Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

zorko is 35 and just made the AA team at halfback.

People keep bringing up Zorko...

Should I bring up how many players have fallen off a cliff at that age?

Vast majority of players fall off so badly they retire even 2-3 years before turning 35...

The main point is, we need to rejuvenate our list...

Too many of them turn 30 or late 20's next year... giving up more talented youth to bring in another late 20's only serves to hurt us more in the long run.

EP is a genuine ITK, and its not a poor outcome if we go to the draft and add cheaper mature age needs, but things change very quickly in an off season
I prefer this approach to aim to get as much draft capital as possible and remain open to what eventuates during trade week than locking into a target in Houston which is not a top list need and feeling pressured to make the deal even if it means paying overs.

Why can’t we do what EP said plus getting some non rookie players if Kennedy and owies go.
We have plenty of levers to pull and many ways to fill our holes. It’s going to be an interesting few weeks

As expected with us being very draft focused. Exactly what I’ve mentioned.

Our club doesn’t need gun players, we have plenty. We do however need a couple fringe players that hopefully transition into being very good players as well as going hard at this draft. Every chance the players we choose in this draft early will play early.

Let’s ****ing go 👊

I prefer this approach to aim to get as much draft capital as possible and remain open to what eventuates during trade week than locking into a target in Houston which is not a top list need and feeling pressured to make the deal even if it means paying overs.

I certainly don't want to overpay for anyone

Talk of Houston has been around for a while, but I wouldn't pay more than a late ish 1st in total value

Was it a potato chip, or a sweet potato chip,perhaps a veggie chip, yes that’s it! No, it a hot chip with chicken salt - I LOVE chicken salt, OMG I hope they don’t pour vinegar all over the chip, nothing worse - Malthouse loved vinigar! Please don’t remind me. Anyway, about this chip….

Hot chips, chicken salt and vinegar is as good as getting The Bont

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I think we should trade one first rounder for an established quality player, I love that we could take 2 kids in the first round this year. Along with a couple of bargain pick ups, that would make for a sensational off season

People keep bringing up Zorko...

Should I bring up how many players have fallen off a cliff at that age?

Vast majority of players fall off so badly they retire even 2-3 years before turning 35...

The main point is, we need to rejuvenate our list...

Too many of them turn 30 or late 20's next year... giving up more talented youth to bring in another late 20's only serves to hurt us more in the long run.
because like zorko, houston rarely if ever misses games through injury and is as reliable as they come health wise.
regarding falling off a cliff i just dont see it especially with the way the game is played and is going, a player like him is perfect for it and he's not just going to magically lose his kicking skills after he's 32

Our club doesn’t need gun players, we have plenty. We do however need a couple fringe players that hopefully transition into being very good players as well as going hard at this draft. Every chance the players we choose in this draft early will play early.

Let’s ****ing go 👊

Travaglia & Berry with Ben Campo round one 😎

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back