Bluemour Discussion Thread XV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did I hear correctly this morning that we could've got Shiel with a future 1st, but SOS thought it was too much??

Surely not??

The Sheil interview with Barrett, lloyd and Cornes on trade table was funny, sounds like in the last hour of trade week Sheil could have ended up at *, GWS or Mighty Blues. Barrett's view at the start of the show was that he was open to come to us on the last day if *couldn't get the deal done. He also went with this in Sliding Doors column today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The pressure is on * to perform next year no excuses, all this talk of top four and premierships is good it adds expectations
Sounds like they're preseason premiers again this Summer.

Day 1 pre-season I believe. There was something on him/our injured somewhere.
From his review;
“After having ankle surgery in August, Kennedy will be hoping to put together a strong pre-season as he prepares for his second season with the Blues”.
A fit Kennedy makes a huge difference for us.

I'm hoping we pick up Hugh Goddard as a DFA, I was a little bit shocked when I heard he was delisted by the Saints. He's a big fella who can take a mark, has a decent left peg and isn't afraid to take on the tackler and go for a bit of a run. With Rowe and ASOS both off the list you would have to think that we have a mature bodied key defender lined up and I would prefer Goddard to Kieran Collins.

We have four senior and three rookie spots to fill so if our draft picks remain as is I would be happy with the following:
-Walsh at Pick 1
-Wil Hickmott and Mitch Grigg with later picks (doesn't have to be Mitch Grigg but a similar "break glass in case of emergency" type mature bodied midfielder is needed otherwise if Cripps gets injured it would be a disaster)
-Rookie list Ben Silvagni, Jed Lamb and Sam Fisher

A fit Kennedy makes a huge difference for us.
We also seem to forget that Kennedy is a 2 months younger than Charlie Curnow.

Some Carlton supporters seem to think he was a mature age recruit, kids a baby.

I’m big fan, think he will be huge over the next decade for us (not Judd or Kelly huge, but a massive upgrade on Ed as the 3rd-5th midfielder in the rotations)

We also seem to forget that Kennedy is a 2 months younger than Charlie Curnow.

Some Carlton supporters seem to think he was a mature age recruit, kids a baby.

I’m big fan, think he will be huge over the next decade for us (not Judd or Kelly huge, but a massive upgrade on Ed as the 3rd-5th midfielder in the rotations)
Kennedy has my vote for the player most likely to have a breakout year next year, I'm hoping for 25 disp, 5 tackles and 5 clearances per game. It would be a huge boost to our midfield if he could manage that.

Kennedy has my vote for the player most likely to have a breakout year next year, I'm hoping for 25 disp, 5 tackles and 5 clearances per game. It would be a huge boost to our midfield if he could manage that.
I hope you are right, mainly because there is about 5 WCE supporters I will be waving the stat sheet in front of come season end

I'm hoping we pick up Hugh Goddard as a DFA, I was a little bit shocked when I heard he was delisted by the Saints. He's a big fella who can take a mark, has a decent left peg and isn't afraid to take on the tackler and go for a bit of a run. With Rowe and ASOS both off the list you would have to think that we have a mature bodied key defender lined up and I would prefer Goddard to Kieran Collins.

We have four senior and three rookie spots to fill so if our draft picks remain as is I would be happy with the following:
-Walsh at Pick 1
-Wil Hickmott and Mitch Grigg with later picks (doesn't have to be Mitch Grigg but a similar "break glass in case of emergency" type mature bodied midfielder is needed otherwise if Cripps gets injured it would be a disaster)
-Rookie list Ben Silvagni, Jed Lamb and Sam Fisher
I didn't realise goddard was a left footer. He's a Monty then...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back