Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wingard to Hawthorn formally on. If Burton is available, I would really like us to get involved somehow. 2019 first for Burton and 15 and change?

Don't think that would be far away. I rate Burton (and believe he could become a big bodied mid & 22 next season) and 15 will get a very good player like a Caldwell or McHenry. Another pick around 30-40 would do it for me

No, not at all.
If Macreadie has a good run with injury, then he will pay us back in spades.
If McGovern, Curnow, Harry or Casboult have an injury, then Kerr will be coverage.
If Williamson is able to get back to his best after his medical diagnosis, then he is Simmo's replacement.

Do you see the problem word though?

All I am saying is that if we help out Hawthorn in these cases, then that edges them closer to more finals success but it also widens the gap between us and top 8 teams.

If we help out Hawthorn in some way, it should be for no less than a Jack Martin/Brodie/Scrimshaw coming our way in return.

It doesn't widen the the gap at all ! The Hawks, like North are trading for the now (Yo Yo effect), no guarantees of the ultimate success and are again, paper thin in youth.

Again if we benefit again, that is all that matters.

I would trade next years first to GWS for Setterfield and GWS Pick 15 this year. Maybe a later pick swap in our favour to sweeten the deal.

We take Curtsi Taylor at 14 and get a year development out of him, Setterfield and Curtis Taylor as a 2 for 1 on next years pick.

If we went that path I think we'd want more back.

Toss in GWS's future first rounder (or Essendon's if they get it in the Shiel-deal).

Future first
for
Setterfield, 14, future first (Essendon > GWS)

Even then I'm not sure it's juicy enough for us. Two late firsts and Setterfield for a possible top 3 pick? Nah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would trade next years first to GWS for Setterfield and GWS Pick 15 this year. Maybe a later pick swap in our favour to sweeten the deal.

We take Curtsi Taylor at 14 and get a year development out of him, Setterfield and Curtis Taylor as a 2 for 1 on next years pick.

i dont see why you would do that. future second for setterfield is more than enough

Assuming we get Setters with future picks (our second, Adelaide's third?), 4-5 draft picks is gonna be taking us veeeeery late into the draft. So much so, that it probably becomes necessary to draft some mature agers.

Pick 1 - Walsh
Pick 43 - Stack/Mosquito/Butters?
Pick 68 - Gibbons?
Pick 78 - Bolton?
Rookie - BSOS?
Rookie - Hickmott?

That lot, plus Setters, Gov and Fas gives us 9 changes, allowing us to delist a further two (Graham, Kerridge or Phillips?).

No guarantees on the father/son boys, but I suspect we'll take at least one of them for the publicity.

Are Gibbons/Bolton going to be an upgrade on Graham and/or Kerridge?

Be good to get BSOS as a rookie. Don't think Hickmott will get picked?

Names like Grigg Gibbons Bolton etc would be great as rookies. I hope SOS can pick some more Gold like Willo with our late picks.

Generally takes almost 24 months to recover from an ACL. I think we need to keep our expectations in check for the skipper.

I have tempered my expectations for Doc in 2019.

Only penciled him in as AA VC instead of Captain.... :)

Don't think that would be far away. I rate Burton (and believe he could become a big bodied mid & 22 next season) and 15 will get a very good player like a Caldwell or McHenry. Another pick around 30-40 would do it for me
How would you then get Setters?

Tom Scully medical at Hawks..... Interesting.

His ankle is ******, I am tipping...

Hawthorn ITK poster a few days ago suggested Scully's medical wasn't very good. Think he could go cheaply.

Do not touch. A power running player that snapped his ankle badly. How he going to run rest of his career in elite manner he did before is the question for him or anyone. You carry a lot of weight on your ankles and feet. If you cannot be the outside gut runner you used to be, you no longer elite. If GWS are trying to offload him in anyway it spells buyer beware in neon lights for anyone even considering it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back