Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

ron Bit of a curve ball re: Houston

We have been discussing bringing in an established player that we will take over their sizable contract. As such the pick won't be much. Very handy player we need and why we are moving players on

This deal may limit our options with Houston? This is MY assumption

I know the name but have been told not to post it. Sorry. I will when I can

*Mods. I can confirm source if needed
Interesting.

Smells like tall defender to me. With those moved on (and Young likely) we can't rely on a young kid to partner Weiters.

Aaron Naughton signed a long term contract, but the Dogs young talls are developing nicely. He also might prefer to play back, and they might want to free up money for other needs.

Lever another option, although more intercept than KP.

Membrey might be coming to Carlton.

#Bluemour

:sick:

eden-wood-toddlers-and-tiaras.gif

Pick one;

A. TDK, Harry, Charlie and Membry with Pittonet as list depth

Vs

B. TDK, Harry, Charlie, Pittonet.

If that's not the thinking then I don't see the logic.

Interesting.

Smells like tall defender to me. With those moved on (and Young likely) we can't rely on a young kid to partner Weiters.

Aaron Naughton signed a long term contract, but the Dogs young talls are developing nicely. He also might prefer to play back, and they might want to free up money for other needs.

Lever another option, although more intercept than KP.
Naughton at CHB would be very interesting….

Darcy Fort just won a premiership.

If Charlie was hurt going into week 1 of the finals, do you want Membrey or Kemp filling the spot?

C'mon picking up experienced depth isn't that wild and idea

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app
That's fine. You're talking depth then, not as best 23. If he's cheap, then ok.

Hope not.

Not someone we need, have plenty of Clarry's already. Hopefully someone with a bit of speed and good skills and is durable and likes a contest and runs both ways.

Am I asking for too much?

Note the player described as 'very handy' so assuming it's not a player like Oliver who is a star and in the middle of a multi year, multi million dollar deal.

I was thinking someone like Brennan Cox. 195cm Defender. Had an AA quality year in 22' & 2023 followed by an interrupted year this year. He's in the early stages of a multi year deal and Fremantle are going to need cap space for Bolton and possibly Chad Warner (next year).

Last edited:
I wanted Membrey when he initially left the Swans.

Happy to have him on the list now. We get a solid senior player who can at the very least provide good back up for our two talls. Having said that, I’d love to see Charlie released to a roaming third tall role with Membrey and Harry in the forward 50.

Bit of a curve ball re: Houston

We have been discussing bringing in an established player that we will take over their sizable contract. As such the pick won't be much. Very handy player we need and why we are moving players on

Nice.

Now our sleuths can speculate about which players might have a sizeable contract they need to shed. If we can afford it, I like that we are looking at these types of deals.

Happy to have him on the list now. We get a solid senior player who can at the very least provide good back up for our two talls. Having said that, I’d love to see Charlie released to a roaming third tall role with Membrey and Harry in the forward 50.
Charlie kicking the ball into the forward 50 is what we need

Note the player described as 'very handy' so assuming it's not a player like Oliver who is a star and in the middle of a multi year, multi million dollar deal.

I was thinking someone like Brennan Cox. Had an AA quality year in 2023 followed by an interrupted year this year. He's in the early stages of a multi year deal and Fremantle are going to need cap space for Bolton and possibly Chad Warner (next year).

That's not a bad guess at all. I would have thought he was still important to them, but they went okay without him this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the Carlton way to take players so they can't play well against us anymore.

Really? He looked good, with a solid preseason & give him the spot for him to lose from round 1, I reckon he will comfortably beat Martins contribution.

Martin was a bloody good player only very very occasionally - even without the injuries he was avg at best more often than he was great
Don’t know whether he’ll have the tank to run out a senior AFL game, let alone 20+ next year. Would take a mighty leap to be a walk up start every week. Still reckon long term he’ll be a very good player for us

Makes sense doesn't it

Capitalise on the talent we have by adding ready made types to push for a flag, while still adding talent through the draft with pick 11 and the Campo twins

It's a no brainer
Yeah i agree, very easy to see why the club are chasing these types of players. I want us to bring in youngsters too, but if you can get a solid mature contributor, while still bringing in kids, and try challenging for the flag next year, then why wouldn't you?

Don’t know whether he’ll have the tank to run out a senior AFL game, let alone 20+ next year. Would take a mighty leap to be a walk up start every week. Still reckon long term he’ll be a very good player for us
Think he will get thru games fine with a solid pre season - you would 100% manage his load very carefully - both game time & how many games (& that scares the hell out of me given our form with that ) & not expect him play every game.

TIL Membrey played for sydney

Houston getting paid more than the captain doesn't sit well with me
The 'double Brownlow medallist' is a much better way to frame that
Would be rookie draft wouldn't he?
Yeah I was getting caught up in the media hype, having looked at the footage I wouldn't even draft him
Bit of a curve ball re: Houston

OMG, is it our year to have Grundy already?? :p
where does Membrey coming leave Kemp as a forward? Not sure Kemp is headed down back, again
Mid 🤞
Pick one;

A. TDK, Harry, Charlie and Membry with Pittonet as list depth

Vs

B. TDK, Harry, Charlie, Pittonet.

If that's not the thinking then I don't see the logic.
Slots into next available for medium forward and KPF. If he's ok with fighting Jack for a spot with a fit squad, I don't see the harm?

Imagine:

HF: Fogarty McKay Hotton
FF: Silvagni, Curnow, Williams

Int: Moir

Depth: Membrey, Durdin, Motlop (converting to a mid or getting a lot leaner)

Parish for chump change? Would be better for spread etc than Kennedy and George but equally as good in clearance?

Struggling to think of many players Soaps Intel could be describing
You've overlooked the other obvious name on that list: Shiel

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back