Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

If we're happy to ditch owies no idea why we wouldn't give stringer 400k for 2 years

The more I read, see and hear about the Owies situation, the more it makes sense.

As for Stringer, no thanks. Has the ability to turn a game, win it off his own boot and is great to watch when he's on. Unfortunately he isn't anywhere near consistent enough and his worst is horrible.

If we're happy to ditch owies no idea why we wouldn't give stringer 400k for 2 years
Because he’s a piece of shit & still horrible below his knees - idea is we get an attacking/crumbing small forward who applies pressure.
Stringer is none of the above apart from a gigantic piece of shit - Carlton Respects

Because he’s a piece of shit & still horrible below his knees - idea is we get an attacking/crumbing small forward who applies pressure.
Stringer is none of the above apart from a gigantic piece of shit - Carlton Respects
I hope we get Stringer… he’d be a point of difference to Charlie and Harry. The melts here would be unbelievable.

I hope we get Stringer… he’d be a point of difference to Charlie and Harry. The melts here would be unbelievable.
angry clint eastwood GIF

Yuck 🤮 no thanks

On stringer.
Last 4 years
19 games - 41 goals
15 games - 25 goals
17 games - 21 goals
23 games - 45 goals

Career average of 2.66 tackles a game.

Take away the knob factor, bloke is durable, kicks goals, has a X factor that we are in need of.

I believe he has at least 2 years left of this type of output.

Mates with saad from what I’ve read. Read also that Stringer in person is actually a lovely guy.

If we had a crystal ball and we could look into the future and he was part of us getting the next flag would the ‘Carlton respects, or no dickheads policy’ crew still say no.

Worth a punt.

Bloke made mistakes, comes across like a dick ‘hello ginni, Zorko, papley, ect’ but not unworthy of a second chance.

May have missed something but what has he done wrong over the last 5+ years?

We are a strong club now with strong leadership, hard nut coach, trust them to set the standards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turf Toe injury, then hamstring then hamstring again….how much conditioning work do you think he could do in that time?

His year was completely destroyed by injury after looking amazing during the preseason.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The out if shape talk seems over the top.

He looked like a guy who couldn't do much aerobic work and possibly over did things in the gym

On stringer.
Last 4 years
19 games - 41 goals
15 games - 25 goals
17 games - 21 goals
23 games - 45 goals

Career average of 2.66 tackles a game.

Take away the knob factor, bloke is durable, kicks goals, has a X factor that we are in need of.

I believe he has at least 2 years left of this type of output.

Mates with saad from what I’ve read. Read also that Stringer in person is actually a lovely guy.

If we had a crystal ball and we could look into the future and he was part of us getting the next flag would the ‘Carlton respects, or no dickheads policy’ crew still say no.

Worth a punt.

Bloke made mistakes, comes across like a dick ‘hello ginni, Zorko, papley, ect’ but not unworthy of a second chance.

May have missed something but what has he done wrong over the last 5+ years?

We are a strong club now with strong leadership, hard nut coach, trust them to set the standards.
Big difference between dickhead & scum bag.
Stringer firmly in the scum bag camp & given that the afl took it upon themselves to call out his & Hind for who they associate with it, shows he hasn’t got any smarter.
Special level of piece of shit to cheat on the mother of your two young kids (who you’ve been in 10yr relationship with) with a 17yr old school girl.
That’s only the tip of the iceberg - we don’t need that shit at the club.
* are shit, if there was any chance of a positive with him they would have signed him for 2 already

Stringer firmly in the scum bag camp & given that the afl took it upon themselves to call out his & Hind for who they associate with it, shows he hasn’t got any smarter.
Special level of piece of shit to cheat on the mother of your two young kids (who you’ve been in 10yr relationship with) with a 17yr old school girl.
* are shit, if there was any chance of a positive with him they would have signed him for 2 already
When Stringer sees Josh Giddey
IMG_4837.gif

At some stage we need to take a punt on a player like Jake. Not saying it has to be him but we need to back the club culture and leadership to not let 1 players past influence.

Recall posters saying no to Stengel because of his indiscretions, he would light it up around our tall forwards.

All this talk about Jake’s past is bandwagon crap.

Can he play. Yes. Can he kick goals. Yes. Can he burst a game open. Yes. Is he worth a 2 year contract on low dollars, most of you say no, because he has made questionable life decisions that doesn’t fit into your mould of how a human should behave or with mistakes he made years and years ago.

Ask yourself if he was a clean skin would he be worth a lifeline?

How many Premierships were stripped from this 'looked after' club? Whilst Sydney teams run rampant
You are spot on, as the competition should really be called the New South Wales Rugby League, as the spoilt Sydney Roosters were allowed to recruit Cooper Cronk back in the day and "somehow" managed to fit him onto their roster and under their salary cap when they already had 23 of the best players in the NRL at the club I remember hearing back then, and they would have been some of the highest paid buggers as well......tisk! tisk! tisk!

I hear you.
I’ve read it was more hinds mate than Jake’s but yes silly scenario to be part of.
His cheating and the age of the girl is an issue but separate them for a second. His biggest stuff up was the age of the girl. Plenty of players and men and women cheat on their partners, parents or not parents. Jake comes across as a late developer in the mental department.

Not supporting his cheating. Not who he did it with. But no one here knows what was going on or his mental state back then.

But if I recall it was nearly ten years ago and surely this should define the bloke forever.

-Haines pretty much a lock
-Houston will happen unless he gets offered stupid money elsewhere
-Club does not rate owies because he's too slow and doesn't offer enough defensively. Not many other interested clubs either for the same reasons.
-SOS on the list because he's good for culture but that's not to say he's bad
Strange take by the club, when you compare Owies to our other small forwards.

Owies has averaged 2.8 tackles a game over 72 games, compared to Motlop 2.4/40 games, Durdin 2.5/48 games. Not surprising Fogarty has averaged 3.6 tackles a game over 70 games.

Owies has also kicked more goals than the others, which is a helpful attribute for a forward, particularly over the past two seasons averaging 1.5 goals a game.

Motlop and Durdin are still young (21 and 23) and may or may not improve over time. But the club should not pretend they are currently any better defensively than Owies.

Strange take by the club, when you compare Owies to our other small forwards.

Owies has averaged 2.8 tackles a game over 72 games, compared to Motlop 2.4/40 games, Durdin 2.5/48 games. Not surprising Fogarty has averaged 3.6 tackles a game over 70 games.

Owies has also kicked more goals than the others, which is a helpful attribute for a forward, particularly over the past two seasons averaging 1.5 goals a game.

Motlop and Durdin are still young (21 and 23) and may or may not improve over time. But the club should not pretend they are currently any better defensively than Owies.
They're all rubbish currently.

Our biggest area for improvement this off season whether its internal development or bringing in more talent. 2 quality small forwards would make a world of difference for our team

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back