Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been posted but I’m 99% sure port are set to scrap the co captaincy. Does this go in our favour for wines?

I hope for our sakes that Papley has no interest in playing for *

Can't imagine why they would need him after re-signing Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti? Though i guess if Daniher was to leave?

Sorry if this has been posted but I’m 99% sure port are set to scrap the co captaincy. Does this go in our favour for wines?

Unless they were going to make him sole Captain?

I would agree that he generally trades pretty well...did well to entice Saad/Smith/Stringer/Shiel to Essendon and except for Shiel, got them at good prices. Word seems to be that he was overruled with the Shiel trade, so can't blame him for how much Essendon gave up.

Disagree he is good at trading well for needs though, as i mentioned the big bodied inside mid is something he's neglected for years for some reason...even most Essendon fans can't understand it. And outside of an often injured Daniher & a 29 yr old Shaun McKernan, they dont' really have any KPF's. The ruck is another area of concern.

Sometimes it's easier finding a bull, but doubt the will get a Cripps quality, they are rare

Sier, Wills, Brodie are cheaper options they could target

KPF, I agree, that is going to be tough, maybe 2MP

Ruck, they can target a delisted Jones from the Dockers, Archie, from Lions, but they are average at best

Sometimes it's easier finding a bull, but doubt the will get a Cripps quality, they are rare

Sier, Wills, Brodie are cheaper options they could target

KPF, I agree, that is going to be tough, maybe 2MP

Ruck, they can target a delisted Jones from the Dockers, Archie, from Lions, but they are average at best

Well there is Longer/Pierce who were delisted from the Saints also, not that they are much better.

I’ll be irate if Martin goes to the Dogs and we’re not competitive salary-wise. Hoping we get him at a decent rate but Jesus why wouldn’t we at least offer to match the Dogs salary if possible?

Just a bit frustrating when it’s tough to pick up good players and we’re offering unders.

I must have missed something. Why is a Daniher of all people wanting out of *?
Maybe it's the Melbourne footy 'bubble' he wants to get away from. He'd be copping the same kind of pressure from scum supporters that the silvagnis would cop from ours just because of their name. Maybe he can't handle it. Sheer speculation of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll be irate if Martin goes to the Dogs and we’re not competitive salary-wise. Hoping we get him at a decent rate but Jesus why wouldn’t we at least offer to match the Dogs salary if possible?

Just a bit frustrating when it’s tough to pick up good players and we’re offering unders.

Who says the Dogs aren't offering him overs?

It's an interesting one as we've obviously got cash to throw around given the Coniglio offer.

I guess it just comes down to SOS valuing Martin at a certain salary and not prepared to go over it, like he's done before with Prestia & Carlisle.
Would love Martin though and i hope we don't miss out over a small amount.

I've seen Jack Martin twice. Once in his second year with the Suns he was alone at a café in Broadbeach. He had a tablet and was reviewing some training footage. Was pretty good I thought, reviewing stuff in what seemed to be his own time. I was amazed at how skinny he was, actually. He looked all of about 60 kgs.

The second time was dinner at a restaurant in the Burleigh area earlier this year. It's an upmarket place but relaxed-ish. He went heavy on the relaxed. Was in boardshorts and thongs. He was with his Mrs and I don't think they said a word to each other for about 30 minutes, then they got up and left. I can only assume they knew the owners of the place because they didn't pay, they up and just walked out.

Anyway, just a of couple Jack Martin fun facts to add your thoughts on how much we'd like him at the club. I'm sure they'll impact your decision.

I'm not even completely sold on Wines and Crouch...seem to be best available mids right now but not 100% best fit for our needs. IMO we need more 'balanced' midfielders, whereas those 2 are clearly inside mids.

Would like to see us get in Martin & Papley this year, while keeping our 2020 1st rounder.

Hopefully the young mids develop next year, then we have our 2020 & 2021 1st rounders to use to trade in a gun mid to replace Murphy.

Who knows how Dow develops over the summer. Likewise Setterfield could be primed for a massive year. Stocker ought to be run ragged by Russell and perhaps ready for a Worpel-like ascent. Fisher may get back on an upward trajectory.

One thing we do know is that Walsh will become a 28-30 possession per game midfielder, which is nice to bank on.

Who knows how Dow develops over the summer. Likewise Setterfield could be primed for a massive year. Stocker ought to be run ragged by Russell and perhaps ready for a Worpel-like ascent. Fisher may get back on an upward trajectory.

One thing we do know is that Walsh will become a 28-30 possession per game midfielder, which is nice to bank on.
I have to admit I was wrong on Setters. I never wrote him off, but I just didn't see it. I often said that I didn't see what the strength in his game was and why he was so highly rated.

The longer the season went, though, the more you could see it. He started hitting the contest a bit harder, moving a bit better and generally being cleaner with the ball. He's going to be a gun. He soon could be Cripps' best mate in the middle.

I totally agree. I can't even wait to get to the end of this thread to make comment.
I know people like hypotheticals. But Cripps is off-limits. Just gets me agitated.
Feels like asking people how much would you sell your sister for. You just don't go there.
And please no responses, like I'd give her away for free.
It's unfathomable how some think it's ok to trade anyone. A young Captain who has said he'd rather work toward something with a group, and go thru the ups and downs together than just go chase a paycheck. Ultimately, it has to mean something. for both the players and the supporters. you just can't buy that. It's called integrity and comes thru sticking together and creating history, and it's why we are all so passionate. Sure we lose a few and trade in a few, but we are building a core group; right from their 1st games. We are so fortunate.

I just don't know why Sydney go after him, they have Tom mccartin and nick Blakey. What they need is a centre half back
McCartin plays forward and back, hasn't really settled in a spot (though I think he looks good), and Blakey gets pretty far up the ground. He's almost playing as a wingman at times.

Daniher will be a proper inside 50 target right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back