Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Respect to you and your commitment to the betterment of our club.

Couple of questions.

Even more lazy ect than who?

Move aside from his off field stuff, would you consider him on a 1 year contract with a trigger for a 2nd?

I see him as a bloke who has talent, but hasn’t embraced what is needed to get the best out himself. Still played 200 games, I would hope for him that he realises this is his last shot and with the right guidance and accountability from himself that he could provide a return on the next club who takes a chance.

Pair him with someone like Saad in off season, keep him accountable, if he doesn’t cut it then he’s playing magoos.

I look at this as a risk reward scenario.

As us old supporters would know, some of our premiership players and other during the golden era were not angels.

We are in a window and taking a risk rather than being conservative might just pay off.

Whats the worst that can happen?

I’m not saying we have to get Jake, just move past looking at only cleanskins.

Most are saying keep him away and I respect that, wondering if those also respect another point of view?

I've said earlier in this thread - he looks to me a like a guy who could have one last big season in him.

if we think next year is the year we challenge - could do worse if the price and it works for out list profile.

Some clubs are well aware some players are likely to move, especially for big contracts and decent compensation before free agency coming back
Agree- just not convinced there are pacts or agreements beforehand

Kirribilli Agreements (and similar) often to fall over because circumstances change or people backflip

70S Banjo GIF

Dueling banjos. Great scene, great movie.
Deliverance Dueling Banjos GIF

Lazy, selfish and conditional…..hmmm!! Reckon I’ve heard that of a fair few players over the years.

Never was a fan of Jake, but when invested he certainly can play, my flog meter always kicks in with him though, BUT, if you actually take time to think about it, could you imagine him in a strong forward structure as the 3rd or 4th wheel?? We gave Fantasia a shot, didn’t work. Stringer is certainly not the worst forward option for us. Allows Charlie and Harry to roam. Makes a contest so the smalls (when healthy) can get in and under. Yeah, not sure. Have to be bloody cheap though.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
Still a big believer in the no dickhead policy

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back