Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's the Melbourne footy 'bubble' he wants to get away from. He'd be copping the same kind of pressure from scum supporters that the silvagnis would cop from ours just because of their name. Maybe he can't handle it. Sheer speculation of course.
It's quite possible I guess, everyone handles the pressures differently.

I just assumed because of his family and history that he'd be ultra attached to the club, but of course, not everyone necessarily buys into the romance thing. Jarrad Waite had no problem leaving when he did.

Of course, as the other replies said, maybe he just realises they are sh*t :tearsofjoy:

I must have missed something. Why is a Daniher of all people wanting out of *?

His old man Anthony played over a 100 games for the Swans so he could have gone father son there but opted not to. Danihers are from NSW. So Joe probably sees it as a second home. His issues with * remains unknown but could be due to his injuries - maybe he thinks they have mismanaged him. Or he may not like the coach or some of the players. He seems to have have friends at the Swans too.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have to admit I was wrong on Setters. I never wrote him off, but I just didn't see it. I often said that I didn't see what the strength in his game was and why he was so highly rated.

The longer the season went, though, the more you could see it. He started hitting the contest a bit harder, moving a bit better and generally being cleaner with the ball. He's going to be a gun. He soon could be Cripps' best mate in the middle.

Nothing particularly flashy about him, just does everything right.

I have to admit I was wrong on Setters. I never wrote him off, but I just didn't see it. I often said that I didn't see what the strength in his game was and why he was so highly rated.

The longer the season went, though, the more you could see it. He started hitting the contest a bit harder, moving a bit better and generally being cleaner with the ball. He's going to be a gun. He soon could be Cripps' best mate in the middle.

The best thing about Setters is he doesn't do anything badly. If he can get the ball 20 times a game, we're gonna win more than we lose.

If Martin joins us it will be less coin than the Bulldogs

This would be a massive vote of confidence in the new coach and direction of the club.

It’s a strange one.

I suspect it has a lot to do with his injuries.

Maybe he’s not a fan of how they’ve handled things, or maybe he just thinks a fresh start is required.

Or...maybe Sydney are offering him a monster deal.

Sometimes it's easier finding a bull, but doubt the will get a Cripps quality, they are rare

Sier, Wills, Brodie are cheaper options they could target

KPF, I agree, that is going to be tough, maybe 2MP

Ruck, they can target a delisted Jones from the Dockers, Archie, from Lions, but they are average at best
* stuffed up chasing flankers after they were pantsed in a final due to a lack of ball winners. Could have kept picks and selected Worpel and Constable, 2 of the best contested mids with picks in the 20s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not such an odd thing, Terry played for South Melbourne before playing for Essendon and Anthony played for Sydney, Joe was eligible to go to Sydney under the father son rule but chose to go to Essendon.

Im tipping Essendon will come for Martin if Daniher leaves. They would have the currency to trade for him and money as well.

We need to get the Martin deal done early if he chooses us.

They’d be nuts to chase Martin.

They seriously need big, strong inside mids.

Doro to ask for

11 x 1st round picks
100 bottles of Evian that are exactly half full
2 x 2nd round picks
12 dozen roses, with stems cut 4.5 inches long
4 x 3rd round picks
1 tonne of M&Ms, all the brown ones removed
A 4th round pick
A full-scale replica of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, made out of paddle pop sticks
A future 5th round pick

He is said to be flexible on the last demand.

Clearly unders.
Better than G Ablett Snr.
Sash alone worth an extra 3x 1st rounders.

His old man Anthony played over a 100 games for the Swans so he could have gone father son there but opted not to. Danihers are from NSW. So Joe probably sees it as a second home. His issues with * remains unknown but could be due to his injuries - maybe he thinks they have mismanaged him. Or he may not like the coach or some of the players. He seems to have have friends at the Swans too.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

From what I've been told, he may move with Essendon's blessing. I've probs said too much already.

Maybe it's the Melbourne footy 'bubble' he wants to get away from. He'd be copping the same kind of pressure from scum supporters that the silvagnis would cop from ours just because of their name. Maybe he can't handle it. Sheer speculation of course.
Maybe he thinks that * have badly mismanaged his groin problems and cost him nearly 2 years of footy in his prime?

Who says the Dogs aren't offering him overs?

Obviously we don’t know the numbers, but if there’s a small(ish) amount of difference, I’d like to think we’d increase our offer and get it over the line.

We’ve got money to use, and we can’t wait indefinitely to bring in quality players when these opportunities are few and far between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back