Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shiel will be at the Bombers not Carlton next season.
Pick 9 & future 2nd rounder will do the job. Dododo is trying to make the 2nd rounder a 3rd rounder.
Am now convinced that choosing " had nothing to do with them being easier to do a deal with, but rather that it was simply where "hiel wants to be.

I love the list that we have/are building. Walsh for me but id love smith also. I hope we hold onto next years 1st unless it gets us into the top 5 this year. Even then id still want to take a kid over trading it for players.

Rozee/Smith/Rankine along with Walsh to add to our list would be a dream

Agreed.

All I will say, if our pick next year is projected to be in the 3-5 range, I would trade it for any pick in the top 8 this year

I hope all of the big mooted trades fall apart. And it causes unrest like the failed Bradshaw/Rischitelli play for Fev.

And that all that unrest festers next year at multiple clubs and we pounce and get some discounts on disgruntled A-grade talent next trade period :)
Yep. Pick 1 and next years brownlow medalist for Casboult. Oh wait...thats Cripps with the medal

The issue i see is we traded for Mcgovern what Shiel will be traded for to Essendon. In my opinion we payed overs. Not the player we required at this stage of our rebuild for the cost.
We paid pick 26 and 28. Shiel is going to cost a top 10 pick and a future second.

That was my extra mayo. You know Sam Walsh is more than just a safe pick.

Repeating, an AFL recruiting manager said this of Sam Walsh:

Apart from being a great footballer, he would set standards that others will need to follow. Leadership wins premierships, look at Hodge and Mitchell at the Hawks and Selwood at the Cats.

Everyone knows Walsh is a real talent. No doubt. Not sure the recruiter example helps though. They get heaps wrong. I hear the same thing every year about No.1 and again it is rarely the best player. Walsh isn't the only one with the qualities list above.

My opinion is always is he better than Lukosius, King x 2, Rankine, Rozee, Smith, Hatley, Stocker, Caldwell etc? and we had the chance to swap for 2 top 10's or even a Top 10, a mature player and 2 more good picks I know what i would do.

Not aimed at you SBG, but just a quick thought on this.

That's bargain basement for Hawks, even taking into account clouds over Scrimshaw's attitude etc. Personally, I'd gladly take the punt on him at that (almost no) cost.

The temptation is of course to say 'why didn't we get him for a similar deal?.... That's it's a fail by Carlton not to land Scrimshaw.

BUT as well as the 'you can't win them all' argument that I often bring up, often the player in question is simply not interested in playing for Carlton and/or Carlton is not interested in the player.

Just something to think about before we bemoan missing out on Scrimshaw, or Hall or Tyson or whomever else.

The other thing that people seem to overlook in these sort of deals is that the team who he's spent the last 2 seasons with, who would know him much better than anyone else in the AFL community, who don't need to trade him because he's contracted, were okay with giving him away for a packet of chips.

It doesn't mean he definitely won't succeed somewhere else, but it speaks volumes for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After wasting a pick on KJ in 2014 I am happy to steer clear of skilled player with a lack of intensity/commitment

Agreed.

Gold Coast.....GOLD COAST pushed Scrimshaw out the door for a bag of chips.
Meanwhile Scully's ankle could be cooked.

Anyone who thinks the Dawks are genuine challengers needs to look again, Dad's Army are all one year older again.

Clarko is going to leave behind a train-wreck. It reminds me of us circa 1998-2001.

Walsh may be the best player of the draft right now.... but im preety sure i would rather a reiwoldt clone than a gibbs clone... as good as gibbs was for us. Even jacks a game changer at the tigers and is no where near as good as saint nick

Walsh may be the best player of the draft right now.... but im preety sure i would rather a reiwoldt clone than a gibbs clone... as good as gibbs was for us. Even jacks a game changer at the tigers and is no where near as good as saint nick

Two words... CHARLIE CURNOW.

Agreed.

All I will say, if our pick next year is projected to be in the 3-5 range, I would trade it for any pick in the top 8 this year
Its too hard to get a proper read on it though. I still expect us bottom 4 then to catapult up in 2020. Thats why id prefer to keep next years unless we get a top 5 pick this year for it. I feel it will be valuable come this time next year if we hold onto it.

Imo we are still 22 more games into the kids off and a pick 1-4 in 2019 could go a long way towards landing us a Josh Kelly type. We will be more appealing this time next year for players as everyone will see how good our kids are becoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back