Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

You’re dreaming if you think Collingwood give up those 2 for an F1 😂🤣
Why Richards is out of contract and played 8 games, he is not worth much at all .noble himself is no where near worth a pick 12-15 (where we will finish next year) that is a great outcome for Collingwood

Well you’ve been saying we need one. Let’s see how you go
Hawthorn showed how. You identify them 12 months or more out, you commence a dialogue with his manager, you create the space in the cap by moving players on or trading out and then you put an offer on the table. Then you draft one every 2 or 3 years to build a pipeline. Barrass has been an obvious target, but the Hawks also went insurance with Battle, you see how hard they are to score against next season and BTW. in 2024, Hawthorn 276 goals against, Carlton 299 goals against, they have improved their personnel going into 2025 giving them a theoretical advantage.

Previous season Port improvised by chasing best available.

When you are in or nearing the window you can't go into a season with known holes on your list. Shuffle the deck and make things happen. Or follow your approach bury your head in the sand.

He’s a big lad, look at the quads on him

I reckon he does have trouble covering the ground for the full four quarters, more of an anaerobic beast with short explosive efforts

Very, very good in one on one marking contests, appears to be way stronger than his opponents around the same height and weight - so probably just not really built to run 14km at a reasonable intensity
Yeah that's probably a good explanation

Good work, KK!
Hopefully GW has a long hard look at Austin & Lloyd too.They’re certainly in need of astute advice and some support. An important addition and transition for the club, immense expertise in football operations and playing list management.
He’s done it all, great acquisition, last piece to be added under Cook’s guidance as CEO.

Happy If You Say So GIF

Hawthorn showed how. You identify them 12 months or more out, you commence a dialogue with his manager, you create the space in the cap by moving players on or trading out and then you put an offer on the table. Then you draft one every 2 or 3 years to build a pipeline. Barrass has been an obvious target, but the Hawks also went insurance with Battle, you see how hard they are to score against next season and BTW. in 2024, Hawthorn 276 goals against, Carlton 299 goals against, they have improved their personnel going into 2025 giving them a theoretical advantage.

When you are in or nearing the window you can't go into a season with known holes on your list. Shuffle the deck and make things happen. Or follow your approach bury your head in the sand.
Yeah but this year. What moves are you making and who are you bringing in? You commented on my idea of trading picks and asked about a key back.

What are you wanting to have happen from this point on with what we currently have?

How do you know we haven't done this with SDK, Leek and Balta all coming ooc next year? Need to work with what's available.

Port "improvised"? By what, bringing in potatoes like Zerk-Thatcher and Esava?

We have bigger holes to plug than a second KPD... midfield and small forwards. Like I mentioned previously, if a second KPD was our biggest worry why were we down 60-0 despite Young doing a good job?

I know this Owies wage has been reported but do we reckon it’s actually true?

I mean, I was staggered we’d not offered him a contract but that would make sense as to why

What’s a 30 goal small forward worth who is kind of a liability outside forward 50 worth? $500k?

I mean, I was staggered we’d not offered him a contract but that would make sense as to why

What’s a 30 goal small forward worth who is kind of a liability outside forward 50 worth? $500k?
Question I have is what is the relationship like between he and the club? If we offer him what he is worth, would he still be happy to play with us? I havent heard anything to suggest the relationship has broken down to such an extent, although I would imagine he would be annoyed we havent put a contract to him yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the source is "rival clubs believe", I'd say it's potentially a load of shit.

Bain (Owies' manager) has rubbished the reports, which were frankly unbelievable. It's the Hun making it up.

Unfortunately it's not sounding like we're going to get much for him.

His manager has confirmed its rubbish.

I suspect what's happened is we delayed negotiations with him because we knew he'd be entitled to decent pay, but didn't yet know how much we could offer and he was down the priority list.

In contrast guys like Durdin would have been willing to sign on for mimum wage so we were happy to lock that in.

Now it's come to the end of the year and list spots are tighter then expected so he might be forced out.

So it's not that we rate him below some of the others we have signed. It's just that we have gone early signing alot of our fringe players and now don't have the list spots.

His manager has confirmed its rubbish.

I suspect what's happened is we delayed negotiations with him because we knew he'd be entitled to decent pay, but didn't yet know how much we could offer and he was down the priority list.

In contrast guys like Durdin would have been willing to sign on for mimum wage so we were happy to lock that in.

Now it's come to the end of the year and list spots are tighter then expected so he might be forced out.

So it's not that we rate him below some of the others we have signed. It's just that we have gone early signing alot of our fringe players and now don't have the list spots.

I hope we learn from this. We signed Cottrell for 3 years in March, Durdin and Boyd for 2 years in May, Fog for 2 years in June.

I know we probably got them all for bottom dollar but we do limit ourselves to re-signing our fringe players so early and for multi year deals.

Not saying they didn't deserve contracts (though I would delist Durdin before Owies and Carroll) just that the rush to do it carries risk.

No other club would offer Cotts 3 years. Hes the type of player that should be on a 1-2 year contract. Durdin wouldn't be on a list in 2025 if he hadn't signed that deal. Boyd worth 1 year. Fog I'm happy with 2 but even he could be 1.

Combination of SoS/Kemp, Durdin/Motlop, Elijah, Williams/Doc as the main players.
Midfield with Walsh and Cerra fitter will also help.
Scoreboard won't be the issue.
Love your optimism Surrey.

Reality is we’ve scored over 2000 points in a season only 3 times in the past 13 years - this year (2151 pts), in 2013 (2125 pts) and 2012 (2079 pts).

A lot of things need to go right (fitness, form, reliability) for the above mentioned players to consistently hit the scoreboard. Here’s hoping.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back