Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Membrey makes sense..

Not convinced Voss rate SOS and Kemp as a forward..

There no way we persist with Kemp forward, especially if we don’t acquire a Key back (Haynes not a key back…more a Marchy replacement)

Don’t want Membrey tho….he might end up back in Sydney if Stringer doesn’t go

Understand where you’re coming from but how long have we talked about the ‘future’??

The future, the future, the future...

Isn’t it about time we talk about the ‘present’?

For context, Richmond didn’t have a top 10 pick the five years preceding their three-peat because they brought in established talent…

Hawthorn didn’t have a top 10 pick in either of the five years preceding their three-peat because they brought in established talent…

Cripps is almost 30.
Saad has just turned 30.
Gov is 30 next week. Acres 29.
Charlie starts next season 28.
Harry 27. Weitering the same.

It’s NOW or never for this particular group IMO.

The time for 🏆#17 is the present. Not five years into the future.

If our first round pick this year and next can net us a couple of established stars I’m ALL for it.

Gotta be brave.

Chips in.

The future … the future … the future
Not the greatest vote of confidence in this group’s 10 year rebuild is it.
Thanks anyway Crippa 👍
One of these days we might be ready to have a real go …

Understand where you’re coming from but how long have we talked about the ‘future’??

The future, the future, the future...

Isn’t it about time we talk about the ‘present’?

For context, Richmond didn’t have a top 10 pick the five years preceding their three-peat because they brought in established talent…

Hawthorn didn’t have a top 10 pick in either of the five years preceding their three-peat because they brought in established talent…

Cripps is almost 30.
Saad has just turned 30.
Gov is 30 next week. Acres 29.
Charlie starts next season 28.
Harry 27. Weitering the same.

It’s NOW or never for this particular group IMO.

The time for 🏆#17 is the present. Not five years into the future.

If our first round pick this year and next can net us a couple of established stars I’m ALL for it.

Gotta be brave.

Chips in.
Not sure any of the names will be retiring within the next 3 years.

Chips in. What does that even mean??? We have plenty of top end talent and are lacking around the edges a little. Adding another player for 800k plus only makes the edges a little worse.

It’s a balance and there’s a cap. If you want a top player, which top player are you removing?

Not sure any of the names will be retiring within the next 3 years.

Chips in. What does that even mean??? We have plenty of top end talent and are lacking around the edges a little. Adding another player for 800k plus only makes the edges a little worse.

It’s a balance and there’s a cap. If you want a top player, which top player are you removing?

We’ve finished the last three seasons 9th, 5th & 8th.

Let’s not be naive. We have half a dozen players who are elite. After that it drops away pretty rapidly.

Hawthorn & Brisbane may not have the starpower of our top 6 but the quality in their depth is far superior to ours.

We ain’t just lacking a little around the edges.

Last edited:
Yup our window is the next 2 to 3 years, then it’s a rebuild all over again. Austin has a huge responsibility , needs to be a aggressive,
hopefully he has plenty of luck too
If we go to the draft and we get 3 top 25 picks that work out and the Campo boys, add to that (only going to make players 25 and under):
Tdk
Cowan
Walsh
Cerra
EHollands
OHollands
Moir
Lord
Wilson
Motlop
Binns
Kemp etc

There’s no rebuild coming. A reset maybe but that happens. Each year we probably bring in 7 or so players so plenty of unheard of players will be on our list over the next 5 years and many will be greats of our club

56 (194) + 62 (123)+ 65(90)+ 68(59) = 466 ~ #38 in value.

Lucas likely to be a rookie pick.

Fair enough. I didn't take 56 into account.

We have half a dozen players who are elite. After that it drops away pretty rapidly.

Agree to disagree.

The draft and a couple of astute pick ups this off season will hold us in good stead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[emoji6][emoji6][emoji[emoji6]]" data-quote="TB_" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
One of Haynes' nicknames is 'Plane' according to Wikipedia (other is Train)

Bomb before for bombers make me think Shiel (we jetted him previously) also suits soaps description of a veteran that we take the salary of that suits a need (POD mid) but not a game changer.

