Bluemour Discussion Thread XV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t see us bothering for #6, unless there is more to it, and Gold Coast unlikely to want to give up 2 pics this year for a future pick. Suddenly go from 5 top 30 picks to 3.

If they want our future first, makes a lot more sense for it to be 3, assuming they can still get the guy they want at 6. A lot easier for us to trade down, still use a high pick and get back into next year’s first round. Don’t think it will happen now though. Think GCS needed to hold 5, not 6. That Port swap stuffed it.
If we can get pick #3 for next year's first, I could see a swap with Crows for pick #13 and their first next year. No real incentive for GCS though but a decent trade for us and Crows.

Don’t see us bothering for #6, unless there is more to it, and Gold Coast unlikely to want to give up 2 pics this year for a future pick. Suddenly go from 5 top 30 picks to 3.

If they want our future first, makes a lot more sense for it to be 3, assuming they can still get the guy they want at 6. A lot easier for us to trade down, still use a high pick and get back into next year’s first round. Don’t think it will happen now though. Think GCS needed to hold 5, not 6. That Port swap stuffed it.
I dont really like to seem disrespectful to the Suns, but I wonder if they have any idea what they need or who to pick with all those picks. Their short history is simply one of lurching from crisis to crisis under intense scrutiny.

Do you really think that if SOS had picks 3 & 6 in this draft that he would sell both picks for pick 1?

The reason he is fielding offers for pick 1, is hoping clubs are stupid enough to trade them and he would do the deal in a heartbeat
If he wanted a certain player like Walsh or Lukosius at pick 1 yes he would, because they are rated as the best in their position and therefore it is highly likely that they would be gone by pick 3. It is not a case of clubs being stupid enough to do it, it is more about the value they are placing on those particular players.......and what the clubs`needs are of course.

If we can get pick #3 for next year's first, I could see a swap with Crows for pick #13 and their first next year. No real incentive for GCS though but a decent trade for us and Crows.

GCS’s incentive would be to have another high pick next year, to split their high picks.

Crows would trade 8 & 13 for 3 I reckon, if Luko is still on the board. Can decide which pick we want to use, then auction the other.

If he wanted a certain player like Walsh or Lukosius at pick 1 yes he would, because they are rated as the best in their position and therefore it is highly likely that they would be gone by pick 3. It is not a case of clubs being stupid enough to do it, it is more about the value they are placing on those particular players.......and what the clubs`needs are of course.

I doubt any recruiter would give up 2 picks in the top 6 for pick 1

I still think our midfield is really young for 2019 but hope I am proved wrong by some natural improvement. We seem adequately stocked for key positions now. Shame to see Rowe go on 99 neuf ballons but maybe time was up

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Heavily into Tim Taranto, 2019 first and a future first being discussed already, watch this space.

#Bluemour
I must be suffering trade options fatigue, but what does this post mean and how does it qualify as a rumour in 2018.

We’re heavily into Taranto in next years trade, is that what it means?? If so how long do we have to watch this space......12 months? **** that.

Last edited:
You know who else is screaming out for KPD? Bulldogs. Speaks volumes that they cut him. Same goes for Goddard. Thats a hard no from me.

Our track record in picking up cast offs is terrible in the SOS era. We need to start picking up keepers.
Yeah that's why I'm surprised with the Rowe delisting. Rowe isn't a good user of the ball, but has done some good jobs as a stopper allowing other defenders to play that intercept role.

I think they cut Collins before the Marcus Adams trade talk this year (I know there was talk the year before that Adams wanted to go west).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't understand the club extending lebois and delisting rowe. Our kpds have been anything but reliable, and we've delisted/lost a few guys who play defensive roles in the vfl - silvagni, jgm, O'Shea, Shaw, Mullet (the latter three being less kpd and more third up or running defender).

Are we picking up Kieren Collins as a DFA potentially?

I probably had Rowe sticking around for another year, possibly as a rookie along with Lamb (subject to our draft haul, targets).

But like you say, 3 KPD out and only 1 in by the looks? Were we too stacked on key defenders in the 1st place?

K.Collins & H.Goddard are the 2 that have been mentioned as we’ve spoken to and in the DFA pool.
Who is preferred?

The number 99

Brad Fisher 99 games
Sam Rowe 99 games
Fev 99 goals
99 prelim!

Any other relation between Carlton and 99?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

"In 1910, several players were suspected of having taken bribes to fix matches, with two players (Alex Lang and Doug Fraser) both found guilty and suspended for 99 matches"

Fraser Brown 99 goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back