Darcy Parish (mid/HBF)
Francis (utility)
Collins (KPB)
Wiederman (KPF)
Curnow (KPF/mid)
Tucker (HBF)
Balic (mid/HF)
Mathieson (mid)

Is wietering really worth more then two of these guys plus Plowman and Tomlinson.

If you look at the Hawks when they did there rebuild it wasn't about getting the best player it was about getting three top end talents. Ie Roughead, franklin and Lewis.
I don't know much about the potential draftees or the gws players, but a 3 for 1 works just about every time.

WCE even argue they broke even on the Judd trade and they gave up the best player of the generation

If the rumours were true about Geelong having agreed to this year's first before Adelaide made a racket about matching their offer, then we may be asking for more. I'd take next year's first. Cockatoo at the very least.

Was just thinking this...

Melksham is worse than Bell.

But that doesn't necessarily mean anything

Yes but Melksham is an adequate AFL footballer. If the Dees have traded #25 then they have overpaid

Spoke to a reliable source who tells me Carlton and GWS are nearing the final stages of a deal, potentially today, involving sending Jed Lamb, Lachie Plowman and Adam Tomlinson to Carlton, he didn't inform me what Carlton would be giving up though. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But it is interesting

1. Weitering (GWS)
2. Schache (bris)
3. (GCS)
4. (Ess)
5. (Stk)
6. (CFC)
7. (CFC)

So this is who will be available

Darcy Parish (mid/HBF)
Francis (utility)
Collins (KPB)
Wiederman (KPF)
Curnow (KPF/mid)
Tucker (HBF)
Balic (mid/HF)
Mathieson (mid)

Is wietering really worth more then two of these guys plus Plowman and Tomlinson.

If you look at the Hawks when they did there rebuild it wasn't about getting the best player it was about getting three top end talents. Ie Roughead, franklin and Lewis.
your right its about adding talent. Weiderman and Curnow should be better than weitering.

I'm a massive Bryce Gibbs fan. But if ADE want him and are willing to pony up #9 or #13, plus Lever and Kerridge. I'd bite. We need to get as much talent in as quick as we can. That's 3 young players for 1 not so young.

Same as, I'd send Murphy out for a similar deal. Yep, the Captain is expendable too IMO. Players that won't be there in 4-5 years are expendable IF they have significant trade potential.

Realistically, if we played this trade period right, we could bring in a large amount of serious talent in a very short time. Sentiment holds no place right now. If we could bring in 10-12 good kids our rebuild is up and running. Retain the vets like Simmo (Capt), 1AW, Jamo, Krooz as leadership and we are ok. Start like GWS and build. Now is the time.

We've seen GWS could get us 4-5. Gibbs could get you 3. Murphy 3. Yarran 1-2. Henderson 1-2. F/S 2. Draft 2-3. That's 16 min. We have 8-10 already.

You pay for potential output, based on what they have done, not just what they have done already.

That's why Yarran is worth a first round pick, and why Stevie J got let go and may not find a home.
:confused:

Jake Kolodjashnij......

Could be a good long term replacement for Sam Kolojazzhands

11015203_10153475125928334_5881776227311026764_n.jpg

#oneforthedads

If you would like a more confusing response:

p+t= value

where p is potential, and t is time remaining at AFL level.

Time remaining can be considered the function of durability

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But it is interesting

1. Weitering (GWS)
2. Schache (bris)
3. (GCS)
4. (Ess)
5. (Stk)
6. (CFC)
7. (CFC)

So this is who will be available

Darcy Parish (mid/HBF)
Francis (utility)
Collins (KPB)
Wiederman (KPF)
Curnow (KPF/mid)
Tucker (HBF)
Balic (mid/HF)
Mathieson (mid)

Agree 100%.

Rather two top 7 picks over just pick 1.

The other consideration is weitering is a kpd, and ideally you spend your high draft picks on mids and forwards.

Curnow and mathiesion to boost our forward and mid stocks would be better than weitering imo

how about Talia instead?
Talia makes a lot more sense, but definitely not Henderson would be day light robbery. With the inclusions of (if we land them) Tomlinson, Plowman, and Weitering plus KJ we might not need another key back but I wouldn't be disappointed if we landed Talia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back