Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is it sad that I look forward more to the draft and the trade more than the actual season itself?? Which also defeats the purpose of being interested in the 1st place because the season is the only place we'll see them, I just confused myself!!!

ill 2nd that. I'm done with 2016.

Got a feeling 2017 will be horrid as well.

Just think, we will all have 6 months to discuss what a rabble we are before the season proper.

ill 2nd that. I'm done with 2016.

Got a feeling 2017 will be horrid as well.

Just think, we will all have 6 months to discuss what a rabble we are before the season proper.
I don't think 2017 will be the shitfight some people think it might. If the trade rumours are right, we'll be bringing in guys who have a few pre-seasons under their belt if not games, and will be ready to play and contribute rather than be carried like most draftees are. Add to that the 2015 draftees who should get significant game time and the incremental improvement in Doc, Cripps and company should mean we edge closer to the teams in the top half.

I guess it depends on how you measure improvement. I reckon we will get the same amount of wins (6-8) but will be better as a side.

I have found that predicted 'incremental improvement' is pretty much cancelled out by 3 or 4 players suddenly falling off a cliff form-wise each year.
That depends quite a bit on the age profile of your list & where your best players sit in that profile. Fortunately outside of Murphy, Gibbs, Simpson & Ed Curnow, our other better players sit in the under 24 age group, as do some of our more talented players. This should prevent too may players "falling off a cliff form-wise" next year.

Last edited:
I have found that predicted 'incremental improvement' is pretty much cancelled out by 3 or 4 players suddenly falling off a cliff form-wise each year.

Lucky for us, 3/4 of our list are VFL quality and don't have elite skills or output to deteriorate...

Take THAT, Cliff!

:cool:

I don't know what will be worse, this season or the next six months.

What will be worse? The 2017 pre season when some draft pick 3 spots lower than any one of Carlton's picks has a stand-out game and the 2017 chorus of "We Should Have Picked THAT Guy Instead of Our Carlton Guy" hits full throttle once again ....... (yawn).......

Yes but plenty did say at the time we should have taken Ziebell, and have been proven right.

It's not about the 2017 chorus but looking back in 2030 and saying we got the right bloke and thank heavens we didn't chose Daniel Rich!

I don't know what will be worse, this season or the next six months.
any chance every player on every list (bar * of course) will get a run as a potential carlton target? like, every one?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think 2017 will be the shitfight some people think it might. If the trade rumours are right, we'll be bringing in guys who have a few pre-seasons under their belt if not games, and will be ready to play and contribute rather than be carried like most draftees are. Add to that the 2015 draftees who should get significant game time and the incremental improvement in Doc, Cripps and company should mean we edge closer to the teams in the top half.

I guess it depends on how you measure improvement. I reckon we will get the same amount of wins (6-8) but will be better as a side.
I think between 6 and 10 wins and a couple of massive scalps in there for good measure :)

What will be worse? The 2017 pre season when some draft pick 3 spots lower than any one of Carlton's picks has a stand-out game and the 2017 chorus of "We Should Have Picked THAT Guy Instead of Our Carlton Guy" hits full throttle once again ....... (yawn).......
I'm a glass is half full man. Maybe our pick will be like Cripps and people look at the prior selections and how f*cked up they were. We need to nail these these picks though, no doubt.

Is it sad that I look forward more to the draft and the trade more than the actual season itself?? Which also defeats the purpose of being interested in the 1st place because the season is the only place we'll see them, I just confused myself!!!
Draft & Trade period is Carlton's Grand Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back