Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Membrey rumour makes no sense.
We have JSoS back and Kemp showing he's a better option forward to support Harry and Charlie.
With Lemmey developing, IMO, we don't need a Membrey but another development forward to go with Lemmey.
This list spot can be spent on another priority.
I get that Kemp had a strong game against the Eagles playing forward, but are we certain he's a better option based on just one good performance against a struggling team? His game against the Saints, who didn't even make the finals, was pretty average.

I’d prefer to see him play as a forward consistently over 6-8 weeks before the beginning of forming a solid opinion on this.

Also, what has Lemmey showed that makes anyone confident he should be even thought of as being part of the future? I am not suggesting that Membrey is the answer in any case.

I get that Kemp had a strong game against the Eagles playing forward, but are we certain he's a better option based on just one good performance against a struggling team? His game against the Saints, who didn't even make the finals, was pretty average.

I’d prefer to see him play as a forward consistently over 6-8 weeks before the beginning of forming a solid opinion on this.

Also, what has Lemmey showed that makes anyone confident he should be even thought of as being part of the future? I am not suggesting that Membrey is the answer in any case.
He got Cal Wilkie.

Nobody wants Kemp as our only Key Forward.

I think Kemp showed a really strong performance as an athletic third tall. I think I prefer him back still

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

I refuse to believe that Soapy’s post is about anyone who is not a KPD or a pacy midfielder.

If we are relieving somebody of salary cap, then said player probably has at least 2-3 years to go (not at the end of their career like Parish or Shiel).

Stuffed if I know who it is though.

I refuse to believe that Soapy’s post is about anyone who is not a KPD or a pacy midfielder.

If we are relieving somebody of salary cap, then said player probably has at least 2-3 years to go (not at the end of their career like Parish or Shiel).

Parish is 27...

Against an all Australian number 1 defender. When he's a third tall.... 🤦‍♂️. Kemp's obviously got something as a THIRD tall but until he's given some time to play with Charlie and Harry as a THIRD tall then hes gonna struggle against guys as good as Wilkie who usually play on the FIRST tall.

Interesting.

Smells like tall defender to me. With those moved on (and Young likely) we can't rely on a young kid to partner Weiters.

Aaron Naughton signed a long term contract, but the Dogs young talls are developing nicely. He also might prefer to play back, and they might want to free up money for other needs.

Lever another option, although more intercept than KP.
Harris Andrews come on down

Parish has 5 years left on his contract

Shiel plays light and is putting up numbers, can see him having 3 more seasons if the foot is ok.

Parish is 27...

Note the player described as 'very handy' so assuming it's not a player like Oliver who is a star and in the middle of a multi year, multi million dollar deal.

I was thinking someone like Brennan Cox. 195cm Defender. Had an AA quality year in 22' & 2023 followed by an interrupted year this year. He's in the early stages of a multi year deal and Fremantle are going to need cap space for Bolton and possibly Chad Warner (next year).

Certainly agree with regard to getting a quality defender to help Weiters, Young not up to it and Kemp should be used elsewhere.

Pick up that and a quality kid for the middle (with some tow), Houston would be nice but not at all confident we'll get there.

A bit more balance to the list, up tick in guys like Moir (work on his tank I presume) and Motlop (hopefully put the interrupted year behind him).

I wonder if Moir got a gig forward would they look to play someone like E Hollands to play more midfield time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naughton at CHB would be very interesting….

The balance of the Dogs list has changed dramatically since they got Naughton. Their talls used to be their achilles heel.

They now have Darcy and JUH looking good up forward. Croft another talented father son in the wings.

Lobb has already been pushed back and done well. Then they have Jones and SOD's son. Keath and Gardener in reserve, with Busslinger developing as well. Edit: Khamis is another.

They are overstocked and will need to find money to keep the others. We are totally bereft after Weiters. Makes sense to me.

Last edited:
Kemp only needs to provide a target and prevent the opposition from intercepting, it will be disappointing if he's not given an extended run in that Hamill-lite role.

At the other end of the ground, if Lemmy makes the grade it will be as a defender - he lacks the intensity to be a KPF.

Last edited:
Was waiting for that.

emoji638.png
][emoji[emoji6
emoji640.png
emoji638.png
]
emoji640.png
[emoji6
emoji640.png
emoji638.png
]]
emoji637.png
emoji637.png
[emoji6
emoji640.png
emoji637.png
]" data-quote="Just Kreuzing" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">

What is going on with all your posts lately.

Emoji mess everywhere.

My concern with that is clearly we have been into Houston for some time, it looks unprofessional if we are proactively pursuing him and then suddenly we change course for someone else.

l still expect Houston to be our main target, but personally prefer to go heavily to the draft with multiple early picks.
He also hasn’t nominated us publicly.

If it is in the ether, it’s being well managed by all, except the media.

Agree but bringing in a 30+ opposition player will only stifle the development of Kemp and Lemmey. Development which IMO is crucial, especially for Kemp, as he has AFL experience. Also, as I mentioned, lists spots should be for young key development in area's we have deep cover. You can add McG and TdK, if needed.

I would have said someone like Shai Bolton - expensive, club going in different direction and fills a need for us. But he's requested WA. But I guess he also carries some trade value still.

First name that came to mind was Clarry… strong rumours of mutual interest 2-3 years ago. Huge contract, maybe part of Petraccas terms of staying on + the pay part of his salary?

But doesn’t necessarily fit a need… small forward or CHB on long term good money? 🤷🏻
Clarry as a small forward!

It has been written…

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back