Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarry would have to include a F1….certainly more than R2
It’s a salary dump so whoever gets him will get him for next to no trade capital if they agree to pay his full salary which is substantial and over a long term. The only way the Dees get an F1 for him is if they agree to pay most of his salary.

Big reason we want owies out is cuz we had him on a 200K basement contract and now wants 500K which is ludicrous.

bit of space for Konstanty and Haynes on 300K base deals.

Owies not worth 300k, but some injury prone guy from Sydney that everyone hates and has never played an AFL game is worth 300k?

If this is true, we need to shut the place down.

Owies not worth 300k, but some injury prone guy from Sydney that everyone hates and has never played an AFL game is worth 300k?

If this is true, we need to shut the place down.
He is being offered 500K elsewhere.
He is not worth that to us-200k p.a. Extra Espesh on a 2/3 year deal is substantial

500k pa ?
owies?
Matthew owies?
🤔
He did kick 30 goals this year tbf. 500K is just above average these days. To some teams he is worth that. Imo you can find 30 goals from a VFL forward I.e. liam mcmahon (into him a a rookie pick from Carlton VFL) who would genuinely apply more pressure then owies defensively despite being a KPF

He did kick 30 goals this year tbf. 500K is just above average these days. To some teams he is worth that. Imo you can find 30 goals from a VFL forward I.e. liam mcmahon (into him a a rookie pick from Carlton VFL) who would genuinely apply more pressure then owies defensively despite being a KPF
most of the 30 against the worst couple of sides in the comp. Good luck to him if someone is actually offering something decent. Run boy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The cats have a never ending salary cap. Of course they do. Bailey smith models for Cotton on. Cotton on sponsors the cats. The cats pay within salary cap and cotton on pays on top of that. As for Clarry. And the rest. There is always land and property up in Geelong and Torquay. How do they get away with it? Well it’s not Carlton so all is good for the rest. This is why i dont respect Geelong footy club anymore. They all bagged Carlton for buying a premiership, it’s exactly what Geelong are doing. But media let them all be as its not Carlton.

The cats have a never ending salary cap. Of course they do. Bailey smith models for Cotton on. Cotton on sponsors the cats. The cats pay within salary cap and cotton on pays on top of that. As for Clarry. And the rest. There is always land and property up in Geelong and Torquay. How do they get away with it? Well it’s not Carlton so all is good for the rest. This is why i dont respect Geelong footy club anymore. They all bagged Carlton for buying a premiership, it’s exactly what Geelong are doing. But media let them all be as its not Carlton.
How does this compare to the Judd deal
And the money that was taken away from him into his contract from visy. Isn’t there something written in afl
Rules now that you can’t do that anymore.

It’s a salary dump so whoever gets him will get him for next to no trade capital if they agree to pay his full salary which is substantial and over a long term. The only way the Dees get an F1 for him is if they agree to pay most of his salary.
Oliver may just decide to get out of Melbourne I will take less. Demons pay $100k a year and Cats pay $800k... just cause he is on over $1M currently does not mean he is on that moving forward.

I’m not saying you’re wrong. But in the top 100 earners of 2024, Carlton had 7 and the Cats have 3. Maybe it has to do with what you said or maybe the spread their cap more even than we do

Just reading up on TPP and additional player payments. It seems to state that it’s the afl discretion to approve additional funding from a teams sponsor. Hence the removal of judds in 2012 after getting extra from 2008-2011. As smith already has an existing arrangement with cotton on it will only come up if that arrangement is altered once he states he’s signing with Geelong (today). If Geelong were prepared for this they would have got him a nice pay rise from cotton on throughout this season under the proviso he signs for 2025. It’s going to be messy for the afl and if the media get a hold of a sniff of this (it’s already going to look insane if smith and Oliver both come to Geelong) this will be a huge story over the coming weeks of the trade period.

IMG_4243.jpeg

Oliver wants to be traded to Geelong too.
They are getting Smith, Martin and potentially Oliver. They will be premiership favourites next year with these trades
One is a male model with an attitude problem coming off a knee reco, another is a drug addict with an attitude problem and the other one will probably tear his calf signing the contract.

All very good players in a perfect world but I'll reserve my judgement until this time next year......

How does this compare to the Judd deal
And the money that was taken away from him into his contract from visy. Isn’t there something written in afl
Rules now that you can’t do that anymore.

There is little known codicil in the AFL constitution

If there are any rules that benefit all sides but one of those sides is Carlton then we didn’t mean it.

🙄

The way he’s going, this Glicksy dude is gonna have more likes than ferrisb by the end of next week.
What are the ramifications??
That happens and I'll have to start posting fake training reports again...

Oliver wants to be traded to Geelong too.
They are getting Smith, Martin and potentially Oliver. They will be premiership favourites next year with these trades
To play devils advocate. It’s a risk & it may work, it may blow up.

The assumption that Geelong will just fix clarry everything will be rosey & he will be back to his best isn’t accurate. They failed with Jack Steven for example.

Then with Jack Martin, they may get him right, but he may only be a 5-10 game a year burst player, like with Carlton & struggle to stay on the park. Been countless examples of clubs thinking they will get a player right & it not working. Just as many as successful.

Bailey Smith, that 2021 finals season was unreal, then the first half of 2021. However the rest of 2022 (after his off field stuff) wasn’t great, neither was 2023. No where near the top level we saw in that finals series. To the point where WB moved him out of the middle & he couldn’t break in. We are assuming they are getting the 2021 finals series Bailey Smith, but it’s been 3.5 years and a knee reco since we saw that form. Wouldn’t be the first young player to take the comp by storm, then fall away with off field stuff. See Jaidyn Stephenson. I think most after his first season & finals campaign we all thought he could be anything. When was the last time most footy fans outside of North even thought of him.

You then add their lack of ruckman, an aging Dangerfield, aging Cameron. They’d want to get them all fit and firing next year & win it. But it’s a lot of glass half full & assumptions that they can make those 3 players back to their best.

If I was Geelong I’d do it too, they show a pattern of being able to, however it’s no guarantee

GFC won’t be paying it all, MFC is expecting to be shelling out some.

However, once a player leaves a club the contract is null & void, so the dollars can be agreed to by the new club with player.

If this is on Oliver’s desire to move, then money can be renegotiated with his new club along with tenure. Depends how much each party wants it enough on the remuneration side of things (or Clarry - this would be the same case with Petracca).

Reading is that MFC would rather keep C.O. for another year to extract a greater return at the trade table, otherwise they’ll be pushing for F1 + a player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back