The footy ball one I’m confused about….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If we go to the draft and we get 3 top 25 picks that work out and the Campo boys, add to that (only going to make players 25 and under):
Tdk
Cowan
Walsh
Cerra
EHollands
OHollands
Moir
Lord
Wilson
Motlop
Binns
Kemp etc

There’s no rebuild coming. A reset maybe but that happens. Each year we probably bring in 7 or so players so plenty of unheard of players will be on our list over the next 5 years and many will be greats of our club
There won't be any rebuild needed for a good 5-6 years if we hit our draft picks right + our NGA and F/S kids coming through.

Ison Weitering Travaglia
Wilson Lemmey Cowan
Binns Cerra O.Hollands
E.Hollands Mckay Fogarty
Berry Curnow Moir
Dekoning Walker Walsh

O'Keefe Lord Kemp Motlop

There no way we persist with Kemp forward, especially if we don’t acquire a Key back (Haynes not a key back…more a Marchy replacement)

Don’t want Membrey tho….he might end up back in Sydney if Stringer doesn’t go
So if Kemp goes back, and Haynes go back (both 192cm), who's the KPD?

Bomb before for bombers make me think Shiel (we jetted him previously) also suits soaps description of a veteran that we take the salary of that suits a need (POD mid) but not a game changer.

The footy ball one I’m confused about….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If we get Shiel, I'll spew up.

There won't be any rebuild needed for a good 5-6 years if we hit our draft picks right + our NGA and F/S kids coming through.

Ison Weitering Travaglia
Wilson Lemmey Cowan
Binns Cerra O.Hollands
E.Hollands Mckay Fogarty
Berry Curnow Moir
Dekoning Walker Walsh

O'Keefe Lord Kemp Motlop
Agree

We have an exciting list, just need to add some quality youth to our group and see the cream rise to the top.

I’m still keen on Hotton though 😉

Ison Weitering Travaglia
Wilson Lemmey Cowan
Binns Cerra O.Hollands
E.Hollands Mckay Fogarty
Berry Curnow Moir
Dekoning Walker Walsh

O'Keefe Lord Kemp Motlop

Ison Weitering Travaglia
Wilson Lemmey Cowan
Lyndsay Cerra O.Hollands
E.Hollands Mckay Fogarty
Motlop Curnow Moir
Dekoning Walker Walsh

O'Keefe Lord Kemp B. Camporeale

Fixed ;)

Ison Weitering Travaglia
Wilson Lemmey Cowan
Lyndsay Cerra O.Hollands
E.Hollands Mckay Fogarty
Motlop Curnow Moir
Dekoning Walker Walsh

O'Keefe Lord Kemp B. Camporeale

Fixed ;)
Relying on Motlop to be our number 1 small forward is a disaster waiting to happen imo. But each to their own.

Ison Weitering Travaglia
Wilson Lemmey Cowan
Binns Cerra O.Hollands
E.Hollands Mckay Fogarty
Berry Curnow Moir
Dekoning Walker Walsh

O'Keefe Lord Kemp Motlop
In 3 yrs time our super stars may not shine so much, once Weitering , Cripps and Curnow , Harry , Saad and Williams, Docherty and others begin to slow down the invincibility factor is gone.
We obviously may not need a total rebuild, but the our quest for a 17th premiership Cup is over.

Let’s not be naive. We have half a dozen players who are elite. After that it drops away pretty rapidly.

Hawthorn & Brisbane may not have the starpower of our top 6 but the quality in their depth is far superior to ours.

We were 10 minutes of good football away from a GF last year.

If EP is on the money, we’ve gone backwards.

Totally disagree, we need an injection of energy. The best way to do that is first round draft picks. See the impact Rozee, Butters and Duursma had (and continues to have) on Port. They weren't even particularly impactful players in their first year statistically, but the pace and fresh feeling they provided changed things for Port.

Someone mentioned earlier that Richmond and Hawthorn didn't take early picks before their run of premierships but look at the Lions, they continuously added young, energetic players who have keep the team from being stagnant over the last few years. Jaspa Fletcher, Darcy Wilmot, Kai Lohman, and Will Ashcroft have all been taken with early picks recently. Logan Morris was last year. I know they've had a leg up with academy/father son but so will we in the next couple of drafts.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back