Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Having Charlie and Harry, coupled with Lalor and Walker over the next few years as medium forwards who can go through the midfield would put our forward line at the top imo. Hopefully we either have the smalls currently or in the near future that can step up in what could seriously be a dominant forward line
No point having a cracked forward line if the mids can’t get it to them, and with quality delivery.

Last edited:

The main thing that surprises me with the rumoured deal is how we are getting two picks in the 60s plus a mid-range draft pick along with 3 for 12+14. If it is real it might be too good of a deal for Austin to pass up...
Not to mention needing list spots before all those can be taken to the draft (therefore they probably get consolidated)

The players and the coach want him. Adding a great talent that the team and coach want is huge.
If they still say no, I'd say...yep pretty arrogant.
And again I'm gunna emphasise that my stance says one of each.
One Houston or equal talent level
One high quality draft pick.
Balance. Flag contention. Makes sense to me. And maybe a few others. 🥂
Players all jumped on the Teague Train too. How did that go?
Players aren’t List managers for a reason!

Can we stick with 12 & 14 please?

I feel like we have good options there, but feel like we miss out on that big point of difference we're hoping for at what might shake out as pick 4 - or even 5 - on the night.

I feel like we have good options there, but feel like we miss out on that big point of difference we're hoping for at what might shake out as pick 4 - or even 5 - on the night.
I’m with u, there’s every chance 12 or 14 have as big an impact as 3.
Rather have 2 cracks at it with an outside chance of pushing one of them up with Owies/Kennedy picks.
Trading out a whole heap of future players just for 1 pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just an opinion but I think Smillie is that big point of difference if we trade up. Bull mid and measured 195.5cm at Combine. Good disposal, could play KP also.

Players all jumped on the Teague Train too. How did that go?
Players aren’t List managers for a reason!
Houston is Teague now?
We know Houston is a quality player, and it's a different scenario.
If the rumours are true
We are getting just one top quality player in the draft.
Not 1 quality draft pick and one quality trade.
Is that the best possible move for us?

Who knows?

You'd think Houston and a draft pick or even 2 draft picks might be better, but again...it's all in Lloyd and Austin's hands isn't it.

Maybe it's an amazing move. Time will tell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back