Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Not to shit on anyone's rumour - but isn't it illegal under the CBA to take less money to change clubs? If I'm on a $1m per season I can't say "I'll forego 150k of that to win a premiership at Carlton"
Nope - contract can be re negotiated, it’s your call to go for less, Carlton has to stump up $850k in there cap & u lose $150k - which u can then probably double or triple that, given the contract is likely 2-3yrs at least - so it cost you $300-$450k.

A simple

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Would suffice 🤣

Beggars belief that it’s being contemplated:

.. in a position of just having been torched by the top teams at the pointy end - (arguably) due to lacking midfield pace whilst being strong on the inside/contest….

that we would be making a trade move for….

…an inside mid

I have on v good authority 11 is for berry and isnt touchable

Gut is telling me Konstanty, Haynes and one other player (salary dump type in the works that has been alluded to, we will all be pretty happy if it occurs-like i said yesterday an 850K range player)

Houston to Norf it seems

Trac keen to come to us-he has said this behind closed doors confirmed straight from a player manager source of mine. his manager doesnt want him coming out in case it doesnt happen (50/50) he comes out at this stage publicly. He is still fuming at the club and Oliver out does not help (off to Cats confirmed) as it is his best mate at the club.

berry, Travaglia (F1 and owies for 12 with GC) and hotton (salary dump pick, Kennedy pick, Carrol pick and F2 bundled) for a top 20 pick.

Very well known Austin rates this draft and sees it as a way to regenerate the list with 5 elite young talents (3 top 20 picks and campo twins). I also know the club rates ben campo as a top 10 in the open draft and already have him pencilled in to line up round 1 next year-he is ready made.

Berry is the small forward we need. Travaglia v composed HB, I think the club wants Cowan as an inside mid/winger so they want travaglia now as they don’t think they get Houston (this was the logic to push cowan up the ground and Houston HB) club are very bullish on Cowan-idk if you all recall In that car interview with vossy how he said Cowan is now one of the first picked. They know Cowan wants mid time and want to give him that so he doesn’t go to Tasmania-(genuine fear of the club and rightly so as a Tassy boy)

Hotton also high on Austin’s list as a Rayner type bulldozing mid/forward that can win a game off his own boot . I think we miss that atm unfortunately Elijah hollands is X factor and elite as the mid/HF but not a match winner. Needs hotton on the other HF to complement him.

We saw with Brisbane a young core is key and the club also don’t take lightly the energy the young kids brought at the end of the season with all the injuries, which Austin can see also and is using this draft to regenerate the list before tassy come in. There will also be much better selection integrity- a massive discussion point in the ‘crisis meeting’ of all the top dogs I.e. cerra will not be named round 1 (part of why he wanted to be traded also as he got told at the exit interview to expect to start in the VFL and earn his way into the line up which he found offensive). And we will play kids like binns over Doch, Moir over owies (gone and why his leaving-we actually didn’t offer him a contract cuz of his lack of defensive intent), lord over cerra etc.

have on very good authority Stewie Dew coming into help Vossy as a senior assistant- very excited for this he was just with Brisbane will make us dynamicccc

Obviously if Trac goes public it blows this all up as he is a generational player and he will change our whole list strategy if he publicly nominates us and rightly so. My fear is Trac comes out and nominates us and it will be a papley type scenario and won’t happen in the end despite him nominating as we won’t satisfy the dees in the end and we miss out on getting high picks cuz other teams wheel and deal for the other First round picks in the draft.

all i know is Austin is not shying down his got his eggs in all different baskets and knows our window is the next 2-3 years and to be aggressive at the draft pre tasmania.

once again dont have to believe me but this is the talk amongst player managers from a direct source.
Great info. Thks

Beggars belief that it’s being contemplated:

.. in a position of just having been torched by the top teams at the pointy end - (arguably) due to lacking midfield pace whilst being strong on the inside/contest….

that we would be making a trade move for….

