Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes we have room for 2x 850K players.

Martin was on 400K backended
Lewis young also 400K

(That’s the 800K for Houston)

Marchbank was on 400K also
Same as cunners (600K) on that ridiculous 5 year deal with the live Insta post (blast from the past 🤣)

Big reason we want owies out is cuz we had him on a 160K basement contract and now wants 500K which is ludicrous.

Opens up 2.2M on the books

TDK goes up by 300K with extension
Weiters also up 200K with extension

Leaves 1.7M (2 players worth 850K)

Williams contract was front loaded now his only getting 400K when he was on 1M up until this year (clears 600K)- bit of space for Konstanty and Haynes on 300K base deals.

The club forcing out Kennedy was BS. He is staying I can confirm.
It was him being frustrated at the club-we value him internally as much as the fans.

He said in his exit interview that he didn’t like the way he was treated in the finals subbing him out and wants midfield time-Voss told him he was subbed out because we see him as a HF in the team which we value as he is good overhead and can pinch in the middle-he was subbed without the emotion of the whole baby sage and was playing the ‘TDK’ role (forward/pinch hitting ruck) so was the logical replacement as much as we all hated it.

Have on good authority (actually went to the presidents club at the plough inn before the final and spoke to cook myself) that TDK was not match fit and they wanted to play him 2nd half.

I literally questioned him to his face and said why not start him on field then sub him/play him out the goal square second half. to which he said “TDK js our ‘barometer’ and the ‘ace up our sleeves’ we will sub him on for pitto at HT where the game is hopefully in the balance and that will tilt the midfield battle our way due to him being fresh and win us the game.” Reekeddddd of arrogance but obviously trusted him and didn’t question it.

Clearly the club got it wrong. Again.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

*Mod edit - Paragraphs please makes it easier to read
Goodness mate, now Cook knows who you are as well, feels like you are gonna get shut down hard pretty soon. But meanwhile thanks for the ride.

ferrisb's useless wish list of the day:

Stuff Oliver, stuff SDK, stuff Houston, even stuff Petracca.

Find me the next Acres trade instead.
POTY

Berry resembles how Fogarty plays. Ultimately he's a better and longer kick, but I think you're maybe slightly overvaluing Berry and undervaluing Fogarty's best footy.
Hasn't the argument on here for the past 18 months been that Fogarty would be a gun if he could kick over 30 metres regularly? By that reckoning, isn't Berry (or his type) the player we would want?

Yes we have room for 2x 850K players.

Martin was on 400K backended
Lewis young was 400K

(That’s the 800K for Houston)

Marchbank was on 400K also
Same as cunners (600K) on that ridiculous 5 year deal with the live Insta post (blast from the past 🤣)

Big reason we want owies out is cuz we had him on a 200K basement contract and now wants 500K which is ludicrous.

Opens up 2M on the books

TDK goes up by 200K with extension
Weiters also up 200K with extension

Leaves 1.6M (2 players worth 800K)

Williams contract was front loaded now his only getting 400K when he was on 1M up until this year (clears 600K)- bit of space for Konstanty and Haynes on 300K base deals.

The club forcing out Kennedy was BS. He is staying I can confirm.
It was him being frustrated at the club-we value him internally as much as the fans.

He said in his exit interview that he didn’t like the way he was treated in the finals subbing him out and wants midfield time-Voss told him he was subbed out because we see him as a HF in the team which we value as he is good overhead and can pinch in the middle-he was subbed without the emotion of the whole baby sage and was playing the ‘TDK’ role (forward/pinch hitting ruck) so was the logical replacement as much as we all hated it.

Have on good authority that TDK was not match fit and they wanted to play him 2nd half.

I literally questioned this when I heard this prior to the game and said why not start him on field then sub him/play him out the goal square second half. to which the person said “TDK js our ‘barometer’ and the ‘ace up our sleeves’ we will sub him on for pitto at HT where the game is hopefully in the balance and that will tilt the midfield battle our way due to him being fresh and win us the game.” Reekeddddd of arrogance but obviously trusted him and didn’t question it.

Clearly the club got it wrong. Again.

*Mod edit - Paragraphs please makes it easier to read
No way cunners was on 600k this year.
He was on a one year deal

I've watched a couple of games, he does have great team ethos, strong overhead, smart, but I find him lazy, sloppy and rarely does he extend himself

That might change in a professional system, but I wouldn't take him in the 1st round
I’m sure you’ve answered this, and I know it’s the wrong thread, but who you take Berry v Horton?

Berry is Fogarty 2.0 and Lindsay's disposal is overrated... Wtf am I reading on here

Gordon Ramsay Reaction GIF by Hell's Kitchen's Kitchen
People's opinion that varies from yours?

After 20+ years of a mix of failure/calamity/crap key moments, I now find myself watching the team i have supported since 1980 with almost a dead feeling, and feeling of impending failure (Mcgovern's kick, Kemp's kick, Pies knocking us off for 9th after being in the 8 for so long, poor Hughes rebuilds one after the other; poor coaches, poor coaching, poor transition etc.)

