Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Trainor. Lyndsay suffered a PCL at the end of the season
I get confused with the two, I actually like the look of Trainor.

I still prefer Tauru and Travaglia, I’m just not in love with Berry and Lyndsay like everyone else is on this board.

Berry in particular I worry about his physicality and how he will hold up in the afl level against grown men. Just me I’d prefer Dattoli over Berry

Too skinny to play true KPD well, and just doesn't accumulate as an interceptor with basic defensive responsibilities.

They tried swinging him forward in the VFL and he got found out after 2 games.

This just reads like you've been huffing BF/media draft insights. Hotton should be rated higher than both.

Berry is a very stock standard forward that will get pushed off the ball at the elite level, probably his whole career.

Not sure he has enough of a speed/agility combo to get around that, but he's closer than most and has a good endurance base. Sad case of an undersized mid in the modern game, and reminiscent of Fogarty.

Travaglia when I've watched him has been all arms and legs, repeatedly cooking disposal efforts under basic pressure because he tries to explode from HB every time.

You absolutely do not want to turn Hotton into a power mid, it will destroy the best parts of his game. Just need to build stability in his hips and knees, and teach him not to mindlessly hurtle himself into the air for the football - unless it's absolutely necessary - as well as how to land.

So to be clear, he kicked 13 goals in 13 games for the rest of his NAB League season, which matches up with his VFL output so far.

If he's immediately our best small forward, we're ****ed. He's a slow mark and kick player, like Owies. Not worth a list spot, so I assume he's a possible VFL signing.

If that's true, it's the first time your mate has been a proper source too, because you've both just given him away to other player managers.

I think you're telling the truth, but I think you're being partially fed disinformation, which would be standard fare* this time of year.
You're more of a draft watcher than me but in the highlights I've seen I haven't been overly impressed with Hotton. His kicking action looks a bit funny and he seems a bit chaos. Berry looks a bit smoother and classier in my untrained eye

The cerra part not playing R1 could’ve been a hyperbole from my source but he was defs told he isn’t guaranteed R1 selection and was told we are looking at adding youth and changing up our midfield mix.

The view the club has is to get konstanty and berry as small forwards and try playing Fogarty on ball as well as durdin (rlly rate this he was always touted as a burst inside mid in his draft year).

The club knows we need leg speed.

The player we are looking at as a salary dump is quite the opposite, but is a great addition if he does happen- makes sense why Kennedy is on the table also. All in all the club knows we need speed (this is driven also by stewie dew who will be made offical by the new year) his game style is dynamic and will utilise Saad, Williams, Durdin, Fogarty pace and also harry and Charlie as tall forwards due to fast ball movement.

But yes cerra was given a rocket up the ass and also told he is on the table for Trac-he is open to this given he wanted to go to dees before us when we got him. He would also be their number 1 mid (maybe viney arguably) when Oliver leaves and should Trac leave.

We've needed leg speed for a decade. Still waiting.;)

You're more of a draft watcher than me but in the highlights I've seen I haven't been overly impressed with Hotton. His kicking action looks a bit funny and he seems a bit chaos. Berry looks a bit smoother and classier in my untrained eye
Hannaford for me is more that high intensity chaos type player with hotton sitting in the middle of the two

Tend to agree re Joe Berry. If we recruit him feel we'll end up with another average small forward with deficiencies joining Fogarty, Motlop and Durdin.

I do like like the look of Lindsay and Hotton.

Lindsay is one I'm even less enamoured with: tracks a lot of footy around the ground but rarely escapes, plenty of handling errors and dodgy handballs. Is a prodigious kick when he gets going but how is he finding space and time at the next level?

I think he might wind up being a general defender rather than a mid, to reverse that he needs to find either serious strength or speed.

I wonder if Fiorini is the salary dump player that's been alluded too, maybe in a deal that nets us pick 12.

I doubt goldcoast are in a position to give it away like with Bowes (unfortunately), but if we take Fiorini it might help us get it for unders.

Replaces Kennedy as far as midfield depth.

Hotton is a lankier build, so will look more ungainly at times, particularly stretching out for the ball. Plays through contact a lot better than Berry via a combination of better speed, agility, and general strength.

Bit bandy* legged at the time of his injury though, and so perhaps it would have been his ankles that caused drama if his knee hadn't given way. Will need to gain a little strength through the legs, and the aforementioned issues with aerial judgement and landing.

Hotton just has that extra athletic and general skill edge that sees him dominate games that Berry would instead tick over. Berry is more of a challenge to figure out how you get him into the game at the highest level.

Last edited:
I wonder if Fiorini is the salary dump player that's been alluded too, maybe in a deal that nets us pick 12.

I doubt goldcoast are in a position to give it away like with Bowes (unfortunately), but if we take Fiorini it might help us get it for unders.

Replaces Kennedy as far as midfield depth.
I mentioned him earlier but Soapy V ruled out inside mids

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like a good rumour and or information as much as much as the next guy, but this long post reads like a summary of the last month on here mixed with a list of personal preferences of what he wants/ she wants. I mean Cerra told at the beginning of September he isnt playing Round 1 sometime in March 2025 seems very much far-fetched to me.

Willing to stand corrected however. :think:
He didn’t say Cerra is not playing round 1 but that it’s not guaranteed.

I just can't believe he could have a 'positive' medical - what did they test ?
I can't see him playing Geelong's "end to end fast game" successfully. If they sit him closer to home and reduce the km's he has to cover, he might given them something. They might me able to cover the running aspect for him, he would replace Rohan I guess. He is a strong mark for his size. Good luck to him but I have doubts.

I've watched a couple of games, he does have great team ethos, strong overhead, smart, but I find him lazy, sloppy and rarely does he extend himself

That might change in a professional system, but I wouldn't take him in the 1st round

Lindsay is one I'm even less enamoured with: tracks a lot of footy around the ground but rarely escapes, plenty of handling errors and dodgy handballs. Is a prodigious kick when he gets going but how is he finding space and time at the next level?

I think he might wind up being a general defender rather than a mid, to reverse that he needs to find either serious strength or speed.

Lindsay doesn't lack speed

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back