankine makes complete sense, but I'd still love to cut them out of that GC trade.

That May trade is insane... no chance of happening. Likewise the Hannebery trade.

The Sydney and GC trade means Sydney will have to have 3 or 4 list spots open for drafting Blakey, so I'm not sure that's wise.

What about 2018 pick 1 and 2019 1st (1-5) for GCs 2018 pick 2 and 3.

We then trade Pick 3 to Adelaide for 8 and 13
and Pick 2 to Port Adelaide for 6 and 10.

Pick 13 then on-traded to GWS for Setterfield and a future second coming back our way.

We can even start a bidding war between Power and the Crows so they can fight over who want the first pick out of Lukosius and Rankine.

1: GC - Walsh
2: Port - Rankine
3: Adel - Lukosius
4: Saints - King
5: Bris - Smith
6: Carl - Rozzee
7: Dogs - King
8: Carl - Hately
9: Ess (GWS eventually for Shiel) - Caldwell
10: Carl - Duursma
11: Fremantle (GWS eventually for Lobb) - Stocker
12: Geel - McHenry
13: GWS - Sturt

Obviously the GC deal needs to go ahead. But they get what they want (Walsh) and they get to go again in 2019 with our first (likely to be high again). They could likely have pick 1 and 2 next year. They wont want to have too many kids in their side for this draft so maybe spreading across the two and getting walsh is what they need. We however get 4 first picks (1 traded for Setterfield) and we get to spread the load and top up on even more kids. While we are struggling for wins we may as well get as many as we can to compete for spots and move up the ladder like GWS did while trading out extras (they'll come after our kids when they arent getting games) and we can keep topping up in the first round like GWS have done over the last 4-5 years.
That's just pissing away a hot hand.

Went over to the Crowies Board to see how they're going with all this pick swapping stuff.....only to find the Gov thread still at the top of their Board.

"Letting go" is not an Adelaide thing.
should stick a youtube clip of that song 'let it go' from that Disney movie on the thread ;)

Leadership and his own ambition to be the first pick aside (and how much of that is attributed to wanting to avoid heading to GC) I can’t see why Walsh is a consensus number one.

Smith is a better kick and quicker, Luko and Rankine have more talent and aren’t as highly prioritised due to being from SA (and getting McGovern probably shuts the door on us going for Luko) and there are a few others around the mark - I’m a big fan of Rozee, although he’s not on the same level as the previous 3.

I get the Cotchin comparisons, and I understand we’re not in a position to take undue risks, but there are still a few concerns with Walsh: namely his disposal. The more I see of him, the more obvious it is how much time he needs to spend working on his kicking and weighting his handballs. He seems to hit the ground far more often by hand for a player touted as a potential number 1.

Not sure how if this is because of the pace he’s working at - I do love how quickly he thinks even if it’s sometimes to his detriment - but he’ll need to iron it out. Those are the kind of mistakes Kerridge makes ie adding a couple of seconds to a link up play, which gives the opposition a chance to slow it down.

Can’t doubt his follow up work when he does make a mistake though. Does a power of work to neutralise the contest.

Take pick one to the draft. Take next year's first pick to the draft. Get Walsh & Rowell next year. Midfield set for a decade.

I hope SOS wakes up every morning with that scenario at front of mind.

He can then sit back and work on whatever else he needs to get done outside of those two. If someone comes hard for either we can assess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back