Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll ask you one question.

How often is the ball turned over by our lot coming out of D50?

Answer? Way too much.

Yes, he would move the needle considerably for us.

Yes, stats don’t always show the full picture, but I’d absolutely argue that half back is nowhere near a position of need, no matter how elite.

I’d also argue that Newman is not that far off of Houston in terms of kicking ability, and he’s a better defender.

We are ok.

If we get Houston at our price, perfect, if not, we move forward.

69a8d853ea08366cc77c2d711f17c64e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just want Graham Wright to come in on Monday, get one over his old side and help us get Houston for Owies and a future 4th …

Don’t think I’m asking for too much

Let the bloke complete his induction and find the coffee machine first.

But in all seriousness, one would expect that part of his transition-in will involve gaining a deep understanding of the business/club and identifying any gaps. It’s more than likely that recommendations on how to dismantle the filth will be a key part of that analysis.

Just heard from a friend of a friend that we are interesting in trading picks for Jimmy Plunkett

#Truemour
all jokes aside he's not at melbourne anymore has just formed a consultancy with greg stafford and crows head of fitness, darren burgess.

being simon goodwin's chosen head of leadership and culture is like being gympie's most errudite resident

Speaking of rookies, I see Dan Houston originated as a pick 45 Rookie Draft player. Goes to show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yep, strategic failure on our part to have so few OOC this year and so many next year
Is this right?
After the draft last year we had 16 players out of contract in 2024 (including Cincotta who since hit a trigger).
Right now we have 18 players whose contracts end next year. I'm sure this number will be reduced over the next couple of months, so it will be pretty similar.

Is this right?
After the draft last year we had 16 players out of contract in 2024 (including Cincotta who since hit a trigger).
Right now we have 18 players whose contracts end next year. I'm sure this number will be reduced over the next couple of months, so it will be pretty similar.
in my opinion it's normal to limit the number through the year with re-signings but us trying give away contracted players like kennedy and young to create list spots shows something is off this year. i'd prefer to have more players waiting and a more varied mix of players OOC at the season end, giving us more freedom to move, to delist or refresh.

Yes, stats don’t always show the full picture, but I’d absolutely argue that half back is nowhere near a position of need, no matter how elite.

I’d also argue that Newman is not that far off of Houston in terms of kicking ability, and he’s a better defender.

We are ok.

If we get Houston at our price, perfect, if not, we move forward.

69a8d853ea08366cc77c2d711f17c64e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That also misses the fact that Newy, Saad, Doc have - at best (in the case of Doc/Newy) 1-2 season left....

That also misses the fact that Newy, Saad, Doc have - at best (in the case of Doc/Newy) 1-2 season left....

I’d argue 3 years for Newy (Half backs can last longer than most other positions)

Also, you’re not taking into consideration how good and handy the drafted players will be, and we will (hopefully) get 10+ years out of them.

We will absolutely be fine with or without Houston, don’t let the wanting of the shiny new toy fool you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back