Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

LDU and Cerra will be 10+ year footballers. Dow will not be.

My point is putting all our eggs (12, F1 and F2) into one basket (3) is a risky move.

12, F1 and F2 on the trade market would get you an A+ player on the trade market. And Pick 3 is an untried footballer. It’s risky.

You don’t hit every pick every time. We f**ked pick 3 in the past and many many other high picks - Dow, SPS, Philp, OBrien, Stocker, Lucas, Boekhurst, Bootsma, etc etc
Not that I necessarily disagree with your main point, but most of those players weren't even close to pick 3.

I don’t get this narrative that 12 and 14 will become 14 and 16 after FS and academy. Doesn’t mean anything really. We wouldn’t have access to them anyway. It doesn’t affect the positions at all. Ashcroft goes to Lions as planned. Lombard to GC. Doesn’t affect the rest of the draft. Doesn’t mean these teams jump above us. Points yes. But not our place in the draft.

A suggestion on the Eagles board was #3 and #63 for #12, #14, whatever we get for Kennedy and Moir.

I'd hope we ran from that at a great rate of knots.

This is potentially in the works because the Eagles need something. We are not necessarily chasing it hard.

Not that I necessarily disagree with your main point, but most of those players weren't even close to pick 3.

Yes that is obviously true. But that miss list was coupled with hits: TDK (30 in the Dow draft), Walsh (1 in the Stocker draft), Kemp (17 in the Philp draft), and so on.

Law of probabilities are such that picking from 12, F1 and F2 is a less riskier proposition than picking from 3 only.

Let's be honest there is no sugar coating it. Denver Grainger-Barras has been an abject failure. If he was a Carlton player he would have been a total whipping boy on this site.

But if we get him for nothing he only has to offer us more than S. Durdin. That's a pretty low bar to get over.
Young is better.

In terms of visibility. They are not getting any hype because they are going to be father/son and aren't another Ashcroft coming along.

Ben was named SA's MVP and was Captain. He made the U18 AA side. I have no idea why he is sliding as much as he is but I think he is going to be way better than where he is currently ranked by most scribes.

Lucas was not up to Ben's level this year, but before that had been tracking fairly closely to his twin brother.

The point is that I don't believe we are getting players that wouldn't be picked up if there last name wasn't Camporeale. I'd say there would be more hype on them if they were available to every team.

It's funny. Many on this board were hoping the twins would slide earlier in the year. Now they have (not even due to their form) we are questioning whether we should draft them😅

I don’t get this narrative that 12 and 14 will become 14 and 16 after FS and academy. Doesn’t mean anything really. We wouldn’t have access to them anyway. It doesn’t affect the positions at all. Ashcroft goes to Lions as planned. Lombard to GC. Doesn’t affect the rest of the draft. Doesn’t mean these teams jump above us. Points yes. But not our place in the draft.

It just matters in terms of what those picks bring historically. If we pick at 14 and 17 for example after the Kako pick, then theoretically be are getting the 14th and 17th best players in the draft.

In terms of visibility. They are not getting any hype because they are going to be father/son and aren't another Ashcroft coming along.

Ben was named SA's MVP and was Captain. He made the U18 AA side. I have no idea why he is sliding as much as he is but I think he is going to be way better than where he is currently ranked by most scribes.

Lucas was not up to Ben's level this year, but before that had been tracking fairly closely to his twin brother.

The point is that I don't believe we are getting players that wouldn't be picked up if there last name wasn't Camporeale. I'd say there would be more hype on them if they were available to every team.
As we have had so few F/S options over the years I’m not sure how it works - do we need to nominate them, or do they choose us?

Yeah I never understand that argument either. Those are players that aren’t realistically in the pool of available players for us to pick from anyway. See that argument pop up on BigFooty year after year.

Yes that is obviously true. But that miss list was coupled with hits: TDK (30 in the Dow draft), Walsh (1 in the Stocker draft), Kemp (17 in the Philp draft), and so on.

Law of probabilities are such that picking from 12, F1 and F2 is a less riskier proposition than picking from 3 only.

Not on the evidence that ferris posted earlier. Remember that we also want a player who can impact while the majority of our gun players are still firing.

As we have had so few F/S options over the years I’m not sure how it works - do we need to nominate them, or do they choose us?

Both I believe.

It just matters in terms of what those picks bring historically. If we pick at 14 and 17 for example after the Kako pick, then theoretically be are getting the 14th and 17th best players in the draft.

It's an artificial draft ranking that only benefits us. We should be grateful.

Our recruiting department need to back themselves in with some great picks here. The easy way out is to sell the farm, and take a top 3 pick, but get picks 12 and 14 right and you might have another Harry and Cripps as an example. They say this draft is deep with talent, then earn your money. We have sold a future 1st and current 2nd for 14. Make it worth while!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A suggestion on the Eagles board was #3 and #63 for #12, #14, whatever we get for Kennedy and Moir.

I'd hope we ran from that at a great rate of knots.

This is potentially in the works because the Eagles need something. We are not necessarily chasing it hard.
Why are we sharking Ashton Moir off?

Father Son is a special part of our game. The campo twins don’t need to perform at combines because we will already have their stats from training in our F/S program.
I’m sure if the club has given them a handshake agreement that we will list them then they won’t even talk to other clubs we may have even asked them to back off as to lower their values.
It sounds like in an open draft Ben may have received a bid in the late teens early 20’s but if your another club and you don’t really know would you really risk a bid that high? I could see SOS putting a bid in at 27 if he is trying to buy time as he sells the pick or just as a way to kick us in the guts but if we get past there we will probably have the points to match. They might not be the ace in our hand after draft night but hopefully in a year or two we will have the other 17 clubs looking like fools because Carlton got them for free.

Not a Bluemor as such but was listening to SEN earlier today and Pickers had someone text in asking if we'd use pick 12 or 14 for Houston. He said we'd be taking both picks to the draft and seemed very confident in saying it.

Also said that this is a very good draft, you'd assume he'd have plenty of knowledge in this area.

Plus what they get for Barrass

Ben is a hard working solid in and under midfielder , good hands but kicking lets him down, only issue he’s not what we need. Lucas has the better leg and will settle well on a wing or half back flank. Both good lads talented , will play plenty of footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back