Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon it's laughable that anyone could think we would even consider letting Owies go.
Matty bleeds navy and aint going anywhere.

Erm.. he's out of contract and it's the end of September and we've asked him to explore a trade.

How is it 'laughable' that we would 'consider' it? It's literally being considered & likely executed... not sure how much more obvious it can be?

Sadly, as I discussed with several people on here meetings we had with senior players last Monday after Lions loss didn't really solve anything. Interesting the names mentioned as possible trades are the ones I mentioned as not being happy and there are more players involved.

There is probably more concerns and rumours coming from the club than I have heard in 3 years.

There is a lot of frustration amongst the playing group. Especially senior players. This has been bubbling along for a few months and IMO this has been shown in results.

It seems internally the coaches and LM are blaming the players? This is where the issues seem to lie.

The club is at a real cross roads in regards to it's football department. These things need to be fixed and addressed. Voss won't be sacked (I don't think) but he needs to take things on board or he will really lose the group. If he can I can see us being Top 4 and if he doesn't we could fall dramatically.

Game plan, style and expectations seems to be the major issue but there are issues with List balance, contracts and who we are possibly targeting.

As I have said for months we are speaking with anyone and everyone and there will be a minimum 8-10 changes. Houston wasn't a target of Austin but Voss is pushing for him. What will happen I have no idea.

This is where Cook needs to step up and I have concerns about Lloyd. IMO, A strong Head of Football wouldn't have let these issues fester

Fingers crossed we can sort this and soon. I never would have believed this 6 months ago. Next 4-6 weeks will determine a lot of our future. I believe it's this serious

The old Crazy Vossy nickname is thundering back into relevance.

He has lost many of the players. The rest will follow soon.

Voss and Lloyd are holding us back.

Cook step up and make a decision.

Sadly, as I discussed with several people on here meetings we had with senior players last Monday after Lions loss didn't really solve anything. Interesting the names mentioned as possible trades are the ones I mentioned as not being happy and there are more players involved.

There is probably more concerns and rumours coming from the club than I have heard in 3 years.

There is a lot of frustration amongst the playing group. Especially senior players. This has been bubbling along for a few months and IMO this has been shown in results.

It seems internally the coaches and LM are blaming the players? This is where the issues seem to lie.

The club is at a real cross roads in regards to it's football department. These things need to be fixed and addressed. Voss won't be sacked (I don't think) but he needs to take things on board or he will really lose the group. If he can I can see us being Top 4 and if he doesn't we could fall dramatically.

Game plan, style and expectations seems to be the major issue but there are issues with List balance, contracts and who we are possibly targeting.

As I have said for months we are speaking with anyone and everyone and there will be a minimum 8-10 changes. Houston wasn't a target of Austin but Voss is pushing for him. What will happen I have no idea.

This is where Cook needs to step up and I have concerns about Lloyd. IMO, A strong Head of Football wouldn't have let these issues fester

Fingers crossed we can sort this and soon. I never would have believed this 6 months ago. Next 4-6 weeks will determine a lot of our future. I believe it's this serious
Depending on how bad the situation is, you'd hope the wheels don't fall off as we go into next season

We started a full rebuild and got in the players which was good

Off-field flying with record memberships

Russell may have been ok if not for the injury prones (not sure)

but the one important ingredient in all of this that we've struggled with is finding a good coach..

Sadly, Voss might deliver the final blow to this rebuild :shoutyoldman:

Like some role players in the KPD and small fwd areas? Ah wait we are telling Young and Owies to explore trades too.

Sorry, I can't make sense of any of this. To me it just looks like we're trying to clear space to land a Petracca/Houston type, which pisses me right off.

Talent is not our issue.

Was Collingwood the most talented team last year?
Geelong the year before?

Was the Richmond era any more talented than our group now? No, they picked up team role players like Lambert, Edwards which allowed Dusty to be Dusty.

I'll remind you, we have 7 All Australian's in our starting 18, 6 of which are still in their prime (Cripps, Walsh, Saad, Curnow, McKay, Weitering) - how many more do we need until our list is deemed talented enough?

It's a serious cliche but a champion team always beats a team of champions.

And if, IF Vossy is going to the LM team and saying he doesn't have enough talent so he needs Houston, then he's just trying to save face for the poor job he's doing.

None of the aforementioned are assisting in elite disposal or quick ball movement (Saad dropped off badly and needs to return) hence the chase for Houston to solve some problems.

Voss is a great motivational coach. He needs to be paired with strategic assistants. Pity Sayers, lloyd and Cook did not build the right team. If Voss loses the players he has to go or is this another chapter, in Carlton's poor player culture or an unfounded rumour?

We're stuck with crazy V now, but it's refreshing to see that he appears to acknowledge that the slow - contested plan is failing and we are now attempting to embrace 21st century footy styles.

Even a few of the bigfooty 'legends' are beginning to accept that Cripps, George and Kennedy aren't in our best midfield combination.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is complete fabrication.

There are disgruntled players at every club.

Of course there are frustrations - we lost 6 of 8 games and got smashed in the EF after being 2nd on the ladder.

I would be concerned if there WASN'T frustrations.

None of the aforementioned are assisting in elite disposal or quick ball movement (Saad dropped off badly and needs to return) hence the chase for Houston to solve some problems.

Quick ball movement & elite disposal will be completely worthless if our game plan remains kick it long to Charlie & Harry and get a stoppage.

I'm even worse.

I still believe in Setanta...
Modernfamily GIF by ABC Network

I'm really not worried about our situation at this stage. List issues have been a glaring weakness for 2 years now and look to finally be being addressed. Last year we got on a roll and had a miraculous run where Cunners, Marchy, Martin, Mcgov etc all got healthy at the right time and both our game plan and our talent looked fantastic. Consistency and health has always been this playing groups biggest issue and its come to the point where changes must be made.

Lloyd as head of footy has never impressed me but don't know what he's like behind closed doors.

Some key changes to our list should allow our coaching team to work with some more freedom. At the moment we're a one dimensional list and we play accordingly. Add more variety and class and I'd bet we'll see more flare in our game play.

Quick ball movement & elite disposal will be completely worthless if our game plan remains kick it long to Charlie & Harry and get a stoppage.
But it’s not. When we’re running the ball we’re a completely different side, which is our intended game.

When we’re butchering the ball into fwd50 we’re impinging on ourselves.

Need to fix the dysfunctional forward line, cohesion + roles of those playing in the fwd50.

If the rumour is true blame Sayers for not fixing the football department 2 years ago. Sayers is a flake and we are witnessing the results of consultancy culture
Ugh.... Please no. Sayers is a brute. He's a ruthless all out operator who pushed every boundary he could and gave 0 ****s about burning bridges. He got results and moved up by being that ruthless...

He may not be a suitable type for running a football club but flake is nonsensical.

I'm really not worried about our situation at this stage. List issues have been a glaring weakness for 2 years now and look to finally be being addressed. Last year we got on a roll and had a miraculous run where Cunners, Marchy, Martin, Mcgov etc all got healthy at the right team and both our game plan and our talent looked up to scratch. Consistency has always been this playing groups biggest issue

Lloyd as head of footy has never impressed me but don't know what he's like behind closed doors.

Some key changes to our list should allow our coaching team to work with some more freedom. At the moment we're a one dimensional list and we play accordingly. Add more variety and class and I'd bet we'll see more flare in our game play.
Agreed - it would also be a huge concern to me from the playing group perspective, if after making finals in consecutive years for the first time in a decade, and just missing out on a GF, that the collective group would lose faith in Voss as some have alluded too.

Individual fringe players, sure. But not the band of senior players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back