Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Got to love Port wanting two firsts from us for Houston… but also dealing with Collingwood who have no firsts this year.

Houston, Collingwood might have a problem getting that done.

We don't need Dan Houston and certainly not at that price.

He can stay at Port or knock back on SOS' door.

The AFL hierarchy meddles conspicuously in our game its over governed and stifled, release the shackles and allow players to selected their preferred destination.
Compo picks should be scrapped. It's way too unfair on the other clubs to keep getting shunted down the order.

Houston is a decent player but we don’t really need another half back on big coin. We already have Saad Doc Williams Newman Boyd to play across half back, & half backs are relatively easy to find as opposed to other positions on the field.

Port won’t settle for less than a top 15 pick in a good draft plus change. I say let the pies have him and go after a Key back/small forward or Petracca/SDK this year or next.

And tbh in our structure he would not be a dynamic line breaker we think he would be.

We have somehow turned Saad from an absolute weapon running through the back half offensively and breaking lines into a two step kick around the corner lock down defender.

We don’t have a lack of talent in Houstons position (not denying you can always have more), we lack a game plan that allows that style of offence to thrive.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We should be following the NFL system:

All compensation picks at the start of the third round.

An NFL 3rd round pick is like 500x more valuable than an AFL one. I think free agent compo should start at pick 11 though. Only pushing back teams who've made the finals.

And tbh in our structure he would not be a dynamic line breaker we think he would be.

We have somehow turned Saad from an absolute weapon running through the back half offensively and breaking lines into a two step kick around the corner lock down defender.

We don’t have a lack of talent in Houstons position (not denying you can always have more), we lack a game plan that allows that style of offence to thrive.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We just need to drill it into our players that if you run hard one way, you run twice as hard back the other.
Unfortunately this doesn’t happen atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should be following the NFL system:

All compensation picks at the start of the third round.

Is that so the top teams can keep scalping the best young stars from the shit teams? And the shit teams can just stay shit?

Nah, all that needs to be done, is apply common sense... which unfortunately, is becoming more and more uncommon these days...

Is that so the top teams can keep scalping the best young stars from the shit teams? And the shit teams can just stay shit?

Nah, all that needs to be done, is apply common sense... which unfortunately, is becoming more and more uncommon these days...
Free Agency won’t ever be scrapped if that’s the common sense you’re alluding to.

All for it if it keeps StKilda down the bottom

Free Agency won’t ever be scrapped if that’s the common sense you’re alluding to.

I'm alluding to applying compensation relative to the player leaving...

You don't base it purely on age and contract.

Need to factor in the player's achievements and stature in the game.

If you only allow 3rd round compo, Harley Reid leaves WCE and they get pick 40+? Come on.. that's rubbish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back