Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

I think supporters are always going to be extra brutal when they spent 6 on him. Also puts added pressure on the player when they aren't coming on.

Sometimes a fresh start can provide that relief.
Not sure, plenty of pages of waiting patiently. We don't have a great record with turning careers around for the better.

Only just started looking at the top end of the draft since the pick 3 chatter.

Lalor looks like a gun, but Sid Draper... WOW
I’m with you, CeeDee. I’ve spent time this afternoon watching footage of guys I thought would never fall to us!

I probably have it the other way with Lalor over Draper. But by oath… you could see either of them as a point of difference in our midfield. Phwoar!

Lot of people need to keep their powder dry on the Campos. If they didn’t have the last name we wouldn’t look twice at them in the draft.
Not sure that is correct at all . Ben was best on ground in the U17 future game last year with all the top prospects playing. Made the All Australian U18 side this year and was MVP for South Australia and then to top it off wins the U18 SA best and fairest with 18 votes from 6 games. I think we will get a steal with him.

Can't see Eagles giving up pick 3 without at least one top 10 pick coming back their way...

The only way I can think of, is maybe we go knocking on Freo's door.

12 + 14 -> 10 + 18

This will do two things for the Eagles:

1 - It puts them in front of Freo on draft night so they can get Bo Allan
2 - It gives them another top 20 pick which helps with Baker negotiations

For Freo, they will most likely miss out on Bo Allan, but with picks 11 and 12, they'll still have consecutive picks and only move down the draft order by 1... so two very good picks in a deep draft. Pick 14 for Bolton.

This is if we're really keen to have another crack at getting pick 3 off the Eagles. Personally, don't see it happening and still very happy to take 12 + 14 to the draft instead.

Id rather we draft Bo Allan ourselves. Burst mid.

Agreed. Draper is an absolute jet. Hannaford is what we need.
Academy kids next year. Cody the one after.
Let’s do it.
Draper is exactly what we need and makes sense to what Austin said we want to address in this off season adding speed and pace, his explosiveness and clearance work as well as his leadership I feel would transform our midfield, and if somehow we can add a Hannaford then we have addressed some serious needs add the Camporeale boys and that’s a awesome result

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sid Draper and Zak Johnson would have me feeling a certain way...

Animated GIF

I’d say the discussion might be around 3 & 26 for 12 & 14.
I’m just not sure it’s worth it though.
I think the Eagles fans will hang their list manager if we got 3 alone. 3 + 26 and we might see the return of being hung, drawn and quartered.

There’s no way WCE are giving us 3 and 26 for 12 and 14. More realistic to give 14 to Sydney for 19 and 22.

Give 12 and 22 for Houston and a F3.
Take 19 to draft.

Try to get F3s for Kennedy and Owies. Send all of those F3s to GCS, GWS or Richmond for a second (29, 24, 37 or a F2).

When the Kako bid comes in on the night, offer pick 19 and the second we manufacture.

Pick at 9.

Pick 9 and Houston in.
F1, F2, Kennedy and Owies out.

On a points basis 12 and 14 for 3 is in WCE favour. Throw in the fact that it is a deep draft then I would suggest that deal would be even more in their favour
But to them it's not really 12+14 for 3. It's 12 + Baker for 3 which is ghastly. Give up 26 as well and it's another level of bad

Pick 3 alone would mean CFC turning its pick 12, F1 and F2 into 3. That’s risky as f**k. Dow was picked at 3.
12 will drop back to 14-16 depending on bids.

14-16, 34 and a F1 (hopefully something close to 18) isn't that bad of a deal for 3 (likely 4 after Ashcroft bid). I am pretty happy either way but like the aggressiveness from Austin - would give us the best chance of picking up a player that could impact from RD1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back