Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable trade for StKilda......5 year retirement fund$ I would say. Hope the Aints did their due diligence......nah who cares.:p

Peter McConville, Alex Marcou, Wow Jones and Kenny Sheldon went their into retirement phase also. Used to be regular direction in mid to late 80's for own boys well past their peak.
St.Kilda returning to default Aints mould. Nice!

Dunno but I'm starting to think it has real currency as hawks will probably need it now.
I’m very worried about giving up 2019 first.

Let’s be realistic, we won 2 games, yes McGovern coming in will help, organic growth & Doc back.

However realistically I don’t think the big jump will come next year, we could possible move above GC, St Kilda & Freo. That gives us pick 4.

I think as supporters we are undervaluing next years first just because it’s next year, it’s going to be pick 1-6. So for me, if it’s to go it needs to be someone in the Shiel category or higher, don’t see anyone in that group available

Thing I don’t get is the 2 first rounders in 4 year rule

That would mean for Hawks
2019 - no first round
2018 - no first round
2017 - no first round
2016 - no first round
2015 - 2 first round

So in 2019 over a 4 year rolling rule, they would have used no first round picks.

I think it’s a silly rule, but it’s there and it amazes me not one journalist has mentioned anything on it or ask for clarification

It’s annoying me enough that I’m seriously considering calling trade radio

The rule is you have to have to use 2 first rounders in a four year period in order to trade next years first rounder, not that you need to use 2 firsts every four years. This means that hawks can trade 2019 but not one after that for a while unless they trade an additional 2020 first round pick in

Guys think burgoyne when talking about setterfield. AR has had him right for a very long time and silk had 2 knee recos.
Could be anything setters.

Many had him as the number 1 of his draft (2016 from memory).

He is a classy smooth mover, he looks a little like Bont when playing.

If we get a healthy Setterfield and draft Sam Walsh we will have killed this year. We are talking potential A graders, both quite likely to be far better than Shiel over the journey.

Other teams will fear our midfield if we develop them well and get them on the park.

We are aiming to win premierships, not just to make up the numbers.

The thing I don’t get is, all players contracts are approved by the AFL.

GWS has basically signed some big contracts with the knowledge come 2019 they couldn’t afford them all.

In all seriousness they shouldn’t be allowed to do that, salary cap rules need to be looked at, the AFL is only concerned about what you pay, maybe it’s time for them to look at what you are projected to pay based on current contracts 2-3 years down the line
They did nothing wrong except counting on winning 1 or 2 flags before 2019. their plan was to keep all of their talent there, get the flags, establish themselves and then offload premiership players for high picks and start over.

This didn't happen and now they are stuck with high end rear loaded contracts and need to offload. The AFL would have expected (and were desperate) for them to win the flag by now as well.

Hi. Thought I’d just pop back in to calm the farm. Reliably informed that Setterfield will get done and won’t involve our future first

Thanks mate. BTW I think you should be given mod privileges so you can thread ban anyone that carries on about your mail.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With ep's mail, looks like hawks won't be able to use our 2019 first rounder for their Scully or wingers deals.

I'd love to get involved in a 4 way deal with Port, Hawthorn and GWS whereby we manipulate our 2019 first into Setterfield, Burton and Scully.

I doubt it. I think it might be a future second and a third for Setterfield. He’s a really good player with an injury cloud. Without the injury he’d be a first round pick, no question. SOS would have taken him with pick one in 2016.

Get Setterfield fit and watch out. Absolute Gun

Gut feel is Finlayson may be part of package

Can't wait to see Setterfield running out in the navy blue. Gosh this young midfield is really coming together. Sustained success on the horizon. Although many disagree, I think Hawthorn are going to fall off a cliff. Eventually this will catch up with them. Sydney on the other hand have continually brought in high quality youth.. .Heeney, Mills, Florent, Hayward and now Blakey to supplement their trading. This I think is the key. A blend. Hawthorns premierships were built from the foundation of drafting... Now they are going hard for experience without that youth coming through. They are two - three retirements and a bad injury run from being a bottom 6 club. Everything has to go right for them

Message to all posters don’t p... off EP anymore,extremely reliable source with great info dosent deserve anything more than praise.Thanks EP.

This is really unnecessary. No poster pisses me off. Big Footy sometimes just gets a bit feral and taking a break from it is important for everybody’s sanity IMO. All good

We should gather up all the spare cash in the cap we have and just pay Kade heaps for one year. Like Eleventy Billion Dollars. Then tell everyone this is what you get for being a loyal MOFO.

Just soooo Gina :thumbsu:

Thing I don’t get is the 2 first rounders in 4 year rule

That would mean for Hawks
2019 - no first round
2018 - no first round
2017 - no first round
2016 - no first round
2015 - 2 first round

So in 2019 over a 4 year rolling rule, they would have used no first round picks.

I think it’s a silly rule, but it’s there and it amazes me not one journalist has mentioned anything on it or ask for clarification

It’s annoying me enough that I’m seriously considering calling trade radio
If this rule was implemented properly, hawks should only be able to trade 2019 first - but in doing so, would have to lock in 2018 and 2020 firsts in the draft

They should not be able to trade 2018 first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back