Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Let’s revisit this in a couple of years. Berry and Lindsay will follow similar trajectories to Obrien and Konstanty. Won’t break into AFL consistently.

You’re acting like kicking goals and collecting junk marks at junior level translates to AFL. News flash - it doesn’t.

Out of curiosity and into the vault, who would you take at our picks?

Big statement on those 2 …..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

One thing about time in the sin bin (thanks mods! LMAO) is that I've seen everyone's reactions over the various threads in that time.

Most are hell bent on keeping pick 11, and fair enough too. Best available at that pick would be a fantastic pick up, I'm sure.
Even better imho would be consecutive picks if the F1 trade combo with GC could come to fruition.
I'd love to see a potential pick up of Berry then Hotton. Doesn't matter where other clubs think they could land, just take what you need as the opportunity arises.
The fact that Hotton has had a knee injury doesn't bother me as there would be medical information available.
Think Judd and even Cripps in this regard.

The other thing I'd like to mention is the potential Houston, or even Petracca trades.
I think Houston makes us a better team. Goes without saying.
His ball use is elite and that kind of delivery into the two best forwards in the competition can't be underestimated.
It would also free up others to play more attacking roles, eg Boyd and Cincotta, if indeed they aren't traded.
Not at all saying that either of them should be traded but they will be used more aggressively if they stay.
I believe that's something that will be put on Voss and the assistants over the summer - get a better balance between attack and defence.

We've been rebuilding for 25 years so if a player like Houston or Petracca wants to join this current group then you take that opportunity.
Hopefully Austin can stick to his guns and get things done on good terms.

Another thing is that I think everyone is obsessed with the need for speed.
I think the need for speed is there but more importantly, our needs should be focused on precision ball use.
That would free up players to run and create because they know that player x rarely misses a kick.
Think Charlie Cameron's chip across the body in the Grand Final. Superb!

Above all though, despite having my doubts about Austin in the past I look forward to this trade period happy in the knowledge that he has his secret weapon still in hand - his magical future third!

Go Blues!

One thing about time in the sin bin (thanks mods! LMAO) is that I've seen everyone's reactions over the various threads in that time.

Most are hell bent on keeping pick 11, and fair enough too. Best available at that pick would be a fantastic pick up, I'm sure.
Even better imho would be consecutive picks if the F1 trade combo with GC could come to fruition.
I'd love to see a potential pick up of Berry then Hotton. Doesn't matter where other clubs think they could land, just take what you need as the opportunity arises.
The fact that Hotton has had a knee injury doesn't bother me as there would be medical information available.

The other thing I'd like to mention is the potential Houston, or even Petracca trades.
His ball use is elite and that kind of delivery into the two best forwards in the competition can't be underestimated.
It would also free up others to play more attacking roles, eg Boyd and Cincotta, if indeed they aren't traded.
Not at all saying that either of them should be traded but they will be used more aggressively if they stay.
I believe that's something that will be put on Voss and the assistants over the summer - get a better balance between attack and defence.

We've been rebuilding for 25 years so if a player like Houston or Petracca wants to join this current group then you take that opportunity.

I think the need for speed is there but more importantly, our needs should be focused on precision ball use.
That would free up players to run and create because they know that player x rarely misses a kick.

Above all though, despite having my doubts about Austin in the past I look forward to this trade period happy in the knowledge that he has his secret weapon still in hand - his magical future third!

Go Blues!
great post

If it had, it wouldn't tell you...
Yes indeed - I think I took the wrong coloured pill.

sci-fi GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong are ruthless in the trade period. We, are not. Simples.
Smith was always going to Geelong and there is no player that meets our needs less rn than an Oliver on a massive salary. The other big name currently is Houston and we have been heavily linked to him but will not sell the farm for him which most on here agree with. Not sure what more you are expecting...

And yet Cripps lasted to pick 13. Twelve other teams thought that they had found players better than him in his draft.

As Paul Simon was once moved to say "a man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest".
The Boxer, "....a man hears what he wants to hear....", great song and the lyric still resonates, "..I am leaving, I am leaving ,but the fighter still remains."

Oliver wants to be traded to Geelong too.
They are getting Smith, Martin and potentially Oliver. They will be premiership favourites next year with these trades
And we will get windburn from other clubs moving ahead of us (or even further ahead than they are now) if all we do is go to the draft + Haynes.

Go Blues!
You’re setting a dangerous precedent coming out of the “sin bin”, being thoughtful, measured, realistic & hopeful.

Your giving them just cause to lay the smack down on the rest of us 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back