Bluemour Discussion Thread XV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

IIRC ... Was interested in moving to Pies a while back. Reportedly failed the medical.

I thought it had been reported as fact that his family have always been big Collingwood supporters and that his father had retained his Pies membership throughout Kreuzer's career. Therefore if there was one non-Carlton club that he'd play for it would have been them.

Are we really talking Kreuzer?
Forget it. Won't, can't nor will be going anywhere.

Pity we couldn't make good of moving on Murphy in 2017, before we gave him another year of leadership.
Would have killed a few birds with the one stone, forcing Docherty & Cripps into leadership roles earlier, as difficult as that may have been.

The time to move Gibbs on, was perfect and the net result should start shining through soon enough.

Pretty sure GS has legitimate sources as without knowing him personally it comes across he was a part of or heavily involved with the club at some point.

His delivery was salty, rumor may still be legit.
Every club would enquire every year about the top five players of every club to see if they could shake something loose.

Unless the source is an AFL journalist, the rumour has no credibility.

AFL 'journalist' & credibility in the same sentence ...

rolling.gif

Are we really talking Kreuzer?
Forget it. Won't, can't nor will be going anywhere.

Pity we couldn't make good of moving on Murphy in 2017, before we gave him another year of leadership.
Would have killed a few birds with the one stone, forcing Docherty & Cripps into leadership roles earlier, as difficult as that may have been.

The time to move Gibbs on, was perfect and the net result should start shining through soon enough.

Would have been 12 dimensional chess had we pull that off - adulate the skipper, give him the B&F over the superior Krooz & Doc, to shift him on to a contender - but what could a contender have offered us in a weak draft year?

Would have been 12 dimensional chess had we pull that off - adulate the skipper, give him the B&F over the superior Krooz & Doc, to shift him on to a contender - but what could a contender have offered us in a weak draft year?

Of course. Would have been a bad look but a bold one that only a very strong club could pull off.
Murphy would have wanted to be willing as much as GWS would have wanted to be willing to take him.

Murphy & Gibbs were the two prime names being floated around that 2014 - 2016 period for trading out and it just felt wrong then.
When Gibbs did go, it was the perfect time and opportunity for us.
I felt the same way about Murphy in 2017, but it just wasn't to be.

Of course. Would have been a bad look but a bold one that only a very strong club could pull off.
Murphy would have wanted to be willing as much as GWS would have wanted to be willing to take him.

Murphy & Gibbs were the two prime names being floated around that 2014 - 2016 period for trading out and it just felt wrong then.
When Gibbs did go, it was the perfect time and opportunity for us.
I felt the same way about Murphy in 2017, but it just wasn't to be.

This may be a bit discursive, but I'm convinced that Tom Rockliff is close to the biggest missed opportunity we've had, more so than Saad/Shiel/Smith. We desperately needed a senior midfield body to replace Gibbs and the loss is amplified by Murphy being a 'nothing player' since last year. Now we're stuck lamenting Murphy as the last man standing - but it didn't necessarily need to be this way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This may be a bit discursive, but I'm convinced that Tom Rockliff is close to the biggest missed opportunity we've had, more so than Saad/Shiel/Smith. We desperately needed a senior midfield body to replace Gibbs and the loss is amplified by Murphy being a 'nothing player' since last year. Now we're stuck lamenting Murphy as the last man standing - but it didn't necessarily need to be this way.

Really? Rockcliff?

I feel that in the wash it will be Shiel, because if we did somehow pull-off a last minute bid for him and usurp a stubborn Dodoro, he'd be playing for us now and we wouldn't have this 'Have we made a mistake trading with Adelaide?' scenario rolling on. :)

Really? Rockcliff?

I feel that in the wash it will be Shiel, because if we did somehow pull-off a last minute bid for him and usurp a stubborn Dodoro, he'd be playing for us now and we wouldn't have this 'Have we made a mistake trading with Adelaide?' scenario rolling on. :)

Rockliff, I shit you not. We don't need stars, we need big bodies who can win the ball, kick goals, and do it all with a nasty edge over four quarters. And for no loss of draft currency.

Rockliff, I **** you not. We don't need stars, we need big bodies who can win the ball, kick goals, and do it all with a nasty edge over four quarters. And for no loss of draft currency.

Feel he would have made for a terrible 'cultural' fit for the CFC.

Also not sure an expensive 29 year old (effectively 28 in '17) may have been particularly high on the CFC agenda, regardless of what may have bandied about in regards to our interest in him in 2017.

Feel he would have made for a terrible 'cultural' fit for the CFC.

Also not sure an expensive 29 year old (effectively 28 in '17) may have been particularly high on the CFC agenda, regardless of what may have bandied about in regards to our interest in him in 2017.

We're banking cap space so money isn't an issue (especially so when we're not spending a draft pick), the culture point is interesting however. The team could do with a bit of ratbag/mongrel factors, but even so - I'm around Rockliff's age, and it makes sense that he would rather eat/work/play with guys his own age as opposed to a group of U21s. Did we miss a trick by not taking these factors into account earlier? Has the mishandling of the rookie draft cost us in pursuing those elusive 'senior' bodies? I sure as hell don't envy the job SOS has had to do.

The biggest miss of a player that we've had under Silvagni hasn't even been publicly announced as being linked to us in the past.

As far as public common knowledge is concerned, I'll contend that it was Shiel but long term it was a bullet dodged. He will be in decline as we are going up. Ultimately, his talent will only get Essendon from outside the finals to bottom half of the eight.

I don't understand this Kreuzer talk. We can't keep him on the park, why would anyone else want to take that risk?
Exactly if TDK was a year older and getting games this year instead of being injured Kruezer because of his ongoing issues should be our backup ruck next season .
And imo that's the attitude we need to take with him as of next year we just can't rely on him anymore and need to plan as such .

Oh god............this "if only" mentality is seriously doing my head in - serenity now, ffs...........

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back