Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

I posted this a couple of weeks ago. We have been speaking with him since end of our season

Fits in with getting picks and then role players for nothing

How will we get him ? Late trade ? SSP train on is mid next year isn’t it. And as a Rookie he will need to bypass other teams before us. I like this type of risk transaction.

How will we get him ? Late trade ? SSP train on is mid next year isn’t it. And as a Rookie he will need to bypass other teams before us. I like this type of risk transaction.
It would be rookie draft at the earliest.
If we take him as a train on player with a look to SSP, last year’s dates were 27/11 - 14/12 & 15/1 - 19/2.

He’d have to have more upside than S. Durdin so seems like a smart play by us. Interesting that we’ve been linked to both Hawks defenders on the outer (Phillips and DGB). Phillips would be the more ready to go option. DGB probably the more talented prospect.

Does DGB play with aggression and a bit of mongrel? I feel like this is super important for key defenders. We don’t want the Schache types who have talent but no intensity and mongrel.
I’ve got a feeling that the aggression may be a missing component.

Also moved from defence to forward as it wasn’t working for him.

Had some decent game/s at WAFL seniors level IIRC before drafting. Think one was on a fellow draftee KPF (Swans vs Claremont, Logan McDonald)

Interesting that we’d have pick# 6 & 7 from 2020 draft ahead of Saad’s pick#8 (10)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve got a feeling that the aggression may be a missing component.

A bloke that played a hand in his development has questioned how much desire he has to be an AFL player.

They've been unable to improve much of him physically - strength and endurance/tank.

Been injury prone that hasn't helped.

He has a lot of ability and untapped potential and the right development coach (Power?) might be able to get the best out of him and help him get up the grade. If he falls it won't be for a lack of skill

Just a reminder that Vossy getting what he wanted and asked for didn't end well in Brisbane.

He can tell the list management and footy department what he wants and what he needs but ultimately it's a team effort.

A coach will always look at the short-term solution.

We've become a club that has a continuous improvement philosophy from the way the club is run from top to bottom thanks to Sayers and especially Brian Cook.

Graham Wright is supposedly of the same overall philosophy.

The coach won't always get specifically (target wise) what they want.

But he asked for defender depth - we've addressed that with Haynes and potentially DBG

He's asked for two way runners - we're likely addressing that in the draft with our top pick(s) and Campos.

The rest is on the footy dept to address those wants with long-term needs and signs are strong v
I'm happy that you'r happy Wick! 🙂💙

The way I see it Haynes is replacing Marchbank and DGB (if it eventuates) would be replacing S.Durdin.

If nothing else eventuates with KPDs in the draft/trade going from Marchbank/S.Durdin to Haynes and DGB for 2025 seems like a decent upgrade at no cost.

Would be pretty happy with Weitering/Haynes/Young/DGB as our KPDs for 25'

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back