Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Define success - it's actually not just a measure of the trophy cabinet. Its community involvement, profit etc etc. Any club that defines success as just winning the comp will develop an unsustainable environment and collapse. Or do what Essendon did with their drug program.

The club is passing in most metrics these days 👍. If they continue whole of club and keep every part ticking over well 'success' may come but we'll not drop much or for long.

Success right now is making a final and having a good go at it.

I'm not hearing anyone say we should be going into the finals and dominating.

This club has pounded the life out of many fans so the expectations aren't that high.

Miss the finals is a fail. No other way to look at it

Make a final (don't have to win) is a small successful step forward.

Watch the game for the game, the commentary team is a side-factor (if you dislike) but I can’t wait for the Ch7 team override button with Fox commentary when available. A bonus only.

I don’t get the fascination with GF entertainment either, the game is all I’m interested in for the “entertainment”.
The mute button is your friend and have a radio close by.

Takes some kind of talent to explain something which should be so simple and to the point, into a running waffled explanation that morphs into 4 different conversations at once, then back to the original question and then answered…
He’s truly a one of a kind…
That white line issue he had during his playing days... is still a bit of an issue.

So far out of sync as to be unwatchable. Last time I tried it was something like 15 seconds.

Someone told me you can do with the Kayo app. But i am too lazy to try it out lol

I do hope that Fox Footy's wish to bring in their own commentators for even Channel 7 broadcast games. That would be great !
Dermie or Papalia instead of BT or Jobe on Friday Night = Bliss :)

I reckon the game he played against Freo was probably his best for the year, 20 possies 3 goals, pushing up the ground and sending the ball long into the f50 with that left foot, is also quicker than Charlie so can really put pressure on the ball.

Actually thought Charlie would have been the guy to be that link style player pushing up given his purported tank but Harry played it perfectly and think it's a great way to use him going forward.

Not keen on making bold statements generally but ..... no chance he is leaving.
Harry has developed into a nice lead up CHF. The fact he is so quick is an absolute dog send. His running down small "fast" defenders/mids is brilliant. Charlie is a more explosive player. Great for playing the lead up full forward role. JSOS is a brilliant utility player. He's not quick, but he gets to where he needs to be and he's deceptively strong.

So far out of sync as to be unwatchable. Last time I tried it was something like 15 seconds.
I hate when radio commentary and TV broadcast is out of sync..
If we kick a goal when listening to the radio, it gives the opposition 15 seconds to prepare, and prevent the goal on the TV broadcast..

So stressful..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we kick a goal when listening to the radio, it gives the opposition 15 seconds to prepare, and prevent the goal on the TV broadcast..

So stressful..
Nothing can match Jack Dyer being out of sync with himself when calling a game on radio .... Oh boy

Harry has developed into a nice lead up CHF. The fact he is so quick is an absolute dog send. His running down small "fast" defenders/mids is brilliant. Charlie is a more explosive player. Great for playing the lead up full forward role. JSOS is a brilliant utility player. He's not quick, but he gets to where he needs to be and he's deceptively strong.

This versatility is going to be really handy going forward.

So stressful..
you idiot

I haven't tried it to confirm whether it is true but SEN the other day said that they have now synced their radio broadcasts with the Channel 7 coverage so maybe that is a viable alternative now.
Yeah heard that. Shame the commentators can't open their mouths without a sponsor falling out.

I haven't tried it to confirm whether it is true but SEN the other day said that they have now synced their radio broadcasts with the Channel 7 coverage so maybe that is a viable alternative now.
It's just 2 blokes sitting at home watching the Channel 7 feed on mute on the TV isn't it?:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

So stressful..

When I was little I would see an ad for an upcoming match and get so confused..."How can they show highlights, when they haven't even played yet?"

When I was little I would see an ad for an upcoming match and get so confused..."How can they show highlights, when they haven't even played yet?"

* I should have said 'when I was young'..... I am still little.

So stressful..

when I was caring for my Mum around the clock when I was 18-21 nights were often her worst. She'd watch a lot of EPL football. I'd keep up on the game a couple of rooms over whilst chatting to my American basketball people online. Usually the telecast was "live" but sometimes up to a minute delayed on the feed. I'd often go to the lounge to see the "live goal." I never told Mum how I knew so she believed it was as live as live could be. She thought I had the Midas touch for goals. 🤣

i miss those times other than how much pain she was constantly in.

Last edited:

So stressful..

Exactly why I am reluctant to watch "replays".

Who knows if you'll get a different result?

I heard something on SEN the other day that mentioned their app is in line with the TV coverage. Don't know how true it is, or how good their commentary is but I'm sure it'll be better than Channel 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back