Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello Baggers fans,

I’d like to let you know that I have ties to the Carlton Football Club, though I can't reveal my identity for confidentiality reasons. It’s important to understand that the club is undergoing a strategic transformation aimed at securing the ultimate success as soon as possible. This involves making tough decisions, including parting with some talented players. While it might seem harsh, these moves are designed to pave the way for bringing in higher-caliber talent that will enhance our chances of winning the premiership in 2025 and hopefully beyond. The club's commitment to becoming a premier team means making these difficult choices now for a brighter future.

Feel free to ask questions, and I’ll do my best to address them. However, please keep in mind that I might not be able to provide specific answers due to confidentiality.
Go Blues!
A wild Barrass70 appears!
tim burton batman GIF

New job just popped up at the club
“Membership Sales Lead” here’s the opening to get someone from here on the “inside”.

Between us all, we can give the references & job bonafides to be the best candidate
ferrisb (FYI- he’s ex ASIO & CIA trained) can help u learn to extract info & get it back to us.

Who’s stepping up to be our mole?

Feel free to nominate contenders for the role 😉

I actually went to school with someone in a decent position at Carlton.

Unfort we aren't close enough to share any inside goss. :(

Have heard some interesting Fev stories over the years tho...

The problem is we have too much depth in the one position...slow inside mids. Kennedy has some value and can hopefully get us players in positions of need.

Like some role players in the KPD and small fwd areas? Ah wait we are telling Young and Owies to explore trades too.

Sorry, I can't make sense of any of this. To me it just looks like we're trying to clear space to land a Petracca/Houston type, which pisses me right off.

Talent is not our issue.

Was Collingwood the most talented team last year?
Geelong the year before?

Was the Richmond era any more talented than our group now? No, they picked up team role players like Lambert, Edwards which allowed Dusty to be Dusty.

I'll remind you, we have 7 All Australian's in our starting 18, 6 of which are still in their prime (Cripps, Walsh, Saad, Curnow, McKay, Weitering) - how many more do we need until our list is deemed talented enough?

It's a serious cliche but a champion team always beats a team of champions.

And if, IF Vossy is going to the LM team and saying he doesn't have enough talent so he needs Houston, then he's just trying to save face for the poor job he's doing.

New job just popped up at the club
“Membership Sales Lead” here’s the opening to get someone from here on the “inside”.

Between us all, we can give the references & job bonafides to be the best candidate
ferrisb (FYI- he’s ex ASIO & CIA trained) can help u learn to extract info & get it back to us.

Who’s stepping up to be our mole?

Feel free to nominate contenders for the role 😉
Pass on being the mole, presidency soon to become vacant!

Like some role players in the KPD and small fwd areas? Ah wait we are telling Young and Owies to explore trades too.
Cleary reported yesterday that Kennedy wants more midfield minutes whereas the club see him more as a HF in the current team. If a mutually beneficial trade opportunity arises why wouldn't the club look at it?

Unless we want to roll out Cripps/Kennedy/Hewett CBAs again which imo are a disaster he may not even be in the 23 at the start of 2025.

Cleary reported yesterday that Kennedy wants more midfield minutes whereas the club see him more as a HF in the current team. If a mutually beneficial trade opportunity arises why wouldn't the club look at it?

Unless we want to roll out Cripps/Kennedy/Hewett CBAs again which imo are a disaster he may not even be in the 23 at the start of 2025.
Sos will try to get him and for pick 50 too.

Pass on being the mole, presidency soon to become vacant!
Always have a better chance of the job if your an internal candidate, you have 12 months to go from Membership Sales Lead to President!

We all buy an extra membership or 2 we can get u promoted in a hurry 😉

Sos will try to get him and for pick 50 too.
Unless salary cap is a real issue I wouldn't be trading Kennedy for a pick like that. He is contracted. I think something in the 30-40 range is about right...? He's pretty durable and versatile. Would be a starting inside mid straight away for a lot of teams

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess they made a decision between Durdin and Owies? (but yes interesting, wont be worth a whole heap either)

If that’s the case, they’ve made the wrong decision. One kicked 33 goals and the other…. does a lot less.

Trading away our depth for MORE talent?

I really thought our issues stem from not enough reliable depth players who play their role every week.

But apparently we don’t have enough talented players? We have 8 AA players in our starting 18….

