Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniher a realistic chance to leave ?

Doro to ask for

11 x 1st round picks
100 bottles of Evian that are exactly half full
2 x 2nd round picks
12 dozen roses, with stems cut 4.5 inches long
4 x 3rd round picks
1 tonne of M&Ms, all the brown ones removed
A 4th round pick
A full-scale replica of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, made out of paddle pop sticks
A future 5th round pick

He is said to be flexible on the last demand.

Offer is on the table. Jacks a good kid. Im Pretty confident he wants to join us regardless of salary differences
I'll be very happy with this, but it doesnt make much sense from Martin's perspective...
Dogs in finals & more $$$
Vs Blues potential?

Doro to ask for

11 x 1st round picks
100 bottles of Evian that are exactly half full
2 x 2nd round picks
12 dozen roses, with stems cut 4.5 inches long
4 x 3rd round picks
1 tonne of M&Ms, all the brown ones removed
A 4th round pick
A full-scale replica of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, made out of paddle pop sticks
A future 5th round pick

He is said to be flexible on the last demand.
images (47).jpeg

I must have missed something. Why is a Daniher of all people wanting out of *?

1. Sick of putting on foundation to hide his track marks

2. Essendon are an abominable club, and he’s finally realised it

3. Fitness guy has got no clue and ruining his earning potential for the last 6-7 years of his career

4. The smartest one in the family

5. All of the above

I'll be very happy with this, but it doesnt make much sense from Martin's perspective...
Dogs in finals & more $$$
Vs Blues potential?

If we've been working away at him through his manager since last year, and the Dog's have jumped in late, that could be all there is to it. Sometimes showing a player you really want them to be part of your club means more than a last minute cash offer because Tippa fell through...

I hope for our sakes that Papley has no interest in playing for *

He's not what they need.

They have small forwards and small mids up the wazoo.

I mean any club would take Papley, but * need him less than most.

I hope for our sakes that Papley has no interest in playing for *
me too - also, I will hold you personally responsible if he does - just for suggesting it - message ends............

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Offer is on the table. Jacks a good kid. Im Pretty confident he wants to join us regardless of salary differences
I appreciate your input, you're an underrated poster with a good track record. I'm a little concerned that the doggies are offering more. I know Betts wouldn't be seen as a crucial trade for us for the long term, but maybe securing a legendary indigenous player like him could help getting someone like Martin accross the line? certainly couldn't hurt.

If we've been working away at him through his manager since last year, and the Dog's have jumped in late, that could be all there is to it. Sometimes showing a player you really want them to be part of your club means more than a last minute cash offer because Tippa fell through...

Yeah who knows really, different players have different values.

I'm sure other clubs would have been interested in McGovern, but it seems he only had eyes for Carlton despite a 2 win season...Teague probably had a lot to do with it.

Maybe friendships and feeling comfortable with the people at his new club is more important to him that it would be to some other players...and maybe the SPS connection and others is playing a decent role in him preferring us.

Somehow getting Martin and Papley in this trade period and holding onto next years 1st would be a massive win.

Again we will have cash to burn and with our rise up the ladder and talent on the list, should make grabbing a gun either via trade or FA a little easier.

I'm not even completely sold on Wines and Crouch...seem to be best available mids right now but not 100% best fit for our needs. IMO we need more 'balanced' midfielders, whereas those 2 are clearly inside mids.

Would like to see us get in Martin & Papley this year, while keeping our 2020 1st rounder.

Hopefully the young mids develop next year, then we have our 2020 & 2021 1st rounders to use to trade in a gun mid to replace Murphy.

Can we shut the fu** up about Cripps, it gets me nervous even reading that stuff that I know is just a piss-take. It just makes me uncomfortable.
I totally agree. I can't even wait to get to the end of this thread to make comment.
I know people like hypotheticals. But Cripps is off-limits. Just gets me agitated.
Feels like asking people how much would you sell your sister for. You just don't go there.
And please no responses, like I'd give her away for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back