Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Just listening to Cornes and Edmund about his managers contract - but thank you for the above guys!

So funny how reporters just run with complete bullshit 🤣

I hope we learn from this. We signed Cottrell for 3 years in March, Durdin and Boyd for 2 years in May, Fog for 2 years in June.

I know we probably got them all for bottom dollar but we do limit ourselves to re-signing our fringe players so early and for multi year deals.

Not saying they didn't deserve contracts (though I would delist Durdin before Owies and Carroll) just that the rush to do it carries risk.

No other club would offer Cotts 3 years. Hes the type of player that should be on a 1-2 year contract. Durdin wouldn't be on a list in 2025 if he hadn't signed that deal. Boyd worth 1 year. Fog I'm happy with 2 but even he could be 1.
I agree with you re contact for Cotts, 3 years is too many.

But Owies vs Durdin is a different story. Owies has given more output for sure but Durdin has yet to have a clean run at it and is 5 years younger.

I’d rather take the chance with durds

I agree with you re contact for Cotts, 3 years is too many.

But Owies vs Durdin is a different story. Owies has given more output for sure but Durdin has yet to have a clean run at it and is 5 years younger.

I’d rather take the chance with durds

Fair enough on Durdin vs Owies.

Though regardless I dont think there was a need to sign him for 2 that early. He wasn't even best 22 at that stage. Nobody was coming for him. I think if we delisted him tomorrow he doesn't get a contract with anyone. Probably gets a trial for a rookie spot over summer.

Matt Kennedy, no taker has emerged so is likely to return to Carlton. Similar with Lewis Young." @CalTwomey

— AFL Trade Radio (@traderadio) October 9, 2024

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matt Kennedy, no taker has emerged so is likely to return to Carlton. Similar with Lewis Young." @CalTwomey

— AFL Trade Radio (@traderadio) October 9, 2024

Re: Kennedy I don't buy this

He has spoken with a couple of clubs. My take is he is something that may well be done later on the cheap once everything else plays out. Clubs know they can get him easy and know his salary

Like Owies he is not someone you need to jump at straight away but will likely happen

Last edited:
Re: Kennedy I don't buy this

He has spoken with a couple of clubs. My take is he is something that may well be done later on the cheap once everything else plays out. Clubs know they can get him easy and know his salary

Like Owies he is not someone you need to jump at straight away
Could be wrong here, but my take is that Bam Bam and Owies need to find new homes. We desperately need the list spots

to accomplish what we are aiming for. I hope for Kennedys sake that he leaves us, he should get a lot more opportunity at

another club. He is a bit unlucky that we have so many plodders, leg-speed is very sexy these days.

On Owies, would have thought a team like norf could accommodate him. Lot to play out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back