Moving on the injury prone will allow us to target more depth/role players

But if we are now targeting more speed across the park, it would be poor list management to have 2 of Kennedy, Hewett, Lord and Carroll languishing at VFL level

I doubt anyone wants to lose any of those players, but we do need to address our shortfalls

Yeah, that's fine. I still believe in keeping good depth as long as possible until a lower club pinches them with a better offer, but if Kennedy wants guaranteed midfield minutes then sure, that one is ok.

Owies & Young? Not superstars but again, good depth.

A good squad of 30 wins flags.

Yeah, that's fine. I still believe in keeping good depth as long as possible until a lower club pinches them with a better offer, but if Kennedy wants guaranteed midfield minutes then sure, that one is ok.

Owies & Young? Not superstars but again, good depth.

A good squad of 30 wins flags.
Yeh I don't agree with the Young one at all. Haynes is in my mind replacing Marchbank - need to be bringing in another ready-to-play KPD or holding on to Young

Reckon it's laughable to think we would even consider letting Owies go.
I see no reason to keep a small who plays like a third tall in the team if we run into next season with kempy or jsos as third tall then the owies slot needs to be a pressure small forward who - you know - can actually pick the ball up off the ground.... Owies is a mid size forward in a small body who can't pressure and gets tackles by being second to the crumb. Open space pressure is nothing, impact against good teams is none.

Harry + Charles as the talls
Kemp/jsos as the third.
2 of Moir/Elijah/fog as half forwards probably forgetting a name here too.
That structure means the next 2 names HAVE to be smalls and they have to be good at crumbing and laying chase down tackles.

Williams is reasonable at these things when fit. Owies is not. Reckon there's a gaping hole there for a gun at this job description. I strongly believe that it doesn't fit owies at all.

Hello Baggers fans,

I’d like to let you know that I have ties to the Carlton Football Club, though I can't reveal my identity for confidentiality reasons. It’s important to understand that the club is undergoing a strategic transformation aimed at securing the ultimate success as soon as possible. This involves making tough decisions, including parting with some talented players. While it might seem harsh, these moves are designed to pave the way for bringing in higher-caliber talent that will enhance our chances of winning the premiership in 2025 and hopefully beyond. The club's commitment to becoming a premier team means making these difficult choices now for a brighter future.

Feel free to ask questions, and I’ll do my best to address them. However, please keep in mind that I might not be able to provide specific answers due to confidentiality.
Go Blues!
I totally agree with the more aggressive approach to list management because the current list is unbalanced, ageing and lacks speed and flair. Quite frankly list management for the past 4 years has been poor and devoid of strategy. Recruiting Houston seems like a repetition of the sins of the past. Paying high salary, high draft pick for a 28 year old flanker type

But if we are now targeting more speed across the park, it would be poor list management to have 2 of Kennedy, Hewett, Lord and Carroll languishing at VFL level

I doubt anyone wants to lose any of those players, but we do need to address our shortfalls
Yep. We have to start making unsentimental decisions that give us a better chance at success.

Sadly, as I discussed with several people on here meetings we had with senior players last Monday after Lions loss didn't really solve anything. Interesting the names mentioned as possible trades are the ones I mentioned as not being happy and there are more players involved.

There is probably more concerns and rumours coming from the club than I have heard in 3 years.

There is a lot of frustration amongst the playing group. Especially senior players. This has been bubbling along for a few months and IMO this has been shown in results.

It seems internally the coaches and LM are blaming the players? This is where the issues seem to lie.

The club is at a real cross roads in regards to it's football department. These things need to be fixed and addressed. Voss won't be sacked (I don't think) but he needs to take things on board or he will really lose the group. If he can I can see us being Top 4 and if he doesn't we could fall dramatically.

Game plan, style and expectations seems to be the major issue but there are issues with List balance, contracts and who we are possibly targeting.

As I have said for months we are speaking with anyone and everyone and there will be a minimum 8-10 changes. Houston wasn't a target of Austin but Voss is pushing for him. What will happen I have no idea.

This is where Cook needs to step up and I have concerns about Lloyd. IMO, A strong Head of Football wouldn't have let these issues fester

Fingers crossed we can sort this and soon. I never would have believed this 6 months ago. Next 4-6 weeks will determine a lot of our future. I believe it's this serious

Arr0w, I always appreciate your perspective. Is your guess that if Kennedy goes, then Carroll stays?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back