So then it comes to this list which barring a 2nd key defender is an amazing list in my eyes. It simply hurts to see them fail so badly in those moments. And now it comes to Austin and the list mgmt team. It's their moment to earn their stripes on my eyes or fail and miss the point.

Small forwards thrive on a good gameplan. Williams and Motlop is easily a good starting two to support the best combo talls in the comp. I dont mind drafting a small but i don't see the priority for 'trading' for one. Vossy fixes how we move the ball inside 50 and Motlop, Orazio, Williams and others wil lcontribute fine. He sticks to his current plan and the smalls look horrific and then maybe traded for zero value which is Carlton's current brand of the off season.

The midfield simply needs Walsh and Cerra to be fit to be an amazing group. It doesnt need a major spend. Yes, something coming within the right price would be nice but it is a lower priority. Yes, draft a mid is they want. Vossy simply has to fix the defensive transition to help stop the defensive calamity that is going on. It isn't about trading for a player here; it is gameplan. A fit TDK, Cripps, Walsh and Cerra has as much chance as any other team of having the best midfield group in 2025. Listen to Judd when he recently said on ball magnets that he underestimated the effect of Cox when leaving WCE midfield group. We have a rampaging TDK coming thru.

The Defence. Some percentage of our defensive weakness is on the midfield defensive transition; some percentage is simply due to an unfit Cerra/Walsh, and the rest is on the calamity style of Young, Kemp and Mcgovern. This is the area austin needs to address. This is where I will rate Austin or not. He should have already spotted this weakness in their mindsets let along stats/ability on field. They don't need a star. They need a 194-198 defender who is a physical potato with an aggressive mindset. They need Haynes as maybe austin does have it under control because Mcgovern doesn't intercept mark, well, not in 2024. Mcgovern is in self preservation mode.

Weitering / big aggressive potato / Haynes. Then i dont care about Mcgovern but would also leave him there. Mcgovern would def thrive off having an aggressive player alongside in defence.

If as some people indicate that we arent interested in a second key defender then i think we have a confused list mgr. Kemp lost all confidence there over the season as a whole. If others say there is no one then that is also on the list manager as there has been key tall defenders available the last 3 trade periods. He is simply accountable and takes the accolades one way, or the crap the other way for missing a trick.

Given how everything has gone with this strong list of 'individual' players they need to correct the curse of this list in that it falls over and brings sheer joy to all our opposition supporters and we give up and rebuild. It has that vibe about it.

All of that is simply half the puzzle. Vossy's incredibly basic gameplan of high down the wing and higher into the fwd pocket ignoring anyone but Harry/charlie hurts me as much as watching Kemp mark Hogan. Or watching either the timid Kemp/Mcgovern shoot for a winning goal. Their confidence is already belted given our play style.

The suggestion in the latest rumour that Austin is pushing for a future 1st & 2nd for Houston, doesn’t work. Unless we get a future second BEFORE that trade or the AFL gives Carlton an exception. You can’t trade out both your future first & future second

Everyone else gets an exemption, why wouldn’t we?

btw, don’t want Houston at that price…I’d actually prefer to forget about him and look for value recruits or someone in a position we desperately need (SDK or Paps would be amazeballs) and/or go to the draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People's opinion that varies from yours?
No, just factually incorrect opinions. Lindsay is widely regarded as the best user by foot in the draft by almost every avid draft watcher there is both on Bigfooty and in the media.

Berry is a prolific goal scoring small forward who can kick them from anywhere and is fantastic in the air.

To say Lindsay's disposal is meh and Berry plays like Fog is simply incorrect.

Whether posters like them as players is another thing entirely. I've always said everyone's entitled to like who they like... But it's like saying Cripps is an elite guy running wingman... It's just false.

The suggestion in the latest rumour that Austin is pushing for a future 1st & 2nd for Houston, doesn’t work. Unless we get a future second BEFORE that trade or the AFL gives Carlton an exception. You can’t trade out both your future first & future second
Can’t you trade picks 2 years in advance now?

No, just factually incorrect opinions. Lindsay is widely regarded as the best user by foot in the draft by almost every avid draft watcher there is both on Bigfooty and in the media.

Berry is a prolific goal scoring small forward who can kick them from anywhere and is fantastic in the air.

Whether posters like them as players is another thing entirely. I've always said everyone's entitled to like who they like... But it's like saying Cripps is an elite guy running wingman... It's just false.
And yet Cripps lasted to pick 13. Twelve other teams thought that they had found players better than him in his draft.

As Paul Simon was once moved to say "a man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest".

Let’s revisit this in a couple of years. Berry and Lindsay will follow similar trajectories to Obrien and Konstanty. Won’t break into AFL consistently.

You’re acting like kicking goals and collecting junk marks at junior level translates to AFL. News flash - it doesn’t.

Geelong could clean up this trade Period.

Oliver, Smith and Martin..

At 24 Bailey Smith would be like a new draft pick for Geelong…

Geelong could clean up this trade Period.

Oliver, Smith and Martin..

At 24 Bailey Smith would be like a new draft pick for Geelong…

Positive though, is they could not possibly be in a position to make a real serious bid for TDK….

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back