…an inside mid
Unless it’s an inside mid that is known for defensive pressure and handy in transition. Then I could get behind it.

Not to shit on anyone's rumour - but isn't it illegal under the CBA to take less money to change clubs? If I'm on a $1m per season I can't say "I'll forego 150k of that to win a premiership at Carlton"
we would add another couple years to his contract and smooth it out essentially-perfectly legal it would end up being 850K p/a on annum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tobie Travaglia on trade radio with Riley and Cal and his a massive Carlton supporter, so going by our recent draft history he will be our first pick … 😂

(Would love him at Carlton)
I am more in favour of a Lindsay or Berry with our first to upgrade the disposal efficiency and in Berry’s case forward class and dash. Travaglia sounded like a great kid, with a great athletic profile. Quoted his game strength as being his dash, one of the quickest is the draft group. Also mentioned ran a 6.04 3km last weekend in preparation for the combine. Targeting sub 6 minutes on Friday. Kid is a genuine athlete and proven a genuine footballer. No problem if we call his name.

We are going to need to rejig our defence in the next 1-3 years, with Newman, Saad and McGovern approaching the end. May be early to incorporate a Travaglia (or a Lindsay), but we do have scope to utilise Cincotta, Boyd and potentially Cowan in other roles. With Wilson still in the wings and some chance M.Carroll remains for back half grooming, it would be perhaps overkill, but he is a very good kid.

Footnote: Ollie H was impressive off half back late in the season and both Camporeales could easily spend time off half back in their formative years.

You can give the same total dollars for more years which makes it less $$$'s per year. Typically only happens for older players who want to extend their careers and they can still make more money with bonuses, match payments, etc.

Just want to get this out there.

TDK strikes me as a Grundy-type. Magnificently athletic in his early 20's but a shadow of himself as he tires. C'Wood were so enamoured in him that they reconfirmed him on a $1M contract which they rescinded later. Didn't have a great 24 GF against the 2nd string ruckman .

I always thought that TDK (who does amazing things to my...) was our potential CHB.

Get a half-decent ruckman and play TDK (does amazing things...) at CHB.

Can also be switched forward like the original SOS, if need be.

Get a cheap ruckman and play TDK at CHB is my suggestion - one problem solved.

And I'll add : GET PETRACCA and give him #31 because it will be the same impact as Ronald Dale.

Do we want to win a flag or be a good Corporate citizen triking a blow for domestic violence and Orange socks?

This post was bold and fascinating until your orange sock rant that was so clumsy your namesake would blush...

Kind of baffling to move Kennedy on who’s very versatile, only to replace him with an inside mid on a higher contract. If we move him on he will need to be replaced with an inside mid for depth purposes but you’d think it would be a value pickup not in the 850K range. Hope we don’t do that.

Contracts can be renegotiated. So you could be on 1.4 million then go somewhere else & sign a contract for $800k. Happens all the time, generally with players who have a back ended deal. Say 2 years left at a million a year, but go to a new club for $800k a year however over 4 years. So it’s more money over the 4 year contract than the 2 year contract, but less in the first 2 years than the previous. Nothing stops a player from negotiating down at any point, even though it’s rare.

What becomes muddy in the AFL is that when you trade someone you immediately take on that contract from the other club (so you can’t have them sign a new one, then trade for them), so technically whatever the contract is at the current club needs to fit under your cap, not the renegotiated one. Buy commonsense seems to apply here& as long as you don’t pay over the cap you are fine, even if on paper you are obliged to for a moment until the other contract is sorted.

Where you are getting confused is free agent contracts, which if they are renegotiated or ended, they are still included in the cap at the value of the initial deal, that was used to decided the compensation. This is to stop say Carlton going to a player who is a restricted free agent & saying we will give you $5 million a year, so the other club can’t match, gets band 1 compensation, so in essence makes it a unrestricted free agent. Then negotiating it down straight after to 500k, which would have resulted in less of a compensation pick & the other club may have been able to match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back