Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree I'd drat have 2 goes at snaring a gun , Sam Walsh will be a good
footballer, great endurance, leadership qualiteis . He's very conservative, predictable outcome.
IMHO, Walsh reminds me of Micthell, Hawks, a great accumulator can kick a goal a true a ruck rover.
Our team truly needs a spark though , an exceptional talent and we all know whom has that in spades, Lukosius and Rankine and Rozee goes ok too. Two hits are better than at finding a champ.

That Paddy Dow goal against Gold Coast was pretty good.

Would love to know the full reasoning for why we decided to skip over Scrimshaw coming in on a dime. It seems the Hawks are going to improve their 22 almost as much as we will, for about half the price.

Any egotism on the part of the kid not knocked right out of him over the last 18 months would have just been obliterated when he saw how little clubs wanted to part with to get him.
I was initially keen on Scrimshaw too, but there are just too many negatives
1. Has a reputation for being a tosser
2. Lacks commitment and professionalism
3. Hasn't shown anything on the field since he was drafted
4. Doesn't really have a position (Maybe HBF, considers himself a Mid)

SOS, doesn't compromise on character. Clarkson thinks of himself as the w***er whisperer. Takes one to know one I guess.

The two picks we traded got Adelaide pick 13 plus Mcadam. Equates to roughly pick 10.

What we paid and got back means we paid #17 and McAdam. Don't forget that 3rd rounder we got back.

Cal Twomey's progressed from earnest hard-worker to self-assured blowhard faster then I thought

I don't want to seem to be too rude.

But Cal spends too much time defending his prior positions, and not enough time considering:

a) his errors or misjudgements
b) the changing nature of things
c) Alternative interpretations

Rubs me the wrong way

I see this years draft being similar to last year in that it is very even at least in the top 10. Difference is there are more talls this year and they are harder to assess. We also have some F/S, Academy players that are highly rated.

Last year the Top 10 was Rayner, Brayshaw, Cerra, Dow, LDU, Stephenson, Clark, Coffield, Naughton & O'Brien. Even after only a year all look good and the clubs would be happy with their picks.

Would Brisbane if they had their time again (and the option) take Stephenson & Naughton over Rayner?
That's the thing with pick 1... you generally take the "sure" thing that'll play 200+ very good games and not the most talented.... eg: Gibbs - Selwood was seen as the best but a risk because of his knees. Hodge - Judd again shoulder issues dropped him down. Weitering - Curnow will win this hands down at present. Murphy - Pendlebury is the winner here again as no one knew if his basketball background would translate to AFL... Deledio - Franklin touted as best prospect taken at 5.

This year Walsh is the sure thing as an all rounder with a great engine... Luko and the Kings might in 10 years time be overall the best but from day dot Walsh will be consistently a good player.

Walsh may be the best player of the draft right now.... but im preety sure i would rather a reiwoldt clone than a gibbs clone... as good as gibbs was for us. Even jacks a game changer at the tigers and is no where near as good as saint nick
Chance that Walsh is as good or better than Gibbs = 75%
Chance that Lukosius is as good or better than Riewoldt = 5%

Which of these will most likely end up being the trade steal of the 2018 off-season?

• Tyson Stengle to Adelaide
  • George Horlin-Smith to Gold Coast
  • Jack Scrimshaw to Hawthorn
  • Dean Kent to St Kilda
  • Gary Rohan to Geelong
  • Jared Polec/Jasper Pittard to North Melbourne
  • Sam Lloyd to the Western Bulldogs
  • Will Setterfield to Carlton

:think:

That's the thing with pick 1... you generally take the "sure" thing that'll play 200+ very good games and not the most talented.... eg: Gibbs - Selwood was seen as the best but a risk because of his knees. Hodge - Judd again shoulder issues dropped him down. Weitering - Curnow will win this hands down at present. Murphy - Pendlebury is the winner here again as no one knew if his basketball background would translate to AFL... Deledio - Franklin touted as best prospect taken at 5.

This year Walsh is the sure thing as an all rounder with a great engine... Luko and the Kings might in 10 years time be overall the best but from day dot Walsh will be consistently a good player.

I think we are getting away from original discussion which was would be trade Pick One or next years first for multiple options. No one really doubts Walsh's talent but he isn't the only one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walsh may be the best player of the draft right now.... but im preety sure i would rather a reiwoldt clone than a gibbs clone... as good as gibbs was for us. Even jacks a game changer at the tigers and is no where near as good as saint nick

What about a Selwood/Kelly clone?

I can’t be 100%. But the bloke sitting across from me in the Virgin lounge in Adelaide looks awfully like our man Sos.

Right...it's really quite simple. I'll break it down for you:

1) stand behind him and hold your phone up to your ear
2) loudly say "Stephen, how are you mate?"
3) if he turns around you've got your man, and you just pretend to be on your phone, and cooly look at him and laugh cos of the mix up
4) then just say "oh yeah no worries, I'll call you back after my flight" into your phone
5) talk to SOS you've broken the ice

Do it. We await your bluemours!

I'd be happy if we held onto pick 1 for Walsh, but hopefully we can also pick up a Newman and/or Menzel through DFA or the PSD.

Wouldn't mind making a play for Jacob Townsend either as a bargain although I think St Kilda are sniffing around him

Not sure Menzel is what we need and at 28 next year and with knee issues not worth it. Apparently Geelong have told him he won't be at the club next year. Newman & Townsend are options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back