Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Assuming 'sizeable' is indicating the length of their current deal, these guys seem the most likely:

Aaron Naughton (Western Bulldogs)

Brennan Cox (Fremantle)

Jake Soligo (Adelaide)
Josh Rachele (Adelaide)
Jack Payne (Brisbane)
Harry Himmelberg (GWS Giants)
Josh Kelly (GWS Giants)
Christian Petracca (Melbourne)

Don't think it's either of the GWS boys. Equally don't think it's Payne.
Petracca we already know about.
Both Crows boys originally from VIC, maybe there's some go-home factor there?
Certainly points towards it likely being Naughton or Cox, of which Naughton seems most likely
I'd take Naughton... as a defender to play next to Weiters. Allows Kemp to stay forward and Gov to play as a loose interceptor.

Assuming 'sizeable' is indicating the length of their current deal, these guys seem the most likely:

Aaron Naughton (Western Bulldogs)

Brennan Cox (Fremantle)

Jake Soligo (Adelaide)
Josh Rachele (Adelaide)
Jack Payne (Brisbane)
Harry Himmelberg (GWS Giants)
Josh Kelly (GWS Giants)
Christian Petracca (Melbourne)

Don't think it's either of the GWS boys. Equally don't think it's Payne.
Petracca we already know about.
Both Crows boys originally from VIC, maybe there's some go-home factor there?
Certainly points towards it likely being Naughton or Cox, of which Naughton seems most likely
How is Naughton most likely? Naughton is a gun forward who has shown himself to also be a very good backman. Is only 24 years of age and would be in the starting lineup of every team in the comp. Whilst I can understand the idea WB possibly being open to a move given their abundance of tall talent, it's highly unlikely they would let Naughton go and if they did, it would not be for 'not much'. There would be plenty of clubs lining up to trade for him at fair value (1 or 2 high picks) and take on the contract.

Based on Soapy's advice of an established player with sizable contract - it would have to be a player who is a few grades down from Naughton or a much older player.

Idiot (not you, me). It happened in June.

I forget about that it happened and couldn’t find anything when I did a (very basic) Google search.

Until end of 2026

img_7861-jpeg.2032654

It has been made VERY clear to me for weeks now and by several people

We want a couple of picks inside Top 25 and Pick 11 is not on the table
4-5 mature players either by trade, DFA or SSP to fill gaps
Picks for Campo twins

How that works and who those names are, is now the question
sounds like we know who we want at pick 11

People writing Luke Parker: please no. Very much a spent force.

He's a liability if he's not being played through in the forward line or used on-ball, and he can't really track the play on-ball any more. He's Sydney's problem.
It has been made VERY clear to me for weeks now and by several people

We want a couple of picks inside Top 25 and Pick 11 is not on the table
4-5 mature players either by trade, DFA or SSP to fill gaps
Picks for Campo twins

How that works and who those names are, is now the question
10 changes total, 39 currently on the senior and cat A list, for which the total is capped at 42.

So another 7 out the door? Wow.

S.Durdin, Young, Kennedy, Carroll, Owies... then what... two of M.Carroll, Fantasia, Pittonet?

People writing Luke Parker: please no. Very much a spent force.

He's a liability if he's not being played through in the forward line or used on-ball, and he can't really track the play on-ball any more. He's Sydney's problem.

10 changes total, 39 currently on the senior and cat A list, for which the total is capped at 42.

So another 7 out the door? Wow.

S.Durdin, Young, Kennedy, Carroll, Owies... then what... two of M.Carroll, Fantasia, Pittonet?
I agree.

I'm taking that rumour with a grain of salt and tempering my expectations. As much as I'm against paying draft picks and money on a HBFer, it seems Houston is our main target and with the Campo twins and Haynes incoming I would only look to bring in two more senior bodies. A tall defender 195cm+ and a burst player like Konstanty.

Not enough space on the list for any more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just checked out his tweets, just another atention seeker.

Careful Aph, Tom will probably post how people on Carlton’s BigFooty are being mean to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back