Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a format we could use...

View attachment 2129130

episode 2 corinne GIF by The Bachelor

I wonder if Fiorini is the salary dump player that's been alluded too, maybe in a deal that nets us pick 12.

I doubt goldcoast are in a position to give it away like with Bowes (unfortunately), but if we take Fiorini it might help us get it for unders.

Replaces Kennedy as far as midfield depth.
I would have thought that Cooper Lord and Ben Camporeale replace Kennedy as inside mid depth and are probably the reason that the club sees Kennedy as surplus to needs?

Lindsay is one I'm even less enamoured with: tracks a lot of footy around the ground but rarely escapes, plenty of handling errors and dodgy handballs. Is a prodigious kick when he gets going but how is he finding space and time at the next level?

I think he might wind up being a general defender rather than a mid, to reverse that he needs to find either serious strength or speed.
His left foot kicking and tackling were of high standard. His handballing and can be improved but a 30 disposal, 10 tackle, bog game against Vic Metro suggests there’s a fair bit to work with imo.

He didn’t say Cerra is not playing round 1 but that it’s not guaranteed.
There will also be much better selection integrity- a massive discussion point in the ‘crisis meeting’ of all the top dogs I.e. cerra will not be named round 1 (part of why he wanted to be traded also as he got told at the exit interview to expect to start in the VFL and earn his way into the line up which he found offensive).

He did say it. :think:

post #4118 in this thread.

Regarding the latest Bluemour. I'd be pretty shocked if we could get a pick in the 30s for Carrol. WCE have 23 and 59, obviously there could be movement there, but you'd think they'd rather just take the pick to the draft.

Tigers have 29 and 39, maybe one of them will go with Baker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The suggestion in the latest rumour that Austin is pushing for a future 1st & 2nd for Houston, doesn’t work. Unless we get a future second BEFORE that trade or the AFL gives Carlton an exception. You can’t trade out both your future first & future second

You're biased though. You've been on this train for months on here. I think you're either his dad or his manager. :D
I like Berry a lot but there's a range of players in that mix who would be fantastic fits.

I take umbridge with the hilariously inaccurate summations of their talents, not ones preference for which player they'd like selected at our pick.

You think we can take both Houston and the salary dump guy?

Yes we have room for 2x 850K players.

Martin was on 400K backended
Lewis young was 400K

(That’s the 800K for Houston)

Marchbank was on 400K also
Same as cunners (600K) on that ridiculous 5 year deal with the live Insta post (blast from the past 🤣)

Big reason we want owies out is cuz we had him on a 200K basement contract and now wants 500K which is ludicrous.

Opens up 2M on the books

TDK goes up by 200K with extension
Weiters also up 200K with extension

Leaves 1.6M (2 players worth 800K)

Williams contract was front loaded now his only getting 400K when he was on 1M up until this year (clears 600K)- bit of space for Konstanty and Haynes on 300K base deals.

The club forcing out Kennedy was BS. He is staying I can confirm.
It was him being frustrated at the club-we value him internally as much as the fans.

He said in his exit interview that he didn’t like the way he was treated in the finals subbing him out and wants midfield time-Voss told him he was subbed out because we see him as a HF in the team which we value as he is good overhead and can pinch in the middle-he was subbed without the emotion of the whole baby sage and was playing the ‘TDK’ role (forward/pinch hitting ruck) so was the logical replacement as much as we all hated it.

Have on good authority that TDK was not match fit and they wanted to play him 2nd half.

I literally questioned this when I heard this prior to the game and said why not start him on field then sub him/play him out the goal square second half. to which the person said “TDK js our ‘barometer’ and the ‘ace up our sleeves’ we will sub him on for pitto at HT where the game is hopefully in the balance and that will tilt the midfield battle our way due to him being fresh and win us the game.” Reekeddddd of arrogance but obviously trusted him and didn’t question it.

Clearly the club got it wrong. Again.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

*Mod edit - Paragraphs please makes it easier to read

Last edited:
I like Berry a lot but there's a range of players in that mix who would be fantastic fits.

I take umbridge with the hilariously inaccurate summations of their talents, not ones preference for which player they'd like selected at our pick.

Bar reading the top 30 draft prospect lists, i dont know anything about any of the prospects to be fair. Not even the Campos. All i know is one is rated better than the other apparently. :think:

Yeah jimmae might be best served watching more tac highlights, Lyndsay has no trouble getting to the outside
I think you're confusing 'breaks away from opponents' with 'works into space'.
His left foot kicking and tackling were of high standard. His handballing and can be improved but a 30 disposal, 10 tackle, bog game against Vic Metro suggests there’s a fair bit to work with imo.
I'm not doubting his endurance base or strength over the ball for his size, I'm doubting his ability to play as a full-time AFL midfielder unless something successfully changes in his athletic profile.
Berry is Fogarty 2.0 and Lindsay's disposal is overrated.
Berry resembles how Fogarty plays. Ultimately he's a better and longer kick, but I think you're maybe slightly overvaluing Berry and undervaluing Fogarty's best footy.

Let's not forget he was a first round pick in a similar range, someone who wasn't spoken about as highly at the end his draft year until very late in the piece because he'd missed a bunch of footy with injuries:

Anyway, better this gets picked up in the draft thread if anyone wants to take it further, just quote this post in there! 👍

[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji6]" data-quote="Brezsa" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
The suggestion in the latest rumour that Austin is pushing for a future st & nd for Houston, doesn’t work. Unless we get a future second BEFORE that trade or the AFL gives Carlton an exception. You can’t trade out both your future first & future second

Hoping for one for owies/carroll/young

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back