Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Soapy’s “revelations” are both comforting and terrifying.

I will be ecstatic if we hit the draft with two high picks before covering bids for the Camporeales.

Soap has traditionally wanted multiple experienced types to be added, so hope he is overstating the numbers (sorry mate) Would be acceptable for maybe Haynes and one other on the main list and an SSP type on the rookie list.
I was very supportive of the Haynes link when it first came up, but really would be more comfortable if we could find a genuine tall rather than another hybrid type.

Quite happy that Houston is looking out of reach, but great trepidation at mention of Membrey. We need long term pieces of the puzzle, not revisiting stop gap measure every year or second year. Over paying for a free agent or top end trade does not fit our list balance. We must add in the draft unless opportunity knocks for a talented youngster wanting away from his current club.

Reading between the lines, we are happy to commit next year’s first to add to our current draft hand, and the 2026 first, (plus some) will go for Cody Walker. I wish posters and supporters would get real with this manic desire to trade in everyone remotely linked. The draft has to be our prime method of building the list for the foreseeable future.

We need to embrace Moir, Lord and to a lesser extent Lemmey, Wilson, Binns, O’Keeffe and mould Kemp, Cowan and the Hollands boys in to leaders (would like to add Durds, but needs to get fit and re-establish his credentials.)

Last edited:
Memberey makes absolutely zero sense, declining and a complete waste of a list spot…

Developing Kemp and a returning JSos already have him covered…

We know the particular's types across the lines the team/list needs…

I disagree. If it’s for a cheap contract he at the very least provides a solid backup option to fill in should injuries occur without a significant drop off in talent.

He plays as a third tall who actually leads up at the ball. We don’t have any other forward who does that. Would complement Harry and Charlie perfectly. Kemp is still unproven forward and JSOS we don’t know how he’ll come back from the ACL. It’s insurance more than anything.

I doubt getting him would hinder our chances of filling other needs either. I’d trust him more than Kemp, JSOS or Moir at this point.

How is Naughton most likely? Naughton is a gun forward who has shown himself to also be a very good backman. Is only 24 years of age and would be in the starting lineup of every team in the comp. Whilst I can understand the idea WB possibly being open to a move given their abundance of tall talent, it's highly unlikely they would let Naughton go and if they did, it would not be for 'not much'. There would be plenty of clubs lining up to trade for him at fair value (1 or 2 high picks) and take on the contract.

Based on Soapy's advice of an established player with sizable contract - it would have to be a player who is a few grades down from Naughton or a much older player.

Who in your view better fits that description?

Soapy’s “revelations” are both comforting and terrifying.

I will be ecstatic if we hit the draft with two high picks before covering bids for the Camporeales.

Soap has traditionally wanted multiple experienced types to be added, so hope he is overstating the numbers (sorry mate) Would be acceptable for maybe Haynes and one other on the main list and an SSP type on the rookie list.
I was very supportive of the Haynes link when it first came up, but really would be more comfortable if we could find a genuine tall rather than another hybrid type.

Have I?

Personally, I am an advocate of the draft but also like some balance and I hate injury prone list cloggers

What the club wants and what I believe we should do can be two very different things. My comments on what the club is doing is exactly what I have been told. No bias in it at all

Tim Burton Batman GIF

People writing Luke Parker: please no. Very much a spent force.

He's a liability if he's not being played through in the forward line or used on-ball, and he can't really track the play on-ball any more. He's Sydney's problem.

10 changes total, 39 currently on the senior and cat A list, for which the total is capped at 42.

So another 7 out the door? Wow.

S.Durdin, Young, Kennedy, Carroll, Owies... then what... two of M.Carroll, Fantasia, Pittonet?
Hasn't Matt Carroll already been delisted?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Little exercise for some “needs” perspective. Mindful that in a couple of years we will have multiple years of compromised drafts once again and ridiculously competitive markets (high prices) for upper end trades and free agents.

Team from current listed players under 26 on Jan 1, 2025.

For effect the untried, at senior level, are either bracketed, or listed on the interchange. Left Jack Carroll out pending probable trade.

Back: Cowan, ? , ? .
HB: Ollie Hollands, Kemp, (Wilson)
C: Binns, Cerra, Cottrell
Foll De Koning, Walsh, Lord
HF: Elijah Hollands, (Lemmey), C.Durdin
F: Fogarty, Moir, Motlop
“Bench”
O’Keeffe, M.Carroll, Monahan, (Duffy to be added)
Likely B. Camporeale and L.Camporeale will be added.

Our needs surely are on display.

Last height listed for M.Carroll was 190cm. Expecting a priority assessment of his rehab from injury before a possible delisting. Is a type who would be ideal. Surely Sam Durdin’s future is linked to Lewis Young, with only one retained for next season.

With the Campos coming in and at least Ben being a coalface option and having Cody Walker added in two drafts time, clearly defence, particularly key as well as pace and or x-factor forward and indeed across the ground are surely what we are looking at. The Campos will add a little more zip, but are not express.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back