Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again for another person who can't read into what I'm saying. I'm not criticising McKay. I'm saying Dunkley and Collins are having better years and I posted previously that pick 20 and 21 would be more valuable to us rebuilding than 10. The pick got us curnow anyway.
Collins has played 1 game and was proven to be out of his depth. How does that POSSIBLY suggest they are doing better than Charlie?

Thy what's the chances of a bloke walking up off the street saying he is good enough, a la Paul Meldrum style
not any more, CB - they pretty much have them ear-marked in uteri nowadays.......

Well that's stupid. thats exactly what it is. I'm judging allow them on their first year without bias.

Ummm yes I know. I'm trying to prove a point that 20 and 21 is more valuable to a rebuilding side than 10. Clearly the dogs thought so. Or why would they do it. Unless they felt sorry for our trade for Liam jones who earnt them caleb Daniel who is another superstar.

Do you know what the Dogs needs were? Who did they have earmarked? Was there any top 10 projected player they were looking at? We clearly had particular types we were interested in as the top 12 or so were tipped to be full of talls and we wanted talls first and foremost.

Given we already filled our side with 5 players through trades, it was quality over quantity in the draft. Curnow has shown plenty, more than Collins in fact and given Dunkley is a midfielder, not a tall, not a forward, he can't be compared.

Clearly I'm not getting any support for my opinion. Just like I didn't when I suggested giving up 20 and 21 for 10 wasn't smart. I guess I'll have to wait another year of two to see the outcome. I'll stop arguing now.

Once again for another person who can't read into what I'm saying. I'm not criticising McKay. I'm saying Dunkley and Collins are having better years and I posted previously that pick 20 and 21 would be more valuable to us rebuilding than 10. The pick got us curnow anyway.
Mate McKay has been injured.
What do you expect from someone that has missed half a season of footy.

Young Key Position Forwards

(2014 Draft) Darcy Moore, Debuted 2015 - 9 Games, 9 Goals (2016, 15 Games. 21 Goals)
(2014 Draft) Peter Wright, Debuted 2015 - 3 Games, 1 Goal (2016, 14 Games, 24 Goals)
(2013 Draft) Rory Lobb, Debuted 2014 - 2 Games, 1 Goals (2015, 9 Games, 6 Goals)
(2013 Draft) Cameron McCarthy, Debuted 2014 - 1 Game, 1 Goal (2015, 20 Games, 35 Goals)
(2012 Mini Draft) Jesse Hogan, Debuted 2015 - 20 Games, 44 Goals (2016, 18 Games, 39 Goals)
(2012 Draft) Joe Daniher, Debuted 2013 - 5 Games, 3 Gaols (2014, 21 Games, 28 Goals)
(2012 Draft) Jake Stringer, Debuted 2013 - 10 Games, 12 Goals (2014, 18 Games, 26 Goals)
(2011 Draft) Jonathon Patton, Debuted 2012 - 7 Games, 4 Goals (2013, 3 Games, 5 Goals)
(2010 Zone) Jeremy Cameron, Debuted 2012 - 16 Games, 29 Goals (2013, 21 Games, 62 Goals)
(2010 Zone) Josh Bruce, Debuted 2012 - 3 Games, 2 Goals (2013, 11 Games, 1 Goals)
(2010 Draft) Tom Lynch, Debuted 2011 - 13 Games, 15 Goals (2012, 17 Games, 12 Goals)

This is a list of the best young key forwards over the past 5 or so years.
Jesse Hogan is the only one who didn't debut in the season following their draft year. That was due to missing a year with a back injury.
By the second season, most young key forwards are putting in 15-20 game performances and averaging 1 even up to 3 goals a game. The only one's who have taken longer are Bruce, Patton and Lobb, no surprises they're all from GWS where they were competing with Jeremy Cameron and a host of other young forwards.

This is clear evidence that you don't need to wrap young key forwards up in cotton wool.

We should look to get one or two games into Harry McKay at the back end of this season, and then look for him to play 15-20 games next season and kick 20-35 goals.

FBI, I think your selection proves opposite to your conclusion.

In the year after being drafted, those guys played

0, 0, 0, 1, 2, 3, 5, 9, 13.

To me that screams cotton more than throwing to the wolves.

0, 1, 2, 3, 3, 5, 9, 13, 16 if you ignore the years out for zone selections.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ummm yes I know. I'm trying to prove a point that 20 and 21 is more valuable to a rebuilding side than 10. Clearly the dogs thought so. Or why would they do it. Unless they felt sorry for our trade for Liam jones who earnt them caleb Daniel who is another superstar.

Dogs are not rebuilding. We wont be thereabouts next year either so McKay and Charlie have more time to establish themselves than Dunkley and Collins do in reality.

FBI, I think your selection proves opposite to your conclusion.

In the year after being drafted, those guys played

0, 0, 0, 1, 2, 3, 5, 9, 13.

To me that screams cotton more than throwing to the wolves.

0, 1, 2, 3, 3, 5, 9, 13, 16 if you ignore the years out for zone selections.

Forgive me if im reading it wrong but 201(x) draft is 201(x+1) debut year is it not?

E.g 2016 Draft will debut in 2017

So everyone bar Hogan debuted in their first year, played a few games and then played 15-20 in their second year.

I.e exactly what Harry could do if we gave him a game or two before the end of the year.

Shouldn't the comparison be between cuningham (pick 23) and dunkley (pick 25ish) ?

Dogs are not rebuilding. We wont be thereabouts next year either so McKay and Charlie have more time to establish themselves than Dunkley and Collins do in reality.

Clearly I'm not getting any support for my opinion. Just like I didn't when I suggested giving up 20 and 21 for 10 wasn't smart. I guess I'll have to wait another year of two to see the outcome. I'll stop arguing now.

Your opinion may prove to be right in time. However, after one season its just all spitballing. You are not getting much support because the argument you put forward as it currently stands, is flawed on numerous levels.
Your follow up point where you say you will wait another year before re-visiting though is sensible :thumbsu:

Well my current opinion is that 20 and 21 will turn out to be better than 10. And I believe Collins and Dunkley are currently having better seasons than our pick 10. Which isn't flawed. It's a fact. Despite the obvious issues with time on the park and injury. It's still a fact. Time will only prove or disprove the former.

Collins isn't having a better season. So it's not a fact.

Well my current opinion is that 20 and 21 will turn out to be better than 10. And I believe Collins and Dunkley are currently having better seasons than our pick 10. Which isn't flawed. It's a fact. Despite the obvious issues with time on the park and injury. It's still a fact. Time will only prove or disprove the former.

We traded for #11. McKay was our pick #8 that ended up being #10 because of academy selections. McKay is a tall forward and they take longer to come along, even when they don't miss half a year with a back injury.

Dunkley by weight of games has had a better season than Sam Weideman, Jacob Hopper, and Aaron Francis too.

Collins has played 1 game. How is he having a better season than anybody?

Don't be shy TB.

Always good to read various views.

Would be bloody boring if "group think" ruled.

And yes